homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivational thread!

+9
2boysmum
dolly blue
marciared
Bitsy Beans
PurpleIvy
knitmylife
flibsey
alec eiffel
MrsH
13 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Motivational thread! - Page 7 Empty Re: Motivational thread!

Post  MrsH Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:18 am

Got all my jobs done yesterday Very Happy Been having a lazy one today, as DD was up AGAIN in the night, grrrr, all this sleep deprivation and no newborn to show for it yet! DH is working lates this week so had to let him sleep a while this morning, but when he got up, I went for a bath, chilled in there for 20 minutes and promptly fell asleep on the bed afterwards Embarassed He left me for 2 hours and it really has done me good. This afternoon, have to wash up and wipe sides in the kitchen, hoover through, sort some more washing, put a pasta bake in the oven for tea, and I might just leave it at that for today.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:33 am

Glad he left you to make the most of your unplanned nap.

I went through my wardrobe and didn't find anything to get rid of, which I guess is a good thing. Not much else to report today.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Well went through my wardrobe too Alec, just a general tidy up and 1 jacket for the charity bag, can't remember the last time I wore it.
Going to wash the curtains from bedroom today and make a table cloth and a few scatter cushions to fancy it up a bit
Going to treat myself to a new duvet cover and rug when I go shopping.
Well give the beams a good brush down to get rid of any spider houses Embarassed
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Having a bit of a frustrating day already. I'm looking for some frames for 4 posters we have, I can find a nice style and the right size but not both together. And I discovered last night our local framing shop has closed down.

We progressed a little with the house again last night. I think I am only just realising how much work it's going to be to get it into shape. We had a lot of work done on the house but it was all stuff someone else did,, lots of structural work so all we did was pay, no input needed! Here it's all stuff for us to do ourselves and it takes soooooo looooooooong, especially for me who isn't blessed in the concentration department.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:43 am

I've done a bit more sewing today, got some cushion covers ready to sew and found some material to make curtains for DS bedroom, not sure when they will get done need to get Hetty out tomorrow and paperwork so looks like Monday.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Custom made curtains - can't be bad!

We have cracked on again, the two much needed fence panels arrived this morning and we are having our bedroom carpet fitted tomorrow afternoon *yay*. It was the easiest carpet buying experience of my life - no hard sell no messing about. We ended up buying a remnant, pointed it out to the lady, she put a sold sign on it showed us the two types of underlay 8mm for £2 a yard or 10mm for £3 a yard said which do you want, when do you want us to come, do you need us to move the furniture? Pay the guy when you're happy with the job. In and out in a couple of minutes! So fingers crossed it'll be as easy as that tomorrow.

Noticed when we were in what I'll generously describe as a showroom they also do laminate flooring so if they do a good job we'll be back there for the living room floor. Ideally we'd have wooden floors but I have to say we just aren't going to have the cash for it so laminate it must be. Could be worse!

So when the carpet arrives one room will be finished, and I mean properly finished. No making do with something "just for now" everything in there will be exactly as we want it and I have never had a room like that before so I am super duper excited! bounce

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 pm

This morning I have been moving the furniture back into the bedroom. I can't rebuild the bed on my own but I've done the rest. Just have the curtains to put up now but I'm having a cuppa first. Other than that I'm just going to be having a putter about the house today, I need to tidy the pantry, there's laundry to put away and the other bedrooms need to be tidied - had to just stash everything from the main bedroom in there so there are a few bits and bobs out. Think that's all.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Done nothing today, apart from a quick shop in Tesco. Lion King tickets went on sale today in Bristol which my Mum is treating us to so spent ages trying to get tickets on the website. Now I have to go and make a carrot cake for Mums birthday tomorrow. Desperately need to hoover living room and clean up fireplace which has ash all over it.

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 pm

where does the time go?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 am

Too much time online for me, TP lol

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:32 am

ha.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:33 pm

We rebuilt the bed last night as I don't think I could have done it on my own, so I just have to make up the bed and put the bedding back in the end drawer. I have some new gliders for the curtain track coming today or tomorrow so I'll be able to get the curtains up then we can move back in.

Other than that today I have to sort the recycling, stain the new fence panels, do a general tidy about, I think there's a little bit of ironing to do and some laundry then that's it.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:16 pm

loving life wrote:Done nothing today, apart from a quick shop in Tesco. Lion King tickets went on sale today in Bristol which my Mum is treating us to so spent ages trying to get tickets on the website. Now I have to go and make a carrot cake for Mums birthday tomorrow. Desperately need to hoover living room and clean up fireplace which has ash all over it.

Are you from Bristol? If so, Howdy neighbour!

It looks like the weather will be good enough on saturday to go to the car boot that we have been planning since Christmas. The landing and office room are packed with boxes ready to go and can't wait to get rid of it all: 5 large boxes of baby clothes, a scalectrix set, pram, car seat, toys, snooker cue, wicker storage baskets etc.etc....

Once it's all gone we can start to tidy and de-clutter the office properly and re-organize the loft.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:54 pm

lovely and spring like today makes you feel motivated!
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 am

pipling wrote:
loving life wrote:Done nothing today, apart from a quick shop in Tesco. Lion King tickets went on sale today in Bristol which my Mum is treating us to so spent ages trying to get tickets on the website. Now I have to go and make a carrot cake for Mums birthday tomorrow. Desperately need to hoover living room and clean up fireplace which has ash all over it.

It looks like the weather will be good enough on saturday to go to the car boot that we have been planning since Christmas. The landing and office room are packed with boxes ready to go and can't wait to get rid of it all: 5 large boxes of baby clothes, a scalectrix set, pram, car seat, toys, snooker cue, wicker storage baskets etc.etc....

Once it's all gone we can start to tidy and de-clutter the office properly and re-organize the loft.

Hi, yes I'm from Bristol. Which car boot are you doing, didnt think any were on yet?

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 am

loving life wrote:
pipling wrote:

Hi, yes I'm from Bristol. Which car boot are you doing, didnt think any were on yet?

The one at the fruit market St Philips (website here:http://www.bristolcarboot.co.uk/) Its on all year round and they have hard standing with some under cover too. My DH and FIL did one there before Christmas and sold almost everything they took!

I live on the other side of Bristol now, but grew up in South Bristol.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 am

Oh yes, havent been to that one and I'm only up the road in Brislington Mad Think I might go down there on Saturday, I'm on the lookout for a stand food mixer. I usually go to Whitchurch car boot but thats got so busy it puts me off a bit.

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:25 am

loving life wrote:Oh yes, havent been to that one and I'm only up the road in Brislington Mad Think I might go down there on Saturday, I'm on the lookout for a stand food mixer. I usually go to Whitchurch car boot but thats got so busy it puts me off a bit.

So weird, I know Brislington quite well, and I have some family around Brislington/Hengrove/Knowle etc. I grew up in Ashton, but now live in Staple Hill.

pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Sorry to interrupt the Bristol chat!

Today is the usual run round and get everything done before the start of the weekend. I'm going to declutter the airing cupboard too as we seem to have loads of pillows with no cases so some of them can probably go. I'm also going to declutter my craft trolley as I know there's a load of stuff in there that should be elsewhere.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:37 pm

I need to price up the last of the car boot stuff for tomorrow and take out a few bits that, after a bit of ebay reseach, I discovered were worth more if I sell on ebay.

While DH is out tomorrow, I will start to tidy the office, which is going to be a mammoth task.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 pm

pipling wrote:I need to price up the last of the car boot stuff for tomorrow and take out a few bits that, after a bit of ebay reseach, I discovered were worth more if I sell on ebay.

While DH is out tomorrow, I will start to tidy the office, which is going to be a mammoth task.

Excellent news pipling, the ebay potential not the office clearing!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi there homemakers!

Well, I'm now having physio for my pelvis and I have crutches for going out and about, so looking good Wink On the upside, this pregnancy will end in approximately 6 weeks Very Happy

Worked through big jobs yesterday slowly but surely, and glad I did as today I can do lots of sitting and chilling (that does NOT sound like me!) I dusted, polished, antibac-ed light switches and door handles, hoovered and mopped, changed the beds, gave the kitchen a quick once over (need to do the oven properly though), cleaned the bathroom, and did a wash load. Today will be more washing/ drying and hopefully some more baby prep (getting out DD's old clothes and sorting/ washing/ putting in new drawers), although I may not get around to it considering my energy levels right now - I've basically not had a full nights sleep for around a month now, and don't hold out much hope for getting one from here on in Sad All good practice I guess!

DH and I had a lovely M&S meal deal last night; tomato, basil and mozzarella puff pastry doo dah, rosemary potatoes, and raspberry panna cotta for dessert. The even better thing is, DH wasn't keen on any of the desserts so I get panna cotta tonight too Very Happy I got a lovely bottle of rose (dunno how to get the apostrophe type thing!), and have put it away for a treat once 6 weeks is over Very Happy

DH finishes early today so we're off into town for a few bits we need this afternoon.

Have a good day all!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 pm

alec eiffel wrote:
pipling wrote:I need to price up the last of the car boot stuff for tomorrow and take out a few bits that, after a bit of ebay reseach, I discovered were worth more if I sell on ebay.

Excellent news pipling, the ebay potential not the office clearing!

Well the stuff is gone and I haven't ventured into the office yet. I am putting it off as long as possible!

Not much else planned today.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 am

We just tried to fit the new fence but one crushed hand later it's back in the garage! So father is coming up next week sometime to help us. I kind of knew we wouldn't be able to do it as I'm only a shorthouse but you know how it is when you just have to give it a go.

Not done anything big today just getting through some laundry and some basic cleaning. It's great to have some nice weather so I can get the windown open and allow some fresh air in.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 pm

The fence has been up for a week and a bit now and looks fine. Dan's shoulder has recovered so hopefully we can finish painting the stairwell this weekend then we'll be closer to removing the carpet (I'm obsessed with that). Then we can make a start on the living area. Can't wait.

I've got into the swing of a good routine the last little while, enjoying cooking again and have even ironed twice this week! yesterday I decluttered and organised a couple of things that were really annoying me. Cleared out under the 3rd bed and landing cupboard. The top section of the cupboard now houses Dan's work stuff - they've moved office and now is a "mobile worker" so there's a fair bit of stuff to stash. I've put all the stationery in there too, it makes sense.

I've put all the board games that were in the landing cupboard under the 3rd bed, accessible but out of the way. I also found the Christmas cards and tags I bought in the sales plus a really nice box to store them in, they're stashed in the sideboard so I won't forget! Doesn't sound like much but it should make things much easier!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next