homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself

+68
loving life
bildanto
Pound Shop Pam
Alison Funnell
MumofMany
mollieblogs
karenagain
janethegoose
ruthl2606
bakergirl
Aisles
princessx87
rosesnan
Mazzzy
sunrisecards
susiesoo
hele
PixieDust
MrsH
caledoniaquine
wannaoz
Pippajo
appletree
Teresa
marciared
froogs
Bev@home
SunnyMummy
parsniphead
mancbird
flibsey
PurpleIvy
Chipps
taurusgb
jetbag
Gintotmelinda
mouse scribe
tooties
MrsMoo
kat360
the_cat
Gien
SilverBird
janeym8
fuddle
luciferswench
pipling
dolly blue
Rosie
cat_smith
kimsmum
lollyfin
2boysmum
mesh
Anne
stiltwalker
helen jelly
csarina
Bitsy Beans
knitmylife
life_in_termoil
TattyG
wendy
alec eiffel
juliapenguin
sock-knitter
Red Doe
TP
72 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty I'm new and I love Pound Shops

Post  Pound Shop Pam Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:16 am

Hello all

I'm Pound Shop Pam. This looks like a fun site. Tell me about yourselves. I'm 28 with a 5 year old son and I stay at home. Smile

Pound Shop Pam

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself - Page 6 Empty Re: Introduce yourself

Post  pipling Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 am

Hi Pam *waves*, welcome to the forum! Smile
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:40 am

Hi Pam,

Welcome aboard. Look forward to chatting!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:43 am

Pound Shop Pam wrote:Hello all

I'm Pound Shop Pam. This looks like a fun site. Tell me about yourselves. I'm 28 with a 5 year old son and I stay at home. Smile

Hi Pam,

Glad you made it.

x
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:46 am

Pound Shop Pam wrote:Hello all

meant to say what a fab name Pam.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Pound Shop Pam Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:32 am

Thanks very much Smile

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Who here likes cheese? I love it

Pound Shop Pam

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:54 am

Hi Pam, welcome to you from another newbie to the site.

Veined blue cheese is my favourite or mature cheddar but the kids will only eat mild. Find cheese really expensive though.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 am

Hi Alison as well from another newbie to the site. I am soon to be 46 SAHM to two boys, one 21 and one 10. The 21 year old works full-time but is in his second year at university which he fits in one afternoon/night a week. I thought when he finished his A levels that he perhaps ought to go to university straight away but now his employers are paying for his degree so it has perhaps worked out better financially for him.

Sorry that your mum is so poorly it must be a very difficult time for you all.

Sounds like you are busy with all your cats, we have one dog ourselves.

I haven't worked since the birth of my youngest child and I don't miss it one bit.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 am

Hi everyone, just found a link to this forum on MSE. I am 43 with 2 children aged 14 and 11. I work 1 day a week and volunteer in a charity shop twice a week but I still consider myself a home maker. Money is really tight as we have lost some of our income plus the increase in the cost of living. I see it as a challenge though, although it depresses my DH that we are always skint despite the fact he works so hard and does earn a good salary. Look forward to talking to likeminded people x

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 am

Hi loving Life.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sue99 Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:05 am

Hi Everybody - I followed the MSE link too. Wish I'd found you ages ago!

My daughters are now grown up with their own families and I have two lovely grandchildren of 4 and 2 years. I was a full time teacher but stopped teaching ten years ago (time flies) so I could have time for my girls before they flew the nest. I finally had time for a few hobbies bounce so joined Toastmasters International, the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Gt Britain, a small local charity, got a puppy and offered to do the newsletter at church. Everyone commented on how relaxed I looked Laughing

When the girls left home I felt a bit flat and hubby dropped a few hints Rolling Eyes so I joined a work from home eco business. I just love the freedom of being at home!
Sue99
Sue99

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:25 am

Hi loving life and Sue99 welcome to the forum from another newbie to the site.

We are on a tight budget too loving life and my husband works long hours but we have never had lots of money coming in especially when I gave up work so over the years I have become very good at making ends meet and like you I consider it a challenge and due to my thrift we managed to pay off the mortgage 13 years early which really helps us out now. Have you heard of the Ramoska cooker (think I should be on commission I mention it so much lol) but it really saves you putting your oven on at just over 400 watts and cooks food just like it your main oven, that and my slow cooker means I hardly put on my main oven. I also wash with soap nuts which saves me a load on washing powder.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 am

Bildanto, I've seen the Remoska mentioned a lot on MSE but no idea what they do or what one looks like. Will take a look but if it means spending a lot then its probably a no go for now as we need to only spend on essentials.

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 am

Re the Ramoska the price has gone up since I brought mine about 2 years ago, I bought mine from QVC and I bought in on easy pay which helped, it was about £84 but now seen them on Lakeland for about £110 so unfortunately they are expensive. I would say look on Ebay but second hand they seem to hold their price. Perhaps car boots would be the place or Gumtree. My mum had one at Christmas and loves it. I did contact QVC as they were no longer showing on their website and asked if they would be getting any more in and she said they were showing on their system but she did not know when. That would be ideal as you only pay the purchase price but after being shown a few times they usually get offered on easy pay which is spreading the cost with no interest over 2/3/4 months. If you go on the Lakeland website they are in stock on there so you can see what they look like and all the reviews. I will certainly post if I see them being offered at a real bargain price.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 am

Sue99 wrote:Hi Everybody - I followed the MSE link too. Wish I'd found you ages ago!

My daughters are now grown up with their own families and I have two lovely grandchildren of 4 and 2 years. I was a full time teacher but stopped teaching ten years ago (time flies) so I could have time for my girls before they flew the nest. I finally had time for a few hobbies bounce so joined Toastmasters International, the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Gt Britain, a small local charity, got a puppy and offered to do the newsletter at church. Everyone commented on how relaxed I looked Laughing

When the girls left home I felt a bit flat and hubby dropped a few hints Rolling Eyes so I joined a work from home eco business. I just love the freedom of being at home!

Welcome to the forum.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsms Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:39 am

Hi some nice person from mse recommened this site to me, I am a wife & mother, and try to save money, instead of working, I get fed up of people saying what do you do for a job and you say nothing, I work hard at saving money in the home, I cook from scratch, I am always in the supermarket for the reduced bargains, buy approved foods, get freebies , use coupons , enter competitions, as well as all the house work, walking the dog, etc. Being a homemaker is a full time job , I love it Introduce yourself - Page 6 3545360127

mrsms

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:41 am

Hi mrsms,

Good to have you aboard!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:42 am

[quote="mrsms"]Hi some nice person from mse recommened this site to me,

that was probably me ha.

welcome to homemakers.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 am

Welcome, yes definitely not working is a full-time job in itself I often say how on earth did I find the time to go to work lol.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sue99 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Phew! Many thanks for the email TP Very Happy - I forgot to bookmark this forum and couldn't find my way back - MSE is so huge it was like looking for a thread in a haystack Laughing

mrsms - I know what you mean, it's time Homemaker was a recognised occupation!

The ovens everyone's discussing - are they the same as the halogen ovens I've seen lately? I love using my slowcookers, I have a large one for batch and joint cooking and a smaller one.

Introduce yourself - Page 6 3561616626 love this emoticon - the tumbleweed reminds me I must go and vacuum up the dog hairs, think she's shedding again Wink
Sue99
Sue99

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi, no the ramoska ovens are like a casserole pot with a lid on and it has a metal stand the heat comes from the lid which is plugged into the electric so it cooks from the top down. I did have a halogen oven and threw it out it wasn't for me.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Sue99 wrote:Phew! Many thanks for the email TP Very Happy - I forgot to bookmark this forum and couldn't find my way back - MSE is so huge it was like looking for a thread in a haystack Laughing

mrsms - I know what you mean, it's time Homemaker was a recognised occupation!

The ovens everyone's discussing - are they the same as the halogen ovens I've seen lately? I love using my slowcookers, I have a large one for batch and joint cooking and a smaller one.

Introduce yourself - Page 6 3561616626 love this emoticon - the tumbleweed reminds me I must go and vacuum up the dog hairs, think she's shedding again Wink

if anyone loses the forum it can always be found by doing a google search for forums for homemakers, and its mentioned numerous times on the thread called homemakers on MSE on the old style board. You just have to type the thread name into the search facility. Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Evenstar Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:22 am

Hello everyone. I discovered this site from a link on Netmums. Just the sort of site I'm looking for Very Happy
I'm a young 50 year old and have a 6 year old daughter, so am kept very busy as you can imagine Smile
I've been at home since she was a baby but worked fulltime up until then as a Nursery Nurse in a Day Nursery.
I do some voluntary work now for the WRVS though which I enjoy.
Looking forward to meeting some nice new friends on here bounce

Evenstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sue99 Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Evenstar, Introduce yourself - Page 6 3545360127
Sue99
Sue99

Back to top Go down

Post  Evenstar Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 am

Hi there. Nice to meet you Smile