homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ideas on how to expand this forum?

+15
marciared
Anne
fuddle
alec eiffel
Rosie
lollyfin
life_in_termoil
Admin
froogs
helen jelly
Bitsy Beans
wendy
juliapenguin
knitmylife
TP
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ideas on how to expand this forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: ideas on how to expand this forum?

Post  TP Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 pm

ha ha would never be off the comp, its bad enough as it is lol. Thanks for your point though. I didnt know that.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

ideas on how to expand this forum? - Page 2 Empty Re: ideas on how to expand this forum?

Post  alec eiffel Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Well maybe if a few people wanted to get involved different people could write posts so it's not just one person posting all the time. That way we'd get a variety of views on the subject to keep things fresh. I wouldn't mind doing it. I have some posts from a few years ago that aren't online anywhere that I could revamp and bring up to date and offer up if it was something that might be of use...

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:05 am

ok Wink
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:18 am

Has everyone put it on their facebook page, those who use facebook?
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  fuddle Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:46 am

Please don't change this forum into lots of sections. When forums do that they become impersonal and some people like to hang out in different sections, hovering in the sections that appeal to them the most.

At the minute we are all here and chatting about everything and anything. It's lovely. I know you might have to as it gets bigger and busier.

You could change the section about making money and put those kind of threads in chat with everything else and use that as the diary threads . I would love to have a diary here.
fuddle
fuddle

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:50 am

i know what you mean about having too many sections. I mentioned this in a previous post. I think its ok at the moment cosy as everyone says. I think next week when Bank holiday is over there will be a diary section and as i said nearer the time a Christmas section.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:34 am

there is a diary section now so go post Very Happy Wink
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:34 am

Thanks, if I ever think some something to stick there I will. Look forward to reading what everyone else has to say ☀

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:40 am

me too wonder who will be the first to start Wink Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 am

So much has gone on since I've been away. I'll be back later for a catch up and to start my diary. lol I feel sorry for you all with my drivvly nonsense!
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 am

nah not nonsense im looking forward to reading it.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:29 pm

When should the Christmas section be added?

Ahem, a Christmas giggly buff here who has already begun Embarassed

I blame it on 'having to because I can't afford to do it all in one go' which is true but not really the reason... reason is I love this time of year and a big kid.

So when would you feel comfortable with having a Christmas thread? Early to talk about making and prepping or later on in the autumn when it's more appropriate.

Somebody stop meh! lol
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:27 pm

There was a mention of a gift or something. On another forum I dip into they do secret santas. Not just at Christmas either, they sometimes do a spring time one, or whenever they feel like doing one :-) What happens is everyone interested in taking part says so, and an amount of money is decided on so say for example we would be told to spend say £10 or £5, Whatever seemed a reasonable amount. The names of those interested are drawn against another interested person, and addresses (which are given when you say you want to take part) These are sent to each partner through private message so no one knows the name of the person sending to them. Then within the pressie, we would leave a clue to our identity, a riddle or message, and the person receiving had to guess who it was who was their santa. It was fun :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Has anyone told any of their friends/contacts about this board?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:19 pm

TP wrote:Has anyone told any of their friends/contacts about this board?

Yes, I've told 3 of my friends about it but they haven't turned up!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:42 pm

lol same.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:11 am

Tell people and remind them. It took me a while to sign up.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:43 pm

we finally got listed in google. Razz
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:18 pm

yippee we are on google!
I have told two of my friends that i thought would be interested about here and asked them to tell two others each and so on. If they do that then before we know it everyone will know about us!
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:08 am

i actually havent told my friends cos they all think im sad for chatting to people online - lol plus none of them are homemakers or enjoy crafts, baking books etc.

i dont want them knowing certain things about me.

so im here and welcome others but not people that i know in real life if that makes any sense??? x
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:17 am

yep thats fair enough.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:51 pm

knitmylife wrote:i actually havent told my friends cos they all think im sad for chatting to people online - lol plus none of them are homemakers or enjoy crafts, baking books etc.

i dont want them knowing certain things about me.

so im here and welcome others but not people that i know in real life if that makes any sense??? x

Ikwym, I'm the same. Most of my real life friends are career people who wouldn't be interested in this kind of thing and think I'm a bit flakey! It's nice to have somewhere to talk about this kind of stuff without everyone else sticking their oar in about how work is hard and shops are there so we don't have to make things.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:20 pm

thats fair enough not telling friends if you dont want too, but if there are any other ways that would be good. I think the forum will need to expand its been quiet the last few days but hey ho thats less moderation work.

We have been going 4 weeks today and so far its been very enjoyable. Smile

TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 pm

It is enjoyable! I've added a link to the site from my blog (not that it has much traffic but you never know) and I have told a few internet people. Hopefully now we're on Google we might find a few folks. Early days, the more we chat the more we'll grow. You're doing a grand job!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next