homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself

+68
loving life
bildanto
Pound Shop Pam
Alison Funnell
MumofMany
mollieblogs
karenagain
janethegoose
ruthl2606
bakergirl
Aisles
princessx87
rosesnan
Mazzzy
sunrisecards
susiesoo
hele
PixieDust
MrsH
caledoniaquine
wannaoz
Pippajo
appletree
Teresa
marciared
froogs
Bev@home
SunnyMummy
parsniphead
mancbird
flibsey
PurpleIvy
Chipps
taurusgb
jetbag
Gintotmelinda
mouse scribe
tooties
MrsMoo
kat360
the_cat
Gien
SilverBird
janeym8
fuddle
luciferswench
pipling
dolly blue
Rosie
cat_smith
kimsmum
lollyfin
2boysmum
mesh
Anne
stiltwalker
helen jelly
csarina
Bitsy Beans
knitmylife
life_in_termoil
TattyG
wendy
alec eiffel
juliapenguin
sock-knitter
Red Doe
TP
72 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself - Page 4 Empty Re: Introduce yourself

Post  caledoniaquine Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:43 am

Hi found the forum through mse. I'm married with two daughters both of which are now at school.

caledoniaquine

http://knitandmake.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:51 am

welcome to homemakers. Hope you enjoy it.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi, welcome aboard!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi to all, I'm a SAHM and homemaker.

I have 1 DD aged 3, and another LO on the way, due in April. This pregnancy has had it's complications, and as a result, I'm rather run down lately. I've always been very active, and had a cleaning routine which meant a lot of friends and family would ask how I managed it all along with DD and occasional voluntary work. As a result of pregnancy related illness, I've been admitted to hospital 4 times for a total of around 2 weeks, and spent about 6 weeks on bed rest. This has totally thrown my routine out , and the house, although still relatively clean is basically, well, a mess. I need new storage solutions, and to clear out our spare room ready for baby's arrival. I feel a bit overwhelmed at times, but am trying to be kind to myself.

Sorry about the essay, just wanted to explain thoroughly what I'm doing here really! I love keeping house and looking after my little girl, best job I've ever had Very Happy I got a very nice welcome in my inbox from TP, but am not yet allowed to post private messages, apparently I haven't done enough posts, so figured I would make a start. Thanks TP!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Welcome MrsH,

Good to have you aboard, sorry to hear about all the complications you've been having though. Enjoy your time with us here!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Thank you!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi MsH, look after yourself and don't try to do too much. I find it helps to let those around realise I'm human not superwoman every so often as it means I get more offers of help or just a supportive cup of tea and a chat. I've got a 2 1/2 year old DD with hpermobility and delayed walking (and other mobility skills). She also has an unusual profile (according to the professionals) in that she has not read the child development manual and is not doing things in the normal order. I has my DS in May this year so he's coming up 6 months now. I am also doing an OU degree, am vice chair of our local community group, make all my own bread, baking and meals from scratch and have a veg garden so my friends and family think I'm either a nutter or some sort of domestic godess to give Nigella a run for her money. So sometimes I have a complete meltdown just to remind them that they can offer to help or just make me a cup of tea!

When it comes down to it your health and that of bump is worth far more than a tidy house!

(TP - we've got all these smily faces doing the housework Introduce yourself - Page 4 2853251097 Introduce yourself - Page 4 783247815 Introduce yourself - Page 4 1849994756 Introduce yourself - Page 4 1472570176 where is the little smiley face sitting down and putting it's feet up? Laughing )
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Thank you Stiltwalker. I do tend to put myself under pressure at times, and an untidy house drives me mad! But I am slowly learning to relax when necessary. I'll have my feet up for a bit now, DD's lunch is done with, and I'm sat with a sandwich and my feet up Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:58 am

Welcome your just what we need and hope you stay here. Look forward to your posts and tell your friends etc about us.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  PixieDust Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi All Smile

I've come here from MoneySavingExpert. Owing to recurrent mental health issues I have given up my well paid job to recover properly and be a home-maker. We will now have to survive on DH's salary, which doesn't actually cover our bills, and benefits. We have two children at secondary school.

Housewives/husbands, or Homemakers, are not the norm any more so I'm looking forward to getting afeel for this place and joining in when I feel brave enough Smile

PixieDust

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi Pixie,

Welcome aboard, good to have you here. Look forward to getting to know you, just jump into any threads you like the look of from money saving to shower gel Smile

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:33 am

Hi, hope you like our friendly forum and hope you stay with us.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  hele Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:11 am

Hi all

I've followed the link from mse (bestpud on there) as this seems just what I'm looking for!

I am home educating my youngest dd, so work part time at evenings/weekends and will be for the foreseeable future. During the day, I am trying to save money and also teach my dd how to eat well for less. Lastly, for health reasons, we are re-evaluating our priorities and placing more emphasis on cooking from scratch to avoid nasties hidden in food.

I warn you now, I am a complete novice to all this and will ask lots of daft questions! Very Happy

hele
hele
hele

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:56 am

Thats what we want lots of people asking questions. Welcome to homemakers.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi Hele,

Welcome aboard! No such thing as a daft question and all that stuff, look forward to chatting with you.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  susiesoo Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 am

Hi,
My name is Sue and I am a full time stay at home Foster Carer! Very Happy
I was directed to this site by a fellow 'netmums' user! Thank you!x
I gave up a full time job working as a communication support worker - supporting Deaf children in mainstream classrooms a Year and a half ago (prior to that my partner was the 'stay at home carer') and I absolutely love it! It's the best 'job' in the world! x

If any of you fancy finding more about being a foster carer I have very recently set up a website and forum - feel free to have a look and join if you like - it's not exclusively for foster carers!x
my website is www.fostercarersrus.co.uk

I look forward to chatting to you!x
Sue.x

Last edited by susiesoo on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

susiesoo

http://www.fostercarersrus.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:27 am

Hi Sue,

Welcome aboard!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Sue,

Nice to have our first foster carer on board. How many children have you/are you fostering?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  susiesoo Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Hiya,
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Sorry it's taken ages to get back on here but i'm not able get on here on my mobile (pain in the neck) but I'm working on that. I dont use my laptop very often so please bear with me!x
I have fostered many children and have recently moved one onto adoption and hope to move our other one on very soon! Very Happy
We have vacancies now so who knows who may walk through our door next! watch this space!
Sue

susiesoo

http://www.fostercarersrus.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  sunrisecards Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:36 pm

just wanted to say hi and introduce myself
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

firstly a bit of backkground I worked in childcare since leaving college at 19 and when I had my own children ( who are now 22 and 19 ) I took a total of 18 months off ( six months with my first , a year with my second ) I did childminding to start and then worked in creches part time etc where I was able to take them with me
when my youngest started school I was lucky enough to get a job in a playgroup in the grounds of their school , I could look out of one side window and see my daughter at playtime and out of the other side window I could see my son , I was able to drop them off in the mornings and could pick them up in the evening plus I had all the school holidays off which was brilliant
when they started to grow up and didn't need me so much hubby and I started a little handmade card business which although will never make us millionaires certainly helps out , anyway around the same sort of time , hubby who had a stressful job started to suffer from depression and decided to change jobs - by this time I was working part time in the playgroup and part time in a craft shop - I was then offered more hours in the craft shop which was what I wanted as I wanted to come out of childcare but it was more hours than I really wanted and obviously no more school holidays
I absolutely love being at home and running the house , being organised etc but the job helped out financially as my hubby took a huge drop in salary in return for a lot less stress.
anyway fast forward four years otherwise this post will last forever lol
hubby is now in a much better place - he is working for a lovely company and we are more comfortable money wise but I am feeling the strain
working , running the house and keeping card orders up to date is now taking his toll and although this sounds silly hubby now has nearly two weeks off at christmas and often I'm lucky if I have two days , christmas is a very special family time and I always end up so frustrated that I can't be at home more but I'm also feeling that more in a normal week , I so want to be at home more building up the card business and being my own boss so after christmas I will be cutting some hours not many to srart with but its a start and fingers crossed the more time I put in to the cards the more we'll sell and I can give up more hours I've got a couple of mother and toddler groups to visit in the new year and some craft fairs lined up I can't wait

sunrisecards

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/sunrisecards/106821402675991

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi,

welcome aboard. Excuse the pun ha! Thanks for sharing your information.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Mazzzy Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:39 am

Hi everyone, Smile

I found my way here from MSE and just wanted to introduce myself. I have worked for short periods of time whilst bringing up the children, but only part time and only when we were finding it hard to cope with living on one wage. Now the girls are grown up with children of their own, I am not looking for another job! My OH was made redundant last year and took early retirement. So now we are both at home full time!

Its taken a bit of adjusting but we have got into a sort of routine that suits us. I have lots of hobbies and have re-found my love of sewing so that keeps me busy especially with grandchildren to sew for. OH is still finding his feet a bit but has found plenty to do around the house (with a little help from me Very Happy) to keep him occupied.

I love being at home and am so happy to have found a forum where I can interact with other like minded folk!

Mazzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:41 am

Hi Mazzzy and thanks for joining up. Welcome aboard
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself - Page 4 Empty a quick hello

Post  rosesnan Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:12 am

hi everyone, found the link on mse,
i'm a homemaker full time, i don't know if classify as sahm as both my children are grown and left home. I'm now the proud grandmother to a beautiful (but i would say that) little girl whom i look after a lot of the time.
I spend a lot of my time trying to grow my own fruit and veg, verious grafts and trying to save a penny or two where i can.
rosesnan
rosesnan

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:56 am

welcome rosesnan enjoy our forum.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content