homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition

+8
PurpleIvy
flibsey
Aisles
stiltwalker
mesh
pipling
TP
alec eiffel
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition - Page 2 Empty Re: What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition

Post  pipling Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Flibsey - glad your DD is better

We were up early at 7am today. DD was talking to me quite happily when she woke up and then was sick, then carried on talking! Shocked whilst I was running around getting bowls and stripping of her clothes & bedding, she was laughing as if nothing had happened!
She is going to her grandparents for the day today, so will warn them, just in case.

I am going to our local shops today:
The fabric shop to buy an oilskin tablecloth to protect our new table from grubby fingers and paint/crayons.
Hairdressers to get my hair cut. (if they can fit me in)
Pick up DD's magazine from the newsagents
Buy thank you cards for DDs to send to famly for her Christmas presents.
Get something nice for my lunch.

Tea will be breast of lamb cooked in onions (recipe from "The Good Cook" book)
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition - Page 2 Empty Re: What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition

Post  Aisles Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Swept up the mess the Dog made of the box he was given to play with, it was ripped up into hundreds of pieces all over my living room hallway and kitchen floor Shocked

Done one load of washing up now my hands are sore so DH will have to do the other load.

Done one load of washing and hung it up to dry just have to put in a Black wash now.

I have to put the finishing touches to a crochet, padded and lined Kindle Case

I have the Tunisian crochet Kindle Case to complete.

Down load photo's from camera to pc then up load to photobucket.

I had planned to do a bit of garden tidy of the headge in the front garden however it's raining.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 pm

well I have hoovered up downstairs already and will do upstairs later. Will have breakfast and cycle into town and collect xmas pressie from boots and new glasses, have a nosey round the CS and a quick pit stop in Mr Ts for some veggies and then back home to cook chicken and leak pie and lasagne. Was suppose to meet up with a mate but shes disbled and isnt feeling too good so will call her for a quick chat and make sure shes ok later on.

other than that, nuffink, a nice easy day really.

mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:58 pm

MIL taking us out for lunch at DD's favourite Italian! She's going to get OH some boots or his birthday tomorrow and l'm going to pop into the fent shop to see what they have in the way of bits that might be suitable for my patchwork. Getting really into it now. Won't be getting much as going up to my parents next week and I shall be able to raid my mum's stash!!! Very Happy Very Happy
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:49 pm

I am off to a funeral this afternoon then the wake. pale What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition - Page 2 2853251097 What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition - Page 2 2853251097

I have been into town this morning doing a few errands and a bit of shopping. Washing was on the line as soon as i could. Not a bad day and hoping it will dry before i have to take it in to go out.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:15 am

TP - I hope the funeral goes well.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm

A quiet day planned here today.

DD is still poorly, although she seems brighter now, she was waking up every 30 minutes all night so she is really tired now.
I have let her stay in her pajamas today and we are going to snuggle up on the sofa, watch tv and read some books together.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:04 am

aww poor thing Sad I hope she starts feeling better soon.

I have just had some leftover cold lunch, cold goats cheese quiche, roast potatoes, savory cabbage, broccilli and carrots.

I've been out this morning pruning a small back garden for a elderly friend. I will go back tomorrow after lunch to do the same for her front garden.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:32 am

pipling wrote:TP - I hope the funeral goes well.
sad pale Sad but all went smoothly. Ive been into town this morning for some shopping nothing much else planned.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 am

today I vowed to do nothing. and almost succeeded. except I made myself a knitting needle roll for my DPNs. but i did that while watching tv on my laptop.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 pm

today (thursday) I'm chilling until I have to pick sophie up from school, take her to the dr's, drop her back at school, go into town, pay the deposit for her birthday party to the bowling alley, pick up some bread and some quorn mince from holland and barret (gonna try wholemeal gluten free bread and see if my stomach can take that instead of standard wholemeal, which it can't cope with), get some boots shaper's chocolate bars (mint with dark choc are dairy free) and 2 spray bottles, 1 for making my own FryLite style spray, 1 for having salad dressing in. oh, and a jar of diet mayo. I then need to pick soph up from school, come home, do literacy homework, read with her, play with her, make dinner before jim has to get ready for karate at 6pm. once he's gone it's bath and bed for sophie, and I can then sit down and make her a pirate's outfit for tomorrow's pirate day at school, and write out her birthday party invitations.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 am

been doing voluntary work this morning. We had a disscusion group. Went into town after that and now home.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 am

I'm kinda cold and shattered now curled up on the sofa.

I had was teaching Arts and Crafts this morning so went out at 9.30am.

I then ate an egg and spinach sarnie for my lunch, changed my clothe's and walked around the corner to spend 3.5hours gardening for an elderly friend.

Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:12 pm

not much today housework and stuff. A few things to get from the shop. Badminton tonight. Colder today.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 pm

I was having a pretty crappy day, the car is officially dead as a doornail, but james has found a much cheaper car to go buy as a stop gap. cheaper to run, more efficient on fuel, cheaper to own with road tax etc, and it's a hatchback.
while he went out to the bank to draw out cash to buy it with, I was cleaning. two letters dropped through the door. they're both invitations to bid on properties from the council! both nearly £400 per month cheaper han our house we're in now, both ours for as long as we need them, both well maintained.
one is in an excellent area with free parking and potentially a balcony, but is 1.6 miles from sophie's school. the other is in a crappier area, no outside space at all, permit parking but is near sophie's school. I'd rather potentially have to walk 6 miles a day for 5 days of the months (jim's shifts mean for the rest he'd take her by car) than live in the slightly bigger flat lol.

it's wonderful. we've been on the list since may 2011. the house we live in is destroying my soul, and the landlord is an utter crook.

I know we might not get the flat, but these offers mean we're going to get more offers. we're probably going to take the new car and have a gander at the outside of the one we want to bid on later on Smile

£4k pa less in rent. £360pa less in council tax at least. potential for eventually having a deposit to buy somewhere else.

the system DOES work. it's just slow.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Fingers crossed with finding a property flibsey, hope you get something that suits you soon.

I am a happy kitten this morning as my new stash of fabric has just plopped through the letterbox! So it looks like this afternoon is going to involve a lot of cutting. Today I've just been puttering round the house, dragged the broken bits of fence into the garage from the lawn amongst other household stuff. This afternoon I'm going to empty the pantry so I can paint it this weekend.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:26 am

That's fantastic flibsey, good luck - at least you can feel there may be light at the end of the tunnel!

Taken the kids swimming today, DD had her new inflatable vest on (she absolutely refuses armbands full stop) and it gave her so much confidence - she even really enjoyed the waves. DS is a natural in the water but DD finds the whole thing a lot more disconcerting so really proud of how well she's doing. Think she's going to be achey later though. Sad

Must go sort tea out then it's bath night and will be doing some more of my patchwork tonight.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:42 am

That's quite a nice bit of good news Flibsey, so hoping some of it comes to fruition. Do you make socks with your DPNs? I don't have case for mine yet, so they're all over the place!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:47 am

We went to ASDA this morning to get just a few bits - ending up spending over £100 Shocked . They have their baby event on at the minute, so I stocked up on bath stuff, snacks, wipes etc. and also got a bed guard for when DD goes into her "big girl bed" Smile
Also got some 'whoopsied' ready meals to add to the freezer and DH bought loads of books, so that should keep him busy!

Then we went to Hobbycraft and got some craft bits for DD (and me Embarassed )

Finished reading my book (Michael McIntyre's biography) and started a new book.

DD and I bathed the dog just now - the dog was not happy!

Don't have much else planned for today, just relaxing and keeping warm indoors.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:23 am

I'm about to do a wee bit of knitting as I have a blanket to finish before the end of march.

I have 2 kindle case's to finish

I still have to up load some photo' as well
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Today I'm going to be painting the pantry. Made a start yesterday and have to do the woodwork today. That's about it I think. It's quite cold but dry so I'm doing some laundry and hopefully that will dry - if not outside then inside, the heating will be on all day so I might as well make the most of it. I have a couple of library books to putter through and make a note of any information I want. If there's time I'll cut out some more pieces for my next quilt, might not get to that though.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:27 pm

When I get started I'm going to work at home.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 pm

im decluttering at the moment having a good time. Not much else just keeping warm.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 pm

That's a very 'cleansing' feeling, isn't it?
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:03 pm

yes. Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next