homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivational thread!

+9
2boysmum
dolly blue
marciared
Bitsy Beans
PurpleIvy
knitmylife
flibsey
alec eiffel
MrsH
13 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Motivational thread! - Page 6 Empty Re: Motivational thread!

Post  alec eiffel Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi MrsH,

Ikwym about spending less time online. I've recently dropped the other forum I used to visit so now I'm only posting here. It was a tough decision as I've been posting there for years but there you go, it doesn't really mean anything so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I have finished painting the pantry and this morning I moved all the stuff back into it. Gave things a rejiggle so hopefully it will make more sense now and I'll keep it a bit more tidy! Other than that I have done the washing up and put it away, swept the living area, put the laundry away, a load of laundry is washing now and I've done a ten minute tidy downstairs. Think that's all.

Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Good news, Henry is coming home on Saturday with a new motor. So it will be like having a new little friend *yay*. I took a photograph of him when we took him to the repair shop as I could see him through the door, it was such a sorry sight - it was like leaving a pet at the vet not knowing if they were ever going to return home Laughing

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Morning everyone,

Cracking on with some more painting today. I'm going to paint the walls on the landing, I was going to take a day off but the paint was there and it's only a small space so why not? So far this morning I have aired and made the bed, put laundry away, put a load on to wash, done the washing up and put it away, cleared and cleaned the worksurfaces, swept the dining, living and kitchen areas, dusted in the living area and had a ten minute tidy.

Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 am

Henry is still not back from the hoover hospital and I'm really missing it now! It will be tomorrow or Saturday when we pick it up then I shall hoover everything! Haven't done any big tasks this week. We're spending the weekend decorating so things should look a bit nicer by next week.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:08 am

Hey there! Well, looks like I'll be hanging around a fair bit more again, as my pelvic girdle pain is now such that I'm struggling with mobility. Awaiting physio appointment, hoping I don't end up on crutches which is a possibility. It seems like such hard work keeping on top of the house just now, and I've been told by basically everyone I know that I need to rest more - I can't disagree with them to be honest, I'm so tired. I'm not sleeping well at night, DH is snoring a lot, I've got restless legs and turning in an attempt to get comfortable is sheer agony. Doing the walk to and from pre school twice a day is killing me, I feel like my pelvis is about to fall apart Sad

House not too bad considering my current predicament. I do need to make a list while I am sat here of what I need to do over the next few days, both domestically and otherwise, and what DH can do while he's off to help his lovely wifey Wink DH and I getting takeaway tonight as a treat, not had one for a few weeks and in need of a pick-me-up. Feeling the cold a lot, think because I'm sitting still more Laughing

AE, love the Henry/ pet analogy Laughing Oh, and stick to being child free - you don't want to end up like me! Wink

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:18 am

I've had no desire to have a baby in the first 37 years of my life so I'd be surprised if I changed now, lol. It's bad enough keeping an eye on two rabbits and administering pineapple juice 4 times a day let alone something that will learn to speak!

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time of it though, it sounds awful. If anyone offers you any help so you can rest you take it! Look after yourself and enjoy your takeaway tonight Smile

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Today I have to do the usual Friday stuff - change towels, change sheets, laundry away, iron shirts, sweep and dust downstairs, tidy the pantry and my wardrobe and clean the bathroom. There's also some prep to do tonight ready for decorating tomorrow.

Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:13 am

I heard a new term this morning never heard it before. Freemale. Awoman child-free but not childless.

Keep motivated everyone.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 am

TP wrote:I heard a new term this morning never heard it before. Freemale. Awoman child-free but not childless.

Keep motivated everyone.

Yuck, that sounds horrible! And not that I want to open a can of worms but why would we even require a term for a woman who wishes to not have children or have a partner?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:52 am

agree in a way why make a name up lol.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:09 am

Sorted through 7 large boxes of DD's baby clothes yesterday:
- 4 boxes are going to be carbooted next weekend (weather permitting!)
- 3 boxes of baby clothes/moses basket bedding/maternity wear to kept "just in case" Wink

I have put 7 items on ebay
Anything unsold will also be winging its way to the car boot next saturday.

DH decided he will get rid of some of his stuff he doesn't use eg. scalextric set, snooker cue, etc. And he also has a large collection of old (from around 1995) PC gaming magazines that seem to sell for high prices on ebay. So I will test the waters with a couple of these next week and see how they go.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Good work pipling!

I don't have any big projects for this week. Just getting on with the regular stuff. I might deep clean the kitchen this week as there's nothing else on.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 pm

we went to the tip yesterday one unwanted freeview box, old video recorder, curtains, trousers and a couple of old sheets. Tomorrow I am taking a coat and some books to a charity shop.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Decided to pull my tripe out and get something done so have had a mini blitz. Just nipped into each room had a look to see if anything needed doing and if it did I did it! Only the living area left to do and that's just putting some post-it notes away and sweeping the floor but as the rabbits are playing there's no point yet. It's clear and sunny here today so I've stuck some laundry in and hopefully I've enough for another load so that can dry outside too.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Challenged myself to do stuff around the house for as long as the washing machine was on. So in 2 hours 10 minutes I cleaned the main bedroom, including pulling out all the furniture to clean behind, my usual morning routine, cleaned and reorganised the kitchen cupboards and dusted the dining area. Then I hung the laundry up and now I'm having a cup of tea!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:45 am

never ends does it housework a thankless task.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 pm

TP wrote:never ends does it housework a thankless task.

I disagree really, yes, it needs to be done but at least that means I am alive and have another person and two buns to live with, plus when everywhere looks and smells gorgeous and it's all new it's lovely.

Today I deep cleaned the 3rd bedroom/Dan's dressing room. It's a gorgeous day so the curtains should dry outside quickly so I can stick them back up. The hardest bit was navigating my exercise bike out of there so I could move the bed but I just about managed without taking chunks out of the wall! So I pulled out as much of the furniture as I could, cleaned behind it, cleaned the blinds, dusted the bookcases and all the "stuff" in there, henry'd throughout and gave everything a bit of a primp. It's warm enough to have the windows open for the time being so everywhere's getting an airing.

Last edited by alec eiffel on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding stuff)

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:43 pm

I was going to have a lazy day to day but then I took a look around and saw a ton of stuff to do.

So I have made up the single bed, had a two minute tidy in each room, emptied the kitchen bin (we only have a bin in the kitchen and bathroom), done 2 loads of laundry, there's another still to do, cleaned the rabbit pen, swept and hoovered throughout, put my quilting stuff away, done the washing up and cleaned the worksurfaces. Noticed the drain was overflowing too *yuk* so cleared that and am hoping that's that.

Having a bit of a sit down now then time to think of something for tea!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:21 am

Peepo! I'm still here, just been poorly again. Anyway, because of this the house looks kind of like a bomb went off. Doesn't help that DD's favourite new game is getting out sets of bricks and hiding them in groups all around the house Rolling Eyes So, tomorrow, without pushing myself too hard, I'd like to achieve some tidying up, dusting, hoovering/ mopping and to clean the bathroom. Could also do with tackling mount washmore. AE, sounds like you've been getting lots done Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi MrsH,

Hope you're not feeling too bad today, you poor thing!

It does feel like I've been pretty productive this past week, there's a lot to do apparently Shocked Dan decluttered his wardrobe this weekend and I'm going to follow suit. I bought some new clothes, shoes and make up at the weekend (don't usually wear make up but I fancy a change) and when we got home Dan pointed out how old some of our stuff is and that maybe it's time for it to go. So that's a job for me. I think it will be mainly shoes to get rid of as I've hung onto some leather ones because I don't buy leather any more so I kept these "just incase". But if I don't wear them I don't wear them so they might as well be put to use elsewhere.

We also went browsing for a bedroom carpet yesterday and I think we might have made a decision about that. We took down the last set of hideous vertical blinds too and I've been looking for something to replace them. I think we're going to go for nets - it is a retro house so retro window coverings should look grand.

Erm, other than that just some puttering around doing the general stuff. Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

MrsH wrote:Peepo! I'm still here, just been poorly again. Anyway, because of this the house looks kind of like a bomb went off. Doesn't help that DD's favourite new game is getting out sets of bricks and hiding them in groups all around the house Rolling Eyes So, tomorrow, without pushing myself too hard, I'd like to achieve some tidying up, dusting, hoovering/ mopping and to clean the bathroom. Could also do with tackling mount washmore. AE, sounds like you've been getting lots done Very Happy

mount washmore lol i like that. Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 am

My declutter motivation returned, it went missing fore a while Embarassed
I've just gone through a load old old photos, binned blurry or not nice ones and put then into 5 sections for now in a folder, need to get some albums to put them in, will go through them again then.
Can you still but albums or is that a thing of the past?

dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:38 am

I've seen photo albums in WHSmith so they are still available.

Good work with the decluttering. I still haven't ventured into my wardrobe...

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:09 am

ive seen albums too.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks, I wasn't sure if shops still sold albums now we are all digital, will have to make a journey into a big town.
Might have another go in the wardrobe/chest of drawers declutter today, I did this a few months back but wasn't sure about a few items, the same few items have never seen the light of day since so they are going.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next