homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivational thread!

+9
2boysmum
dolly blue
marciared
Bitsy Beans
PurpleIvy
knitmylife
flibsey
alec eiffel
MrsH
13 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Motivational thread! - Page 5 Empty Re: Motivational thread!

Post  alec eiffel Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:59 am

Hi MrsH,

You sound very organised today Smile

Today I had a mini mission which was to clean the wall cupboards in the kitchen. Goodness me, cleaned the doors and they were fine. Stood on a chair to do the top and saw a thin layer of dust on the extractor hood, then got to the top of the cupboards and they were pretty grim. Which must mean I've only done them once since we moved in! I would have done the old newspaper/cling film on the tops but either couldn't be bothered or didn't have any at the time. And guess what - still don't Laughing

Christmas prep is going smoothly. We wrapped everything and posted cards a little while ago, we're not having a trad Christmas lunch so we have most of the stuff for that other than salad and fruit. Found out this morning that one of our friends is coming to stay for a couple of nights between Christmas and New Year so it's given me the push to deep clean the spare room. Shouldn't take too long. Have washed the anti allergy sheets and stuff today, emptied the stash and dash out of the wardrobe and made sure there was nothing under the bed. Just need to dust, clean the woodwork, blinds and light shade, remake the bed and that's about it.

Hope you're enjoying having DH at home.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:09 am

This threads lost its motivation Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:16 pm

TP wrote:This threads lost its motivation Very Happy

I haven't though, promise! Been so busy preparing for Christmas, I've just not been spending as long online! We're all ready now though, and I've managed to keep up with the house, so very pleased with that.

Am thinking of starting to pack my hospital bag today, no rush for it yet as not due until April, but want to feel semi prepared, and I bought some of the bits I need in town when Christmas shopping. Looking forward to Sunday now, even though I still feel pretty rough at times. Planning relatively early nights for the remainder of the week, DH is on lates so I'll be able to spread out in bed for the first few hours Very Happy, and hopefully get some quality shut eye - am soooo tired!

Not very motivational sounding but I'm kind of ahead of myself - I'll be doing a big clean on Friday though! How is everyone else doing?!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:02 pm

fine thanks Mrs H. Going to do some food shopping tonight hope its not too busy? pale
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:10 am

Good work MrsH.

We've been on holiday since Friday night so I haven't been doing too much. Am having a bit of a do today though. Got some laundry on the go, DH has emptied the bins and sorted the recycling and a few other bits and bobs like that. Need to sweep the floors downstairs and that will be that for today.

Finally got round to joining the library today so I have a few books to keep me quiet over the festive period. Still haven't got round to sorting out the spare room, will probably do that this afternoon or tomorrow morning. It's going to be the last chance we have before our friend gets here next Monday. The seemingly endless round of visiting everyone starts tomorrow!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:17 pm

I got lots of stuff done yesterday whilst DD was out for the day:

Wrapped most of the Christmas presents,
Emptied bins, got rid of all the rubbish,
2 loads of washing done and dried (got all the bedding washed and dried the day before as well!)
Tidied and cleaned our bedroom,
Tidied a table that had become a general dumping ground for everything without a home Mad

My motivation being - if I do it now I can relax over Christmas without having to do any house work (Yeah, right Rolling Eyes )
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I just do the minimums over any holiday period. Of course some stuff needs to be done but not loads and loads. We just make sure we do stuff like make beds, swish and swipe the bathroom, empty bins, wipe worksurfaces, clean out the bunny pen, wash up, sweep the floors and have a two minute tidy before tea and before bed. Doesn't take long and everything else can wait.

Today I'm doing a few bits and bobs - minimums (as outlined above), I've changed the sheets and towels, there's a load of laundry in, need to put some laundry away and dust the living area. That's all for today.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Hey there! Well, today is my pre Christmas clean, although, the way I'm feeing it may overlap into tomorrow. Very tired due to growing bump and constant loo runs, and DD is very impatient for Christmas day, and fed up being stuck in with me I think - also have a stinking head cold affecting my mood and temperament pretty badly. Anyhoo, now I'm done spreading the christmas cheer Wink, I need to:
*Change beds
*Dust
*Hoover and mop
*Bathroom
*Washing

Not too over facing but I am exceptionally run down so I'll see how I get on. Hopefully my mood will improve as the day goes on, I was in a really bad one last night after discovering DD peeling the border paper off on the stairs Mad absolutely fuming!!! I don't know what's gotten into her, she's been a little devil this week pale Speak to you soon all.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Poor you MrsH, my bunnies peeled all the wallpaper upto a metre high in the living area and on the stairs so I feel your pain! Although I'm guessing your daughter hasn't chewed the carpet and destroyed your phone and DS charger too with her teeth... Laughing

Have a good day, hope she calms down and realises that Santa doesn't visit wallpaper peeling people!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:12 pm

MrsH, could she be worried about something? perhaps she's concerned about the new baby for instance?
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:20 am

Hi again, mood much improved since this morning Smile Managed to get all done with help from DH before he went to work, and sought sanctuary at my good ol' mum and dads this aft - we stayed for tea too Smile Alec, I wanted to cry over my wallpaper - she hasn't yet started chewing the carpet, but I wouldn't put it past her Laughing

Flibsey, I'm not sure really. There's been a bit of change recently, her dad was off work for a week and went back at he beginning of this week and it didn't go down too well. I think she sees him as the fun parent just now as I've slowed down. She knows she is starting a new preschool after new year, so maybe all the change to routine is bothering her but it's hard to say. She was a bit tearful at bedtime, but has dropped off fine...

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:12 pm

How did everything go over the festive period. Was the house ok or did it become a bit of a tip?

Everything is ok here. Dan has been in charge of the bin, recycling and washing up and I've done everything else. But we're kept to minimums and just kept the place ticking over. Last night I went through all my house magazines, tore out anything I want to keep and stuck it in a folder, other stuff has been recycled (to the tune of 25 magazines). I've kept all my Martha Stewart, Wallpaper and Living etc but there's plenty of room on the bookcase. Today I am going through all the food magazines and doing the same thing. I'm also going through my recipe binder and chucking anything out I don't want anymore - there's already a big pile!

I love decluttering and doing through the magazines is a good, easy way to get rid of lots of stuff and getting some good ideas for menu plans too. Win Win Win.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi there!

Well, we have a had a busy but nice Christmas in spite of feeling a bit grim at times. I have managed to keep up the cleaning, a tad behind with washing, and DH has been in charge of finding homes for gifts so we now just have a baby pile of gifts still sat in the corner Smile AE, you sound organised, is this new year preparation? Smile

Today I am doing a Friday clean which involves dusting, hoovering, mopping (this will possibly become a hands and knees job as I like to get down there occasionally with a cloth and some elbow grease!), changing the bedsheets and cleaning the bathroom. I'm pleased to be staying relatively active so far this pregnancy, not long until I have a mile and a half walk 5 mornings a week with DD to preschool, so gearing up for that. It will be so good for her, just what she needs now I think.

I am online procrastinating right now even though I told myself I'd start first thing. I was rudely awoken by DH this morning at 5:45, shouting down the phone (not aggressively!) and spraying aerosol deodorant in the bedroom which he usually does in the bathroom as he knows I have an allergy Mad Sounds like he was late for work, but I was still a bit miffed at all the disturbance, no need! So I didn't really drop off again properly after that Sad Was sneezing and trying to control runny eyes and nose. Anyway, will spend a little more time online waking up (giving myself 10 more minutes max), then crack on regardless. And will report back later on what a good girl I've been Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Oooh, I hate being woken up with a start like that.

Sounds like things went pretty well housewise for you MrsH, don't overdo it today though!

Dan has gone into work today but I think he's going to finish early as we're going out with my brother. It takes an hour or so to get to his so we don't want to set off too late. Much as I hate the return to work it means I can get a few things done today without having the distraction of wanting to lounge around and drink coffee!

The decluttering is New Year prep really. Sounds a bit daft but I like to get started on my resolutions early so by the time January arrives I'm already settled into the new routine. 2012 for me is all about buying less and doing more and I really want to get on with doing stuff to the house so even though we're pretty decluttered I'm pruning all those things I thought I really needed to keep. I also want to cook and eat in a new way rather than the same old stuff we've been eating for years. I've had a couple of realisations about how I'm living so I want to change things there. I've been trying to fit my old ways of doing things onto the new life here and it just doesn't work. I can't believe I didn't figure it out before and it's hard to explain but it's been a bit of a lightbulb moment for me so that's very exciting!

Waffle over (for now) bounce

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

That all sounds very exciting AE! Love the idea of fresh starts, I haven't really resolved anything in particular yet, what with new baby on the horizon and DD starting preschool, the changes seem to be coming to us rather than me planning for them if you see what I mean?

Looking forward to New Year though, (not that I'll be awake!) but the day itself. The second half of this one was pretty rotten for us with me in and out of hospital, so waving the year goodbye will probably feel pretty good. Can't wait to really start looking ahead, sorting the nursery etc. Managed to pack my hospital bag over Christmas! We need to convert DD's bed back into a cot, buy a new mattress for it and buy her a big girl's bed so a couple of expenses there, but think we're covered.

Have so far managed to strip beds and put washing on, dust, clear the kitchen drainer and clean it and the sink, hoover and washed floors. Still have bathroom to do and a couple of high up cobwebs that have appeared in ceiling corners. The other day, I cleaned the leather sofas and dining chairs, and washed down doors, frames and skirtings Very Happy Also wiped light switches, door handles, and remote controls, don't know what got into me! Feels good to be going into new year clean and fresh though!

Have a good day x

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Yep, that makes sense. We were like that in 2010, new job, new house, new area. It felt like things were happening and we just went with them rather than us making things happen. I think that's why I drifted through last year a bit.

So far today I have aired and made the bed, tidied my wardrobe and bedroom cabinet (found a couple of things to declutter) done 2 loads of laundry and some handwashing, tidied the pantry, swish and swiped, cleaned the worksurfaces, put some laundry away, had a two minute tidy in the living area. Dan has sorted the recycling and decluttered a few books. If I ever drag myself to the garage I know there are a few things to go into the charity bag in there too.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:47 pm

We went to B&Q yesterday and bought some shelving for the garage so we can get that tidied. Dan has organised a bulky waste collection for a bed we want to get rid of - have tried to give it away with no success so it has to go! I think we'll have to find the tip and take a few things over there too then there should be enough room to keep the car in there when needed.

Dan also repaired the fence, it's so windy here the fence was a bit on the wonky side. I also bought a few things to help with getting the garden sorted. All stuff I never want to cough up money for but it's stuff we need/want so there you go.

Today I have a bit of ironing to do and some laundry to put away. Other than that not much needs to be done. Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Morning...feeling horrid pale was sick before so still recovering. Yesterday, took DD to her friends party which was lovely and quite a social occasion for the adults too Smile Came home and dusted, hoovered and mopped, did 2 wash loads. Today I need to tackle the bathroom, clean the sofas and chairs and sort through washing (still a bit behind), and no doubt I'll hoover again. Just feeling so yucky at the moment, think it may take some time to work up to. Thank goodness my mum has offered to look after DD this afternoon - this hardly ever happens, and I feel I need the help today. Will probably pop back later as am determined to fit in some R&R Very Happy Hope you're all well.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Hope everyone's well. Giving this a bump up as it's been quiet for a couple of weeks.

We/I've been busy around the house. This weekend we started the prep for painting the stairwell and we bought a new light shade for it. I painted all the woodwork inside my wardrobe plus the doors. I also made a start painting the pantry. Did three walls yesterday, today I'm going to paint the final wall, sand the woodwork and paint the shelves at least, might not get to the door frame and skirting.

The weekend before we got the garage tidied (as I mentioned). In the end we didn't get a bulky waste collection, Dan just did a couple of runs to the tip and got rid of everything. We have new curtains for our bedroom, finally so now all we need for that room to be totally done is a new carpet which I think we'll get at the start of March - we need money for other things at the minute, like repairing my dead hoover!

Hmmm, other than that it's just been the usual tidying and stuff I think. Having painted my wardrobe and stuff this weekend I've started to appreciate how much woodwork there is to paint in this house. It's going to take a looooong time! Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Ive been decluttering and that feels good. Just want to have the stuff in the house thats needed.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I love decluttering! I think it's one of the reasons I used to love working at the charity shop too - starting off with a tip and ending up with something useable.

Having a break from painting. I've done most of the shelves now, just the underside of the last 2 to do. Then the small wall to paint and a little bit of touching up to do and that's that for today. The skirting will have to wait!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 pm

alec eiffel wrote:I love decluttering! I think it's one of the reasons I used to love working at the charity shop too - starting off with a tip and ending up with something useable.

Having a break from painting. I've done most of the shelves now, just the underside of the last 2 to do. Then the small wall to paint and a little bit of touching up to do and that's that for today. The skirting will have to wait!

painting is quite satisfying too isnt it?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 pm

It is. I'm not a huge fan of all the prep but I keep on with it because it makes all the difference. I like that part of painting when you look at what's done and what isn't and realise how yukky the place was before you started and the gorgeousness is being unveiled.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 pm

yep agree.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi to all, sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been making a focused effort not to spend too much time online. I'm very much on top of my domestics (bar bloomin' washing!), suffering quite a bit with my back as my bump is now huuugggeee! It's slowed me down somewhat, still, not long to go now, (or that's what I keep telling myself!). Cleaned the car seat and pram top for baby the other day, the chassis is in the shed and will need a wash down but will wait for warmer weather for that so it can be done in the garden. The overflowing wash basket is as maddening as ever, to the point I think I'll ask my mum to do some at hers this week - I don't know how it fills so quickly! Am having a chill out morning as DD is at pre school and I'm feeling very tired tired lately. Last night's Desperate Housewives is calling! Very Happy Hope you're all well x

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next