homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

+7
PurpleIvy
dolly blue
stiltwalker
pipling
alec eiffel
Aisles
TP
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread Empty What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

Post  TP Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Daily chatter about your day here.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread Empty Re: What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

Post  Aisles Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Have lots of creating to do to day.

So I'm working on a developing a new crochet design.

also a new patchwork design so lots of drawing on graph paper and looking at materials.

Someone's seen one of my 'Blackwork' keyrings and has asked if I'd create a 'Blackwork' design for her daughters new car keys.

I also have to go over what I'm teaching tomorrow. ( I only teach one morning a week)
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread Empty Re: What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Having a morning puttering round the house then we're going to the beach this afternoon, then to the supermarket then either out for Dan's birthday tea or we'll buy something from the shops and eat at home.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Happy birthday Dan. Have a nice day.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks TP. I just hope his card shows up. I decided to give Moonpig a go, mainly because we call the big grey bunny a moonpig (I have no idea how that came about) but also because I always make stuff so it's a novelty to buy something rather than give him something I knocked up in the shed. He knows there is a card but thinks I've made it so a shop one will be a surprise. It's Spongebob - we saw him at Nickelodeon Land when we had free passes to Blackpool Pleasure Beach last year and Dan liked him lots so that's why I bought that!

He has been claiming "no cake" for the last week but then this morning cake was mentioned. Makes no difference to me, I was always having it Very Happy

Did you see MOTD last night? Did they show the wazzock who cuffed himself to the posts at Goodison?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:51 pm

ha ha yes i saw it.

Shame we didnt get 3 penalties.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Today I am washing all the bedding and sheets.

I want to get my nice thick duvet covers clean and dried by tonight, 'cause its going to be cold!

I have some ebay items ending today, they are all going for far more money than I thought which is really good news.

I might do some baking with DD later and make some cakes.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 pm

I've not seen the highlights yet but I believe 3 could have been given. Still a win is a win and Everton beat City so equal on points. Looks like the next derby is going to be massive!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:05 pm

sunday afternoon Chelsea v United on Sky Sports.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:09 pm

I'd usually be really excited about that fixture but Chelsea are kind of blah at the minute aren't they. No Ashley Cole for them though with him being sent off last night. I think it's Liverpool v Spurs on Monday, we'll watch that, should be a good one. I think it's Liverpool v United on the 11th, early kick off 12.45.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:47 pm

i read that he chained himself to the post because ryanair wouldnt give his daughter a job. Shocked
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah, apparently so. Poor lass, don't think hell have done her any favours sadly.

Today I have woken up in a foul mood. We ordered a new radio for the bedroom on Tuesday evening, it arrived yesterday morning (I love John Lewis!). The radio looks great in the room, sounds good but the display doesn't go off even when it's switched off i.e on standby as it's set for the alarm. So the room is filled with a greeny blue glow and when the radio is on the volume dial is illuminated. WHY? It's obvious people are going to have it in a bedroom as it's got a bloody alarm so why do we need to have it lit up? I find it really hard to get to sleep without any noise but I also need it to be dark so I am so annoyed. Got hardly any sleep and now have to return the flaming thing. Sorry, little vent about something that is pretty irrelevant but there you go!

I also had a crappy day yesterday, Dan didn't want to do anything on his afternoon off so we bought cake, did some grocery shopping then he spent the rest of the day in the shower and on the phone. Total waste of time him being at home.

Don't know what's going on today as my mood is showing no signs of improvement so we shall just have to see. Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:22 am

know what you mean one of our clocks is bright. I remember my parents used to put something over the clock to shield the brightness. That kind of defeats the object though dosent it?

I have been to voluntary work today. I then had my fringe trimmed, went to Superdrug and the Co-op and have paid for our holiday accom today. Ive also watched Rising Damp on ITV 3 before i went out this morning.

Got some ironing to do. Watching Inside Men on tv tonight and keeping warm.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:44 am

Were it just the clock it would be ok. I have a bit of fabric I put over it, but with the position and brightness of the dial it would be difficult if not impossible to cover it over. It's inconvenient but there you go.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am

you'll get your money back, annoying when you have to return things though i know.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:00 am

I was teaching this morning and this afternoon I've been catching up on buisnes emails and paperwork just a few bits.

I'm about to put a load into the washing machine.

oh yes on the way home I dropped into the charity shop and found a toy for the dog and a cotton skirt I'm going to cut up to re make into something else.

Last edited by Aisles on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:01 am

what are you teaching you may have mentioned it but ive forgotten?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:03 am

TP wrote:what are you teaching you may have mentioned it but ive forgotten?

I teach arts and crafts to adults. But I also do some guest lecturing in Child Behaviour about 6 time's a year.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:06 pm

badminton tonight.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Today:
General cleaning and tidying,
1 bill to pay,
DH taking parcels to post office after work,
Might make a cake with DD for MIL's birthday tomorrow,
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:15 pm

At home today killing time before the main event. been waiting 6 1/2 years to be able to say we're going to watch Widnes Vikings play a Super League game - I know that probably means nothing to any of you but it makes me the happiest kitten in the playpen. I'd rather it wasn't going to be minus temperatures but you can't have everything!

Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Wrap up warm and enjoy your moment alec!

Quiet morning then got to take DD to the hospital, she's got orthoptic and optometrist appointments today (eyes and stuff! Very Happy ). Then will be a quick whizz back to pick up OH and keep him dosed up on cups of coffee until he has finished his OU essay whilst simultaneously trying to stop DD migrating through to the dining room to 'help' him as she is totally convinced that we both need her undivided attention and assistance when we are trying to study! Considering that attention consists of randomly clouting the keyboard to put letters up on the screen or alternatively trying to turn the computer off whilst pulling Daddy's beard/Mummy's ponytail and trying to gouge an eye or two out - it can be a little distracting to say the least! Never had a moment of jealousy over her little brother but by 'eck does she hate the text books!! Laughing

Bit nippy here but at least the sun is out, it looks lovely!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks stiltwalker, I will. We can't be relegated so whatever happens I'm just going to enjoy every game, all the grounds and those long motorway journeys!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:49 am

well I've spent about 4 hours geting myself worked up and crying due to not being able to find something I need to post out to day to a nice gentleman customer on ebay.

Finally found it where it should have been and I'd already checked twice Shocked

Did it move or did my brain malfunction?

Off to the post office now.

Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi all,

Hoping to have a quiet relaxing day today. We got up early to watch the recording of the match from last night (least said soonest mended). Think we're going to the library and another couple of jobs - need some rabbit litter, go to the post office and things like that. I'm on the look for a new hat so we might go to Fat Face. That's about it. I don't think any decorating is on the cards today.

Have a good day whatever you're up to.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next