homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivational thread!

+9
2boysmum
dolly blue
marciared
Bitsy Beans
PurpleIvy
knitmylife
flibsey
alec eiffel
MrsH
13 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Motivational thread! - Page 9 Empty Re: Motivational thread!

Post  dolly blue Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:28 pm

You don't really need much do you Alec, thinking of putting the house on the market but not sure whats happening in the market, can't get myself motivated to get the valuers in, sorry if anyone are estate agents here but they are on the low end of my list of genuine people.
Done our bedroom vac and changed the bedding, did DD and the office on Tues,DS can wait until he leaves for uni.
Might touch paintwork up this afternoon then tomorrow is paperwork (need to open isa)
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 pm

I'm not sure what's going on with house sales either. I know my next door but one neighbours had their house up for sale for about 7 months and we noticed the other day that the board has come down so I guess there was no interest. I'm not surprised though, they were asking more than £20k more for their house than we paid for this, theirs is a terrace and ours is detached. We paid £11k less than the asking price for this too. I think their EA was being waaaaaaaay too optimistic!

I agree with you about agents too. Ours was flipping useless. We went with the company we did because they said they did accompanied viewings and we thought that would be a good idea as we'd never sold a house before. Stupidly I thought that meant he'd come round and find out tons about the house before the first viewing. WRONG he knew nothing about it and his indecision seemed to put people off. I was doing so much work we told him not to bother. Not to mention the fact he was a smoker and I actually saw him in his car before a viewing spraying himself with Febreeze. I kid you not. So the house smelled of cigarettes and febreeze when he'd been in there - neither smell is something I wanted in my house. So I took over. We were desperate to sell but we never told anyone that. And I sold sold sold my little heart out and we were very flexible on the price, we knew what we needed to be able to move here, kept that to ourselves and worked with our buyer. It was a great house but we sold it knowing we could have got more but the sale was more important than hanging on for another few quid.

I never want to move house again it was soooooo stressful!

It's surprising how little you need when you start to really think about it. We thought we'd decluttered a lot before we moved but it's only now we realise we'd only just started! We got rid of everything that was still boxed up from the move and had lived in the garage for 2 years - can't be that important if he hadn't thought to look for it! We still have "stuff" but everything is something that we really like or is useful to us. And our shopping list of wants is shorter now than it was a couple of weeks ago. So that's a bonus too.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 pm

dolly blue wrote:You don't really need much do you Alec, thinking of putting the house on the market but not sure whats happening in the market, can't get myself motivated to get the valuers in, sorry if anyone are estate agents here but they are on the low end of my list of genuine people.
Done our bedroom vac and changed the bedding, did DD and the office on Tues,DS can wait until he leaves for uni.
Might touch paintwork up this afternoon then tomorrow is paperwork (need to open isa)

you dont need an estate agent you can do it yourself.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:05 pm

I'd say the one good thing about having an EA is the negotiation. The negotiator at our EA was great and it was worth the money for that (if not for the actual agent).

Finally finally after many false starts and putting it off we have removed the stair carpet! *yay*. The wood underneath is in pretty good condition, is still varnished and stuff so other than filling the holes where the carpet grips were we should be ok. Dan glossed the top bit of the stairs on Saturday and it looks amazing - no more cream! We we just have to do the up bit of each tread (whatever that's called) and the other handrail. I filled the many large gaps in the living area and need to sand, refill and sugarsoap the walls then we're ready to paint in there. I would like to have it done by the end of next month but we'll see.

I think that was all we got done in the house...

How's everyone else getting on?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:53 am

Just got motivated and requested two house valuation by email, they can ring me at their cost Laughing to book a date
Did go away at the weekend so nowt got done around the house Shocked
Sorted out my isa's forms arrived this morning and I've sent them back with all the gumbings they needed.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Ooooh, exciting! How long have you lived in your current home?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Lived in the house about 11 years I think but purchased it 14 yrs ago (bit of a shed, lived in a caravan, no water lecy roof falling in)
Got a couple of blokes coming tomorrow was hoping for Fri so I could tart it a bit more up but never mind, just have to wang DS stuff in his cupboard, his room looks a mess Shocked
Tried selling back in 07/08 but nowt happened.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Wow, that was quick. Hope the valuations are good.

Have deep cleaned the kitchen this morning - fancied a break from filling!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:32 am

Hi Alec, valuations came in about the same so that was a good start, and what I thought it might be. 2 different charges and contracts but might be able to get them to adjust Laughing to my terms.
Oh was at home but went to hide in the shed so I grilled the agents for two Smile
Just need to have a chat about it with OH a bit more.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9