homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition

+8
PurpleIvy
flibsey
Aisles
stiltwalker
mesh
pipling
TP
alec eiffel
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition Empty What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition

Post  alec eiffel Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm not up to much today. I have to take the library books back at the weekend so I'm getting through them and I am puttering my way through another couple of books - just general decorating, organising and all that type of thing.

Erm, have done the housework for today, have to keep an eye on one of the buns as she's not too well. Then this evening we're going to watch the ski jumping and football on tv. Nice and relaxing.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition Empty Re: What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition

Post  TP Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 pm

going into town, got some ironing to do and tidying. Football tonight on Sky. Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition Empty Re: What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition

Post  alec eiffel Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Really looking forward to the match, should be a good one (plus I have loads of interest in my Fantasy Football team too!). We watched City v L'pool last night too. Gooooodness, Liverpool were not great, you can't rely on anyone to do you a favour!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 pm

To-do-list for today:

2 x loads of clothes washing and tumble drying
Make coq au vin for tea (recipe from my new "The good cook" recipe book that I got for Xmas)
I might make a loaf of bread too if I have time I can be bothered Embarassed
Rest my sore legs after a very busy and stressful day yesterday, I went to a funeral - what a way to start the year Sad
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:01 pm

ive got one to go to next week horrible business.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Sorry to hear that Pipling, hope everything went ok.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Yes thank you, in fact is was the most "pleasant" funeral I have every been to (if you can say that!).
It was my Aunt who led the most remarkable life filled to the brim with experiences that you would not believe. She was also one of very few people who celebrated over 60 years of surviving after breast cancer - being one of the first people to receive revolutionary "radiation treatment" in the 1940's!

She had 2 very successful careers, gained her degree in her 40's. And when she retired from her 2nd career as a deputy head teacher she dedicated her life to volunteering at a hospice, looking after my elderly grandmother and being chair of several charities, book and poetry groups etc. Organizing charity funraising events... believe me I could go on for some time with this list as she was a truly inspirational person.

So her funeral was to be a celebration. In fact her funeral shouldn't have happened at all as she had left her body to medical science, but due to the fact she had Parkinsons, the university refused to take her body. However she had a "plan B" in case that happened and the funeral was a "joyful" event that she wanted.

RIP, my wonderful aunt K.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Cycles into town and was pooped! met friend and she bought breakfasts, had a good old natter then went for a mouch round the charity shops and bought..... nuffink! cycled home and have got ironing and a bit of housework upstairs to do and prepare tea. easy day really...... Laughing
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Wow pipling - what a woman!

Got a friend and her son coming for a visit this afternoon so just made some cheese scones. Then need to do another chunk of my essay, got to 1150 words last night (out of 2000) so getting there. If I can make a good effort then I can go out to lunch tomorrow with the kids and my parents - if not they are going to take the kids out so I can get it done! Hmmm lunch out or write essay??? Guess I've got a good incentive to get my head down later! If you see me on here this evening kick my derriere!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 am

mmmmm cheese scones very nice Very Happy

All the best with the essay.

I've completed a survey on book buying this morning.

Made sure my accounts are up to date

Done one load of washing

Walked Garrett on his lead around the estate

Done some research on the dimensions of Iphone's, Blackberries and Kindles.

Taken one telephone order for a Crocheted and lined Iphone S4 case.

DH is in bed with man flu

Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 am

itching and directing husband on what to do.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm

its son's birthday today. What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 3545360127 i am off to voluntary work soon first one back after Xmas.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Some housework
Another load of washing
then I have to make a start on the order I received yesterday.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:35 am

Got my essay almost finished last night, just a couple of sentences to tweak and a final check before I submit it later tonight so I was allowed to go out for lunch with my parents and the kids. Went to DD's favourite Italian in town and had a lovely lunch, DS sat in the high chair and had some of my lunch and seemed to enjoy the place as much as his sister! They love my DD in that place as she enjoys her food so enthusiastically and it's run by a proper Italian family so there's the whole Italian love of bambinos too, by today's performance DS is going to be just as popular!

Picked up that new art of quilting mag in smiths when we were in town as it's something I've always fancied trying and it was only 99p. Might subscribe for a bit to get me started (and get all the free gifts Laughing ) but it looks like an expensive way to do a big quilt if you get all 90 issues!!! pale
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 am

It will be expensive I know how these mags work 99p at first then they get more and more expensive and the issuse's won't be in the ordered require to make thier quilt.

By the looks of the size of the quilt and the pieces they supply it will take forever. Sad

But if you've not done any before a few copies should be useful but for the best guide I'd do the inexpensive route and look at quilting and patchwork tutorials on the internet, use your local library for referrence books, and try contacting a local quilting/patchwork group either via the adult education system or via a local haberdasery shop if you have one.

All the best with it if you require any help speak up and we'll assist where we can.

Also you should find this link very usefull http://www.thesewingforum.co.uk/
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:23 am

That's the plan, the directions are really clear and I've worked out that by the time I've had a free quilting ruler, scissors, rotary cutter and pins plus directions and practice fabrics for 10 or a dozen different different squares I'll be well set up and I'll cancel it. If I just get a book out of the library I'll have no incentive to get on with it, not having spent anything IYSWIM? Very Happy
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:19 am

Busy day in the pipling household today:

-We were all up at 6.30am, DH had a 7am Skype interview with a company in Singapore Shocked . its looking promising that he may *fingers and toes crossed* get the job (its his 3rd interview for this job and they seem VERY keen).

-We then met my FIL in Ikea to help us load furniture into both our cars. we bought a storage unit for DD's toys and craft stuff and a new dining table and chairs.

-Dining table and chairs are currently being put together by Dh with a little help from 2 year old DD Very Happy

-Having a thoroughly deserved takaway for tea!
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm

today (8/1/12) I'll be mostly knitting. I'm doing L'Agneau Pleure ("crying lamb") for dinner which everyone loves. you layer potatoes and onion in the bottom of a roasting tray then lay a big hunk of meat on the top. you can stud the meat with stuff like herbs etc. then roast as you would normally. the juices from th meat go into the potatoes, the onions soften etc. omnomnom.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Well made my first patchwork work block last night, really pleased with he result. Will have a root in my fabrics later to see what else I can use to do some more. Waiting for 12 so I can do a Jan sale order from mad about cards as they are doing free postage from 12 til 10 tonight and I'm going to get some die cutting blocks to go with my birthday pressie!

Going to take the kids swimming after lunch.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:20 am

DH went to the recycling centre this morning and took the extra Christmas rubbish ie. wrapping paper, toy packaging and LOTS of cardboard boxes. As well as an old breadmaker and bulky "stuff" from the garage.

We treated ourselves to Takeaway from our local Harvester restaurant, never had a takeaway from there before but is was quite nice. And it meant I didn't have to cook sunday lunch Very Happy (I really must go back onto my diet on Monday Embarassed )

I have started filling DD's new toy storage unit, so the house looks a little less like a branch of Toys R us/Early leaning centre than it did.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Housework stuff today nothing exciting.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Just housework stuff here too TP.

I started using my "housework book" again to give me the push I need to get back into the swing of things. Its just a notebook with a page for each day which I fill with tasks to accomplish that day, however small they may be ie. empty bin, wash sheets, empty dishwasher etc. and then tick off the tasks as I go
What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 2853251097 What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 2961018439

I have also found my 2012 calendar and filled in the birthdays and appointments for the year.

Had a flick through some magazines I got from my MIL with a cup of coffee.

Next job is getting DD her lunch...

EDIT: I got on the scales this morning, I managed to gain almost 7lbs in 3 weeks over christmas Shocked - diet starts today Smile
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 am

DD been to group this morning, first one back after the hols so think she'll be jiggered for the rest of the day. DS sat at the table with the rest of them and had a bit of biscuit - he's growing up so fast. Did my first block of patchwork from my magazine at the weekend and was suprised how easy it was so dug out some bits and doing some more. CBA to get my machine out so been doing it by hand and it's very relaxing.

Have the tesco order to tweak for tomorow now this weeks offers are on the website and tea to make and tht's about it.

Have a good day all. Very Happy
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:02 am

pipling wrote:Just housework stuff here too TP.

I started using my "housework book" again to give me the push I need to get back into the swing of things. Its just a notebook with a page for each day which I fill with tasks to accomplish that day, however small they may be ie. empty bin, wash sheets, empty dishwasher etc. and then tick off the tasks as I go
What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 2853251097 What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 2961018439

I have also found my 2012 calendar and filled in the birthdays and appointments for the year.

Had a flick through some magazines I got from my MIL with a cup of coffee.

Next job is getting DD her lunch...

EDIT: I got on the scales this morning, I managed to gain almost 7lbs in 3 weeks over christmas Shocked - diet starts today Smile

can be abit scary getting on the scales after a holiday or Christmas cant it?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:06 am

sophie was back at school today. she was back last thursday, but thursday night she ran a massive temperature and was up almost all night. she gets constipation occasionally despite a good diet, doesn't tell me she's not "been" and then ends up so blocked up (sorry!) she either runs a temperature until it clears, or has vomiting too. thankfully it cleared before vomiting set in. so she was off on friday. by 11am the orange juice and brown sugar had worked their magic, cleared her through and her temperature had gone, but she was so tired there was no point in going in for a couple of hours.
so she went back today, we had a massive tantrum this morning over getting dressed but I am hoping it'll not happen again tomorrow. she's got story telling club after school today so I am hoping she ate her lunch; school dinner of jacket potato, beans and cheese to keep her going properly.
so this morning I was round my friend's house having our usual monday morning cuppa (she lives beside the school). then it was back home for What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 2853251097 What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 783247815 What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 1849994756 What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 2961018439 What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 1472570176 What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 2948976692
and now I'm kind of What Are You Doing Today? January 2012 edition 3561616626 because jim's asleep (he's on nights), and I can't start dinner until later because it's not really reheatable.

and that's just reminded me, I need to go scrub the loo. the blue goop should have done it's job by now!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next