homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans for 2012

+3
knitmylife
TP
alec eiffel
7 posters

Go down

Plans for 2012 Empty Plans for 2012

Post  alec eiffel Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:07 pm

I know lots of people don't like New Year resolutions but is anyone making them or do you have any plans for the coming year? Either big events or things you're going to do?

My resolution is to buy less - do more. We have more than enough "stuff" and it's all about getting out there and making the most of the beach, the environment, spending time with people, exercising and things like that and not thinking about money all the time. We live in a different way to how we used to in the old house - some things are more accessible, some are cheaper, lots are more expensive and I need to jiggle my relationship with things a bit more and settle in more.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Plans for 2012 Empty Re: Plans for 2012

Post  TP Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:04 pm

booking our flights today for March i hope
Going to see blood brothers in March at theatre and Birds of a Feather in May.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:39 pm

my plan for 2012 is to knit my way through the mountain of wool that i have taking over my house.

we have a holiday booked for august and would like to try and get a weekend break away in october too.

will work until july full time and if funds allow will drop at least one day come september maybe two. this will depend on the young lady i work with and her needs. i will of course put her first and if it is deemed necessary that i continue to work full time to support her then i will. she is lovely.

other than that i plan to become debt free once and for all. im sick of constantly paying out half my wages in credit card bills. its so last year.

health and happiness to all x
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:01 am

Happy New Year.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 am

Plans for the new year, travel more in camper van, finish decluttering the house(almost done, think I've filled a skip this year)
Get the scaffold up to paint bedroom windows and repaint front of house.
Get in a routine of food shopping for two and just buying the extras when the kids come home.
label everything that gets put in the freezer!! no more mystery pies Laughing
Try to be organized and in a routine.
Happy new year everyone
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:41 am

I have been one of those organised individuals for the bulk of my adult life and next year, I am going to go along with the flow more. Have made a couple of loose arrangements like visit somewhere in Spain in March and camping in the dales sometime in june/july and bike down to the south coast somewhere and stay b&b and thats about it.

Like others, I have so much craft stuff to get along with and I am still looking for a yoga teacher Smile

cant think of anything else that gets me going at the mo....... am happy with this.......
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Got a busy year coming up! I'm already part way through one OU module and got another starting at the end of the month. OH and I are also planning on getting married in October so will have that to organise (although will be a simple do). DD is making good progress but have all sorts to organise with regard to her continuing care, about to have a big row with her paediatrician about how useless she is and to request a different one! DS is now 7 months and doing well, he's rolling all over the place and feel sure it can't be long until he's properly on the move.

So guess my resolution for this year is going to have to be to be more organised!!!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:30 am

hows everyone getting on with the plans.

We are off on holiday later in the month. Plans for 2012 2873396784

We are going to see Blood brothers at the theatre which I am looking forward too on Monday night. Very Happy

Going to see Birds of a Feather at the theatre in May. Plans for 2012 300268043

Looking forward to the summer, the olympics and the extra day for the jubilee. Plans for 2012 300268043
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:51 am

Camper van on the road this weekend, gave it a spring clean today will put bedding in tomorrow Smile
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:16 am

all good here. have had one lovely weekend away already and another one due at the end of March.

have another plan now to start overpaying the mortgage from April onwards in order to pay it off early.

apart from that work work work xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:07 am

dolly blue wrote:Camper van on the road this weekend, gave it a spring clean today will put bedding in tomorrow Smile

I'd love a camper van, am well jealous Very Happy

Our main plans were to have conservatory which is shaping up nicely.
My other main plans are to redecorate house, painting and some regrouting. This will be put on back burner til DD starts reception in September so house will be child free for most of the day. Be easier than trying to find people to mind the kids and keep them out of the house. Well thats the plan anyway Laughing
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:38 am

No further on with the wedding plans but the paediatrician has started being good, DD has been awarded the DLA she ought to be, she's registered at nursery for September and they are making plans to put in place any adaptations she needs. Our lovely inclusion officer is organising a Caf to get a 6 month plan put in place and co-ordinate her ongoing care. I'm averaging about 75% on both OU courses and I'm a week ad a half ahead with work on each so guess that will satisfy the being organised resolution! Laughing

We're off on holiday, thanks to some respite funding, on Monday. Plans for 2012 2873396784

Wedding plans next - have decided on the style of my dress will need to decide now whether I want to make it or whether I will let my mum have the honour (again Embarassed she made me a beautiful dress for my first wedding, in fact it was the best thing about the whole thing!!)
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down