homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivational thread!

+9
2boysmum
dolly blue
marciared
Bitsy Beans
PurpleIvy
knitmylife
flibsey
alec eiffel
MrsH
13 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Motivational thread! - Page 4 Empty Re: Motivational thread!

Post  alec eiffel Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Today is my "get ready for the weekend" day, we're going to be out most of the day tomorrow so everything needs to be done today so I can get back from Manchester and just flop! So far I have changed the sheets, done the washing up and put it away, cleaned the worksurfaces, had a ten minute tidy down throughout, cleaned the bathroom (still have the shower area to do), put a load of laundry on and put yesterday's laundry away. Washed all the blankets and stuff for the spare rooms yesterday so they're ready to go.

Still have to clean the bunny pen, write the shopping list and do the floors.

Have a good day everyone and have fun at the park MrsH.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

hope things turn up Mrs H they usually do.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks TP, they'll probably turn up when I buy the new address book, and get new keys cut Laughing

This morning, DD was awake at 6:40am Sad I refused to go in until 7:30 though Smile So far today, I have: dusted, hoovered, mopped, stripped beds and put bedding in machine. The shopping will arrive in the next hour, and this afternoon, I will clean the bathroom, then do some washing up. I'm trying to put my feet up more, as practically the whole family have been telling me off for not doing! But I can see the benefits, so I'm doing it for baby. Just having some crackers and cheese, hungry constantly just now!

A good day to all.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:40 pm

I've swept the floors and have a jacket spuds a cooking in the oven along with homemade pork in cider cassarole and a veggies sausage and cider cassrole.

I've feed the dog.

Now checking internet while preparing my schedule for next week.

I have some accounts to finish nearly done now and I'm slowly working through a big pile of sewing. Very Happy
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:50 pm

MrsH wrote:Thanks TP, they'll probably turn up when I buy the new address book, and get new keys cut Laughing

This morning, DD was awake at 6:40am Sad I refused to go in until 7:30 though Smile So far today, I have: dusted, hoovered, mopped, stripped beds and put bedding in machine. The shopping will arrive in the next hour, and this afternoon, I will clean the bathroom, then do some washing up. I'm trying to put my feet up more, as practically the whole family have been telling me off for not doing! But I can see the benefits, so I'm doing it for baby. Just having some crackers and cheese, hungry constantly just now!

A good day to all.

Have you looked down the bag of the sofa? Laughing Laughing
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:01 am

Good going Aisles. I'm a little unmotivated when it comes to cooking at the moment, I'm hoping DH might do a bolognase when he gets in, otherwise it will have to be something frozen and bunged in the oven - although that's occasional these days.

TP, I should pull the sofas out fully (or get DH to!) as they have a hollow area beneath at the back where all dropped things end up. You could be onto something there!

Well, since lunch, I've washed up and wiped down in the kitchen, put the bedding in the dryer, cleaned the bathroom and made DD's bed. Still need fresh bedding on ours and to put away all dry washing on airers. Doing quite well with the regular breaks too Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Did you find your stuff MrsH?

We had a bit of a tidy round yesterday, Dan did the floors and washing up and I did the tidying and dusting. I even did my least favourite task - recycling. So everywhere was nice and tidy when we got up today. So far today I have made the bed and changed the sheets on the other bed, put laundry away and washed one load, there's another in and there's some handwashing in the sink,bunnies have been dealt with and bird feeders filled. Still have to do some ironing, hang the laundry when it's done, make soup and something for tea and find some storage boxes and picture frames to buy.

Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 pm

[quote="MrsH"]Good going Aisles. I'm a little unmotivated when it comes to cooking at the moment, I'm hoping DH might do a bolognase when he gets in, otherwise it will have to be something frozen and bunged in the oven - although that's occasional these days.

TP, I should pull the sofas out fully (or get DH to!) as they have a hollow area beneath at the back where all dropped things end up. You could be onto something there!

I remember once i saw a thread and it said if you were my keys/purse where would you be hiding and everyone was saying where they would look? Laughing Laughing
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 pm

I was feeling unwell the other day and went for a bath to cheer myself up. hubby announced he'd cook so I was expecting the usual defrosted home made ready meal or beans on toast... NO!!!
I came downstairs to amazing smells and found he'd made bacon-y bubble and squeak from scratch, left the skins on the tatties so I'd get extra vitamin C and put it all on a plate with a perfectly fried egg! I was astounded and incredibly thankful.

Motivational thread! - Page 4 IMG_6671
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:48 am

Hi all!

I'm afraid I haven't found my stuff, which is very frustrating. I've written off the address book and almost at that stage with the keys now. Hate losing keys, I feel paranoid that a burglar has them! And now realised I am also missing a pair of shoes Laughing but they have to be in the house, I can't imagine going out in them and returning in my stockinged feet, having never noticed! Ooh, the frustration! Actually did a 'where would you hide?' status on fb the other day TP! Still no joy sadly.

Was feeling a little off over the weekend, and spent this morning in the day assessment unit, as I've had some abdominal and back cramping. Was very worried, had a little cry Sad but seems all is well with baby and I have a water infection so have to take antibiotics and pain killers for now. Have done naff all and rested all weekend, so although still tempted to sit on my bum, am going to move in a few minutes and hope to achieve the following:

*Tackle washing up and wipe kitchen sides and dining table
*Dust
*Get DD to help tidy her toys away in lounge
*Hoover and mop
*Clean bathroom.

Then it will be time for tea, bath and bed for DD and I!

I may check back this evening if I can hack staying up later than DD!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:10 am

I managed to do all of the above so very happy with that Very Happy Will be lying on the sofa and watching TV for a while now as my back is KILLING me pale

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Mrs H are you Nesting??!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:38 pm

I think it's hit me early! Shocked Been doing lots of tidying/ decluttering again this morning, and given DH instructions for his week off next week re clearing the little bedroom ready......I've also been considering packing my hospital bag...oh dear, you're onto me! Laughing

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Morning homemakers! Well, am going to make an early start today as DD was, of course, up at the crack of dawn but also we have a little one's birthday party to attend later so want to make sure jobs all get done. Today's jobs (with a little help from DH before he goes to work tonight!) are:

*Dust
*Hoover and mop
*Clean bathroom
*Clean kitchen sink, wipes sides and surfaces
*Change beds
*Wash a load (if not 2!)

Hope you all have have fantastic Fridays, will more than likely pop back later or this evening and see what I've missed the past couple of days!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Morning!

Today is a normal Friday of making sure everywhere is ready for the weekend so we don't have to think about housework. So it's all the normal stuff - changing the sheets, dusting, floors and all that stuff. I need to brave the cold and venture into the garage to get the big Christmas tree out as we're going to put it up tomorrow - the small one has been up since Sunday *yay*.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:53 am

Hey there! How did you get on Alec?

I can tick all mine off Very Happy

DH changed the beds for me, I had a bit of a moment this morning as I'd struggled up the stairs with the hoover when he was still in bed, and stubbed my toes. He started lecturing me on doing too much domestically so I reminded him I'm the only one who does any of it, ever. And if I don't get it done, who will? So he offered to help. I must admit, I'm getting bigger now and my bump is slowing me down much to my frustration. We've struck a deal that he now carries heavier items up and downstairs, and that he moves the dining chairs when I mop etc. So some stuff will only get done when he's in, which is the opposite to normal but I guess I have to be adaptable.

Going to do DD something snacky for tea as she ate a ton of food at party! Then it's pasta for me after she's in bed, going to really relax and enjoy my programmes in peace after tea Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:59 am

Hi,

Yep, got everything done, we put the big Christmas tree up too which took ages but looks good so I'm happy with that. Haven't done anything this morning other than order some coffee and go to Lytham for a wander around and listen to a guy play the accordion!

Glad to hear you've struck a deal with DH, even if it's not ideal for you needs must at the moment. Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:12 am

find it hard to get motivated when its cold.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:42 am

TP wrote:find it hard to get motivated when its cold.

I just stick the radio on and get cracking, if I'm not doing a deep clean I do 3 20 minute sessions during a day and that's time to do loads. I warm up more quickly puttering about doing things than sitting down in the gloom.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:48 am

i love the fire too much bounce
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 am

Today we're having a bit of a lazy day but Dan has done the washing up and hoovered the dining area, kitchen and stairs. I've done the bunny pen, swept the living area, dusted, organised the porch cupboard and had a two minute tidy.

Last night I organised the pantry, made curry for today and had a tidy in the kitchen as well as the usual swish and swipe etc. Hope everyone's having a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:06 am

my motivation today was my parents visiting!!
I got up at 9 (jim had sophie from 8 'cos I'm not well and had to get up at 4am for painkillers, then we switched places as he's on nights)... firs thting I did was feed Squidge and Piggo ,then I cleaned the kitchen and made mince pies!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:17 pm

How are you feeling today flibsey?

Just done the minimum jobs today, everything looks fine so I get to quilt!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:45 am

Reading a few blogs this morning lead me to have a couple of mini brainwaves.

I want some more cupboard space in the kitchen so I've rearranged a few things - iron, bird food, all those little bits and bobs you need but don't really know how to store and all that stuff. Plus all the cleaning stuff, bin bags, cloths etc from the kitchen and the bathroom. Repurposed a few baskets and things and now I have two empty shelves and lots of well stored stuff. It's been driving me mad for months, can't believe I didn't think of it before.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 am

Hey there, I have DH home for a few days, hence less posting.

I'm very good though and have kept on top of my usual jobs. We're mainly preparing for Christmas this week, decs, wrapping writing last cards etc. Tomorrow, we'll be doing the last of the shopping thank goodness! Gifts that is, there'll still be food to sort out.

This afternoon, I am washing up and wiping down, cleaning the oven (joy!), hoovering and maybe do a wash load. What I would like to do is go back to bed and snuggle up for half an hour or so (which I guess I can if the tiredness overwhelms me!)

Well done Flibsey and Alec! How are your festive preps coming on?!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next