homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weight Loss Thread

+15
Teresa
Bitsy Beans
taurusgb
Gien
2boysmum
Rosie
fuddle
cat_smith
PurpleIvy
lollyfin
TP
Admin
wendy
alec eiffel
froogs
19 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Weight Loss Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Post  alec eiffel Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:26 pm

How are you getting on PI?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm

I've been keeping up with the exercise and really enjoying it. Cycled 10 miles on my exercise bike yesterday which took just over 45 minutes. I wanted to do it in 45 but there you go, something to aim for next time round. I'll be doing weights today, then a low resistance cycle tomorrow and I have the weekend as "active rest" days.

Hope you're all doing well if there's anyone out there Laughing

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 pm

I probably put a few pounds on, on holiday.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:57 pm

TP wrote:I probably put a few pounds on, on holiday.

That's a sign that the food was good then!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 pm

My husband and I are starting diets today, really have to stick to it this time.
I am too scared to get on the scales pale
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 pm

pipling wrote:My husband and I are starting diets today, really have to stick to it this time.
I am too scared to get on the scales pale

Don't worry about it. It's a starting point, not a judgement.

What you have or haven't done in the past isn't something to beat yourself up about, it is what it is and you've started to make changes. Look forward to swapping tips and hearing about how you both get on The Weight Loss Thread - Page 10 2873396784

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:40 pm

alec - aww thank you. I have tried every diet going (weight watchers, slimming world, low carb/atkins, slim fast, counting calories etc.) And I lost quite a bit of weight after DD was born and kept it off until last christmas when it crept back up again.

In the last 10 years I have weighed between 10st and 16st 7lbs and now I am somewhere inbetween (but creeping ever nearer to the top end again!)
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:04 pm

I understand. In 1998 I weighed less than 8 stone, buy 2003 I weighed nearly 13 stone. and I don't even have the excuse of having children! It was all down to lifestyle change. I got back down to 8st 2lbs but without much exercise so I was too skinny. I'm now just under 9st, much of the extra weight is down to having some muscles instead of being skinny-fat.

I always thought people were making it up when they said keeping it off was the hardest but now I know it's true! I don't know if you feel the same but when I was losing weight it was easy to not have a bit of cake or a hot chocolate or whatever it was because I was losing weight and people more or less respected that (let's not get on to families right now though Very Happy ). But when I got to the goal weight it was so hard to say no because of the "oh, you're becoming anorexic" "you're too thin" " you're obsessed" type comments (I wasn't that thin believe me) so the extras starting coming back and a about half a stone went on. That's where I am now.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 pm

alec eiffel wrote:! I don't know if you feel the same but when I was losing weight it was easy to not have a bit of cake or a hot chocolate or whatever it was because I was losing weight and people more or less respected that (let's not get on to families right now though Very Happy ).

I so know what you mean (and I agree to not start on families, but lets just say some people have more "issues" with my weight than I do Rolling Eyes )

When I got down to my lowest weight I never thought I would ever put it back on, I worked too damn hard to ruin it. But it was the odd cake, which turned into the odd takeaway, which became the junk food habit I have now!

pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Yep, you can sleepwalk into a gain but it's hard to sleepwalk back out!

What's your plan of action? Are you just cutting down on the cakes and takeaways or doing something more structured?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:07 pm

ive been on a diet since Friday going well. Cutting down and eating cracker bread etc.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:12 pm

TP wrote:ive been on a diet since Friday going well. Cutting down and eating cracker bread etc.

How are you finding it?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 am

Think I had better join in this thread as got STONES to lose not pounds and started a week ago. I have joined myfitnesspal and am surprised to find that I can eat more calories than I thought and am not hungry and having a sneak go on the scales before my first week weight in (which is tomorrow) am pleased to see I have lost weight. I have always battled with my weight and had some large weight losses (9 stone) but unfortunately put a lot back on again as I was always hungry doing it before. I can't do much exercise as I have some health issues but am daily walking and I have a pilates machine gathering dust in the corner of the conservatory so will be getting that out.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:13 am

alec eiffel wrote:
TP wrote:ive been on a diet since Friday going well. Cutting down and eating cracker bread etc.

How are you finding it?

yep so far so good.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 am

I definetely agree that keeping it off is hard its like a whole lifestyle change and change of thinking. I did the slimfast and lost loads of weight thought this is bloody good but as soon as i gave it up the weight went back on you cant live on sf can you?

This time im just going to try eating a bit less and cut down on the sweet stuff i think thats the way to go not sure you need to go on any special diets just cut down and exercise.

Its a nightmare though weight i wonder if there is any woman that dosent worry about it oh and the thing i hate about weight going up and down is your bra size keeps changing does that annoy anyone else?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:52 pm

It was being fat then losing lots of weight that lead to my bra buying issues! When I was fat I could buy a bra from anywhere, now I'm slim it's difficult.

Welcome aboard bildanto!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Think I'm losing a few pounds this week but really don't recommend the method - I had 2 wisdom teeth out on Monday and I'm really struggling to open my mouth wide enough to put anything in it! Fortunately they were at least on the same side so I do have teeth to chew on if I can get any food in!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 pm

good way to lose weight not be able to open your mouth.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Yikes, hope you have a fully functioning mouth again soon sw.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:48 pm

alec eiffel wrote:

What's your plan of action? Are you just cutting down on the cakes and takeaways or doing something more structured?

I'm just cutting down. At the end of last week I plucked up the courage to get on the scales and was shocked at what I saw, so my plan is to gradually cut things down and cut certain things out completely over time.

First week I have:
- Stopped having milk from my hot drinks (I will happily drink black coffee and tea so not much hardship there!)
- Cut down on all meal sizes
- halve the meat and up the amount of vegetables in main meals.
- Stop having takeaways
- No more trips to the bakery for pastries and cakes.

And it seems to have worked as I have lost 2lbs Very Happy
I don't feel like I have been dieting at all, as not much has been "forbidden", I'm just eating smaller amounts.

Last edited by pipling on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:02 pm

TP wrote: I did the slimfast and lost loads of weight thought this is bloody good but as soon as i gave it up the weight went back on you cant live on sf can you?

I did Atkins after I had already lost loads of weight but was stuck at just under 11 stones, and I could not lose any more, no matter how much I tried.
I did Atkins for about 2 weeks and the weight fell off me - I lost a further 10lbs . But I felt so ill, lethargic and I also kept getting heart palpatations worringly Shocked
Pretty much as soon as I stopped Atkins and started eating carbs again, the weight went back on.

So I try to stick to less drastic ways of weight loss now.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 pm

me to as i said just cutting down.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Well done pipling!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:40 pm

As I mentioned on the motivational thread I sorted out all my old photos last week and I learned something. 15 years ago when I didn't think twice about my weight, the size of my bum or whether I was muscley or not and was just doing my thing, happy with having a body that did what I wanted it to I didn't look half as good as I do now!

Now I have half a mind on my food intake, my stomach and how big my biceps are and in comparison I look great! Lesson learned there I think The Weight Loss Thread - Page 10 2873396784

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

The Weight Loss Thread - Page 10 Empty MIA

Post  PurpleIvy Thu May 17, 2012 2:16 am

alec eiffel wrote:How are you getting on PI?

Oh dear, it's a long time since I was here....and going to be missing again as I'm going on holiday on Friday for 3 weeks.

I went to the USA for 8 days in February and didn't put on weight! How did that happen? I was on my feet a lot as it was a sewing course I went for. I haven't lost any weight since then really, just going up and down within the same kg or 2. I can't seem to maintain effort for more than a day or two at a time. I've lost a total of about 8kg. I'm quite pleased with that. But cross that I've been messing around and not getting anywhere.

How are you Alex?

WIll have to pootle round here and see how everyone is doing.

PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next