homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivational thread!

+9
2boysmum
dolly blue
marciared
Bitsy Beans
PurpleIvy
knitmylife
flibsey
alec eiffel
MrsH
13 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Motivational thread! Empty Motivational thread!

Post  MrsH Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Now, I've got up this morning, at 6:30 with DD Rolling Eyes (bit early for me, but it's set to remain this way I think, she's been doing it for 4 months now). And feeling a little rough, as I do every morning when pregnant, I have sat online ever since, breaking off occasionally to feed/ water/ play with DD. We're still in our pj's Embarassed , and well, it just won't do. DH is about to embark on a long weekend off work, and I'd rather we had quality family time than me zipping about trying to catch up with the house. So, I'm going to do what I can before 1pm today when he's home. My list is as follows:

*Get showered and dressed.
*Put away washing on maiden.
*Dust whole house.
*Vac and mop throughout.

I'll be breaking off for lunch, then this pm:

*Clean bathroom
*Wash dishes and clean kitchen.

This seems perfectly achievable, even for a slightly sick woman Laughing Let's hope so, would like DH to come home to something less than chaos.
I thought it would be motivating to write it down here, as it seems like I have to answer to someone - even if it is just myself Laughing MIL is having DD at some point over weekend and at that point DH will be helping me with general tidying.

Feel free to join in if you need motivation to crack on!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Motivational thread! Empty Re: Motivational thread!

Post  alec eiffel Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Today is the final day of the working week for me too as Dan is off tomorrow and we're having a day in the Lake District *yay*.

I have done my minimum jobs already - air and make the bed, swish and swipe the bathroom, do the washing up and put it away, deal with rabbits.

Still to do - get hair cut, sweep the living area, put laundry away, sweep and wash kitchen floor, dust living and dining areas, fill the bird feeders, put the recycling out and have a two minute tidy before bed. The rest of the day I'm going to work on my wall hanging.

Have a good day, don't do too much!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi, I'm feeling pretty energised now! I've achieved the morning jobs, aside from putting away washing, as that is still slightly damp. I threw open the windows as it's pretty mild here today and there has been a lovely fresh breeze wafting through Very Happy Dusted all rooms thoroughly, hoovered and mopped (I used Hetty, and then went round carpets with upright hoover too, just for good measure!) Some tidying has also been achieved, which was inevitable really, as I made my way round. Now off to check banking online, clear last night's dishes from the drainer Embarassed and prepare lunch for a moany DD. Good luck with yours AE Motivational thread! 2961018439 Motivational thread! 783247815 Motivational thread! 2853251097 Motivational thread! 1849994756 Motivational thread! 1472570176 Motivational thread! 2948976692

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 pm

Thank you, thank you. Not doing too badly just a bit of picking up to do (all my own work I'm afraid) then we should be grand.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:14 am

utterly no motivation today whatsoever.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:18 am

Tomorrow is a new day Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:19 am

thoroughly fed up and demotivated as im at work all day. Sad
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:20 am

yes tomorrow is another day. sadly another work day for me. and then its the weekend. thank god.

will be doing a bit of christmas shopping and cleaning and ironing and food shopping. (feel depressed now) xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:21 am

Awww poor you, feeling depressed. At least the weekend starts tomorrow and you can look at all the shiny things when you go Christmas shopping!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:27 am

I just started my Christmas shopping t'other day - I dread it every year. I think my motivation has come through the boredom that comes with bed rest. A few weeks of that, and I was desperate to wash dishes Laughing Hope all have a great day tomorrow, whatever you have planned/ have to do x

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:31 am

I know what you mean, until you're on bed rest you never appreciate all those little mundane things.

As an extra bonus job today I decluttered my wardrobe and found 10 items for the charity bag. Might have a look for some fashion inspiration while we're out tomorrow. Our weekend starts in about 2 hours now and I can't wait.

Enjoy your evening.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:56 am

tomorrow is indeed another day. I'm going to have a nice bath and an early night tonight I think.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Oh dear, our weekend is all to pot after DD was sick in bed in the early hours. We're all extremely tired, so staying in during today.

DH is taking DD to my mums this afternoon so we can clear up properly. I need to remove stains from carpet Sad , hoover through all rooms, wash what didn't fit in machine last night and send duvet and pillow to launderette for large capacity machine. For extra hygiene, I'm doing a hands and knees job on the hard floors, just in case. She seems OK now, she's had a phlegm-y cough, so I think it's mostly down to that, poor lamb, she was quite upset.

She's currently snuggled beside me on the sofa, wrapped in a blanket while I try and relax for a bit on here before the fun begins after lunch. DH is tidying round for me to make jobs later a bit easier, and then making some lunch. Wish I could disappear on a spa weekend or something, but I think my pampering days are well and truly behind me. Ah well, onwards. Hope you are all having good weekends, I'm sure ours will improve Smile

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Just domestic stuff for me I'm afraid, although I was away last weekend and then away again next week, so lots of Motivational thread! 2853251097 Motivational thread! 1849994756 Motivational thread! 1472570176 Motivational thread! 2961018439

Hub is away for work some of this week and out a couple of evenings as well, so he needs to pack tomorrow. I need the stuff laundered first!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:01 am

Quiet here, innit?
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:13 am

Yeah after the flurry of posting initially it's gone quiet.

Motivation? Comes and goes. I am planning on starting Christmas shopping on Tuesday. Got weekly shop to do tomorrow oh joy. I WILL stick to my frugal list and NOT be swayed by the items for sale in Aldi Very Happy
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I generally only post when I'm here on my own. I spend the weekend having fun with Dan! This weekend we went to the Lake District on Saturday and yesterday we just went to the beach for a bit, planted some bulbs and watched the football.

Have lots of stuff to do today, nothing huge though. So far I have aired and made the bed, tidied the bedroom, swish and swiped the bathroom, put some laundry away, put some laundry on to wash, swept the living area, dealt with bunnies, put away coats and shoes, put the washing up away and cleaned the worksurfaces. Think that's all for the morning. I'm about to tidy and dust the living area then henry the dining area and kitchen. I want to do some painting this afternoon but we'll see, I might sidetrack myself with quilting instead... Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Had a busy day yesterday, had lunch with friends, then out for tea for SIL's birthday. Amazingly, DD managed to sleep until 9 this morning with no night waking! Shocked DH and I were both astonished when we saw the time. Bump is moving higher and beginning to crush my lungs, leaving me breathless a lot.

Well, this morning I dusted every room, tidied with DH's help, and hoovered and mopped throughout. This afternoon, plans are to clean the bathroom, put a wash load on, drive around local area on pre school watch (DD gets statutory 15 hours a week from Jan, think we're so fortunate to get that), and pop into mum's. Mum has offered to take some washing off my hands as I bought her a humongous pack of washing powder recently, and with DD being sick, she knows I've fallen behind a bit. Problem in our modest home is drying space. I do all towels and bedding in the dryer, and don't really want to use it for more than that, but inevitably some days it looks like a chinese laundry, things on maidens and hanging off door handles etc. We have just purchased a modern version of a ceiling airer from amazon, now just working out where it will go, and who to ask nicely to pop it up for us as DH is not the most enthusiastic DIY-er. In fact, he has been known to botch flatpack furniture which comes with a dummy guide, and I'm not much better Embarassed Anyway, once we have that in hand, it should relieve some of the washing congestion Very Happy

Hope you all have lovely, motivational Mondays Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi MrsH,

Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday and a productive one so far today! I'm getting a fair bit done, just making some lunch now and having a sit down. The next load of laundry is about ready to hang, sadly the sun has gone away and it's not very cold and very cloudy so that might not stay out for long. Never to worry. Enjoy the rest of your day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Its hard to get motivated when its cold.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 pm

marciared wrote:Its hard to get motivated when its cold.

It really is! I like it when I can spring out of bed and have a nice time, but now I just want to sit down with a cuppa and wait for spring!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Just think of the warmth once you're busy! That's what I'm currently telling myself anyway. I managed to shower, wash my hair, put the dryer on, ring a local pre school and book a visit for this afternoon. And then flopped on here! Before this afternoons visit, I still need to: Motivational thread! 2853251097 Motivational thread! 2961018439 Motivational thread! 783247815 , and afterwards, DH and I plan to make a start on the clutter hell which will be baby's room *sigh*. Will report back later, on what I have (or haven't!) achieved Smile

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:02 pm

I have done some work today though. I have aired and made the bed, swish and swiped, put some laundry away, put the washing up away, cleaned the worksurfaces, dusted the living area, dealt with bunnies and had a ten minute tidy downstairs. So we look quite sorted although I do need to remove big clumps of hay from the floors downstairs.

Good luck with the decluttering!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:34 am

Good luck with the decluttering MrsH, I've done a fair bit of that over the past month but getting a bit bored of it now Laughing
Just rehung the last of 4 pairs of curtains with thermal liners attached in dining room, I washed them and ironed them damp then hung bit puffed out now.
Need to knock a loaf up can't be bothered to go out shopping, I've a tesco direct order to pick up its been there a week Shocked , will do that tomorrow.
Must take the dog out and clean the dog poo up in the garden, its a bit dangerous now with leaves on the lawn covering it up Laughing
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:11 am

AE, you have a really good routine Smile Is it FlyLady inspired? I used to do something similar, then my DD started toddling and I couldn't work with it any more Rolling Eyes Hi dolly blue, thanks to you both for the encouragement, not as far on as I'd like to be just now, have yet to sort out the kitchen before we start on the bedroom, may get half an hour done today if we're lucky - but I'm told that's the way to get through it Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next