homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ideas on how to expand this forum?

+15
marciared
Anne
fuddle
alec eiffel
Rosie
lollyfin
life_in_termoil
Admin
froogs
helen jelly
Bitsy Beans
wendy
juliapenguin
knitmylife
TP
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ideas on how to expand this forum? - Page 3 Empty Re: ideas on how to expand this forum?

Post  TP Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:00 pm

I had some free cute cards made up 10 in total with the forum address on? Wonder where i could put them? Wink
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

ideas on how to expand this forum? - Page 3 Empty Re: ideas on how to expand this forum?

Post  alec eiffel Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm

TP wrote:I had some free cute cards made up 10 in total with the forum address on? Wonder where i could put them? Wink

Is there a notice board at a surestart or leisure centre? That might be a good place. If they're pinned up somewhere they're less likely to be picked up and taken away so more people could see them.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 pm

I don't know how you feel about expanding the forum TP but was looking at this american housewife forum http://www.happyhousewivesclub.com/forums/ it's a bit 'busy' asthetically. What do you all think? Do we need to expand or it it just fine and dandy as it is?
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 pm

froogs wrote:I don't know how you feel about expanding the forum TP but was looking at this american housewife forum http://www.happyhousewivesclub.com/forums/ it's a bit 'busy' asthetically. What do you all think? Do we need to expand or it it just fine and dandy as it is?

MY POOR EYES!!!

I love her housewiffery outfit. Looks like a good site, lots of good sections.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:09 pm

alec eiffel wrote:
froogs wrote:I don't know how you feel about expanding the forum TP but was looking at this american housewife forum http://www.happyhousewivesclub.com/forums/ it's a bit 'busy' asthetically. What do you all think? Do we need to expand or it it just fine and dandy as it is?

MY POOR EYES!!!

I love her housewiffery outfit. Looks like a good site, lots of good sections.

It is isn't it!

I like the blurb for the In-Laws section "Or, in some cases "Out-Laws". Chat about them here!" Razz
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:20 pm

I would have to say though, there's not much there that we don't already talk about, the only difference I can really see is a whole load of yellow, scantily clad ladies and giving things jaunty titles. But I do like the housey, lady, family sections. Maybe more adjectives would help, as someone who reads loads of blogs adjectives and instagram seem to be the only difference between a successful one that gets a book deal and someone just talking about their life for the sake of it.

*wanders back to the soapbox*

eta I say this as a compliment to what we're doing here, not to be negative about the other site!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I think we are ok as we are atm it can obviously always be reviewed over time. I am aware we dont have a section for gardening and gardens etc but can always add that. Very Happy I dont want too many forums as the forum then becomes too large to navigate round and if people dont post in them then they can look empty and put newbies off perhaps.

I like the way we are different and we are small with not too many sections. I like the way we have a personal diary section and i dont think i have seen that anywhere else. Wink I like the way we cater for everyone at home and not just parents. There are so many parenting forums and some of them are so large. This a forum anyone can come too regardless of being a parent or not.

All we need to do is to try and attract some new members from time to time and spread the word. I am doing this already and I am sure you all are. I think we have done really well and we have been going 5 weeks tomorrow so not bad.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Hmm, yes,I agree with you TP. If there was, for example, a parenting/family section I wouldn't read it because I have no children but it's nice to read about it when people talk about what their children are upto in the general threads. You seem to know what's good for us though so if it looked like a home and garden section was needed I guess you'd just do it. I like us all being lumped together - childfree, people with grown up children, grandparents, people with children at home. Means we all mix together and can read something we might miss out on otherwise.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:47 pm

am i right in thinking that nobody has posted in that forum mentioned for a while.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Some of the folders have recent posts, including today, lots don't...

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 pm

google likes us ha. Its keeps visiting.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:49 am

Wow 5 weeks old Very Happy
I have been addicted for a while ideas on how to expand this forum? - Page 3 2873396784
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:29 am

yay ideas on how to expand this forum? - Page 3 300268043
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Can't believe I didn't know any of you 5 weeks ago. Love it bounce

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:13 am

If this forum does expand I hope it stays as friendly as it is now. I have never seen such a friendly forum. I used to go on a large parenting site when my daughter was a teenager and it was huge, nobody really knew each other or cared, and there was so much arguing and needed full time moderation.

This has been a wonderful idea.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:47 am

i know marcia its so friendly here i really love it
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 am

I think its a good idea to try also and appeal to people who are not at home but would like to be, and I like the change to the forum title. There must be questions they have. I am not sure how you find them though.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:45 pm

This forum really needs members to join in and post more. Wink and start chat threads. Some of our regular posters have vanished not sure why? Sad Sad

This is a one stop shop for everyone at home or who wants to be at home so please everyone join in.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  appletree Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:03 am

I know I haven't been posting long but I did lurk for a long time. I like it here, its small, intimate & friendly. I did used to have a nosey on MSE but to be honest didn't like it as its so big and found it intimidating Embarassed plus people like having a pop at each other over there. Will try and post more (though am on holiday this week & is 1st time got laptop out!)
appletree
appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:19 am

I agree. I dont think i have ever started a post so i shall think of one.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:52 am

Wow, blue!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:11 am

hope you like it. No harm to have a change now and again.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:16 am

I'm sure I'll get used to it! Thanks.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:45 am

appletree wrote:I know I haven't been posting long but I did lurk for a long time. I like it here, its small, intimate & friendly. I did used to have a nosey on MSE but to be honest didn't like it as its so big and found it intimidating Embarassed plus people like having a pop at each other over there. Will try and post more (though am on holiday this week & is 1st time got laptop out!)

Smile Wink
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next