homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself

+68
loving life
bildanto
Pound Shop Pam
Alison Funnell
MumofMany
mollieblogs
karenagain
janethegoose
ruthl2606
bakergirl
Aisles
princessx87
rosesnan
Mazzzy
sunrisecards
susiesoo
hele
PixieDust
MrsH
caledoniaquine
wannaoz
Pippajo
appletree
Teresa
marciared
froogs
Bev@home
SunnyMummy
parsniphead
mancbird
flibsey
PurpleIvy
Chipps
taurusgb
jetbag
Gintotmelinda
mouse scribe
tooties
MrsMoo
kat360
the_cat
Gien
SilverBird
janeym8
fuddle
luciferswench
pipling
dolly blue
Rosie
cat_smith
kimsmum
lollyfin
2boysmum
mesh
Anne
stiltwalker
helen jelly
csarina
Bitsy Beans
knitmylife
life_in_termoil
TattyG
wendy
alec eiffel
juliapenguin
sock-knitter
Red Doe
TP
72 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Introduce yourself

Post  TP Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

Glad you found us. Introduce yourself and tell us abit about yourself.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Re: Introduce yourself

Post  Red Doe Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Hullo Smile
Red Doe here, I followed the link from MSE. Very Happy
Not much to tell, I'm a middle aged self employed taxidermist but also a homemaker, only one adult 'child' still living at home.
I live in one of Scotland's most remote areas so face particular problems, but it has it's advantages too.

Red Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  sock-knitter Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:19 pm

hi i'm sock knitter Smile , i too followed the link from mse, i am a carer for my 2 disabled sons, who now live on their own, and apart from caring and some voluntary work, i am a home maker
i live in west yorkshire

sock-knitter

Back to top Go down

Post  juliapenguin Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi

I'm a teacher but am struggling to cope with work because of long-term mental health problems. I'm trying to find a job with the right number of hours to keep my sanity but still have some degree of independence. In the meantime I'm trying to overcome the feeling that I'm defined by my job rather than by who I am.

It may be that I'm going to be spending a lot of time being a homemaker, and this is why I'm interested in communicating with other happy homemakers who find real contentment in taking care of their homes and making it easier for their partners to be the breadwinner, by dealing with all the errands and chores during traditional working hours.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Julia
juliapenguin
juliapenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I found my way here from MSE of course. I don't post all that much there but I read lots. I really hope we all get along here as this is exactly the forum I'm looking for.

I've been a housewife for the last 8 years. We have no children, it's just a decision we made. Until last year I volunteered at a charity shop but haven't been able to find one I like since we moved house. In terms of what I do all day I always tell people I do whatever I want!

I love being at home, it makes sense for us, no having to sync our holidays no worrying about not having days off together, no sense of "we deserve it" type spending because we've been at work all day. You get the picture. Look forward to chatting more.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  juliapenguin Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:59 pm

This is nice - a place where people don't have to justify enjoying being at home. I still don't know if I'll find the perfect part-time job I'm looking for, but in any case I'm going to be spending a lot of time at home. My son is grown up so I don't have any childcare responsibilities any more.
juliapenguin
juliapenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:32 pm

I quite agree Julia....this is nice Smile

Well, I'm a farmers wife, we have 3 grown daughters all married with their own homes and families, so we have 8 grandsons and 1 grandaughter.

I worked from the time the eldest DD was about 12 and finished a couple of years ago.

mags
wendy
wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks for signing up. Keep spreading the word.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TattyG Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Another one from MSE Smile

I am a mum of 3. I do work but only 1 to 2 hours a week. I am also doing an OU degree and the rest of my time is spent homemaking and I love it Smile

xx

TattyG

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I also came over from MSE.

Im Jo, 42, single mum of 4 kids ages 22, 19, 15 and 14. I work p/t (evenings) in a petrol station which I love but spend my days at home. Im not in a position where I can quit my job so we just have to get on with it.

I spend my days trying to declutter, keep the house clean and sort out my finances.

I meal plan and make rotas for everything but sometimes the lists become over powering and I end up sat on my backside reading forums and getting ideas and writing them all down with the good intention of actually getting round to doing some housework or crafts or gardening (you get the picture)

I need structure and routines and as of yet ive not quite got the hang of it, so I will be interested in how you all structure your day.
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:28 am

hello everyone.

oh yes this is fabulous. so glad to meet you all.

im louise. also from MSE which i love for ideas but its a bit impersonal.

i have four grown up children aged 18, 20, 21 and 22 and a baby girl (aged 12 lol). i have one grand-daughter from my eldest who is coming up for 2 in september.

i work in a local high school but my dream is to be a sahm or a sahw.

my plan is to continue working at the school (hopefully reducing my hours as time goes by) and finishing completely in 5 years time. that will coincide with my dd leaving high school.

my only problem is my addiction to clothes shopping and of course my now expensive daughter.
hubby earns reasonable money so its totally doable but i just need to get the idea of spending his money instead of mine!!

look forward to getting to know you all xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello everyone Smile

In case you hadn't guessed I am Bitsy Beans from MSE LOL

I am not quite technically a SAHM as I am a childminder BUT it's the closest I can get at the moment. I have 2 young kids (5 and 3) and work on a part time basis term time and full time during the holidays.
I love being at home, although I do miss the adult company I had when I worked in an office but then I found MSE which is kinda my lifeline to adult conversation (no not THAT type of adult chat Wink )

Timewise I really shouldn't join yet another forum but couldn't resist Laughing
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  csarina Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi ....I am Csarina a 68year old SAHW. I did work when my 4 chidlren were at home and on and off until I finally retired due to health issues in 2003.

I love the freedon that staying at home goves me, I can do what I like when I like, although I do try and stick to a cleaning routine. My mantra is if you keep it clean ans tidy you never need to spring clean!! So Monday's is bedroom and batnroom day and Friday is kitchen and sitting room day. Apart from that there is the washing, I do it when I have a full load of whatever. Change the bed once a fortnight and do the towels the same week. We have a bath towel each and then a couple of hand towels.

I menu plan, and cook from scratch; shop once a month for staples and every other week for fresh fruit and any veg we do not grow in the veg garden. Gardening here at our apartment is restricted to the patio and a border but the veg gardem is large with a fruit cage 5 deep beds, a very large central bed ; 2 glass houses, one with grapes in and a poly tunnel. It keeps us out of mischief.

OH reads amd plays bowls, does a stint in the local tourist office and also volunteers at another community garden. I read and most of my spare time is divided between the internet and quilting. I attend a weekly meeting of our local quilt group.

During the winter months we attend a social club once a month on a Friday night.

csarina

Back to top Go down

Post  helen jelly Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 am

Hi

I've followed the link from MSE to here - nice to see you all

I'm Helen and I'm Mum to DD who is 11 and DS who is 8, my DH is fully supportive of me being a SAHM and after the children are grown up and gone he wants me to stay at home!! I have no objection to this as I love being at home. Money is tight, but we get by.

I'm looking forward to reading what everyone gets up to etc

Thats it for now - I could waffle for England lol

Helen
helen jelly
helen jelly

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:48 am

Hi all, another one from MSE. Hope you all well.
I'm a sahm with 2 little ones, my son is just 14 weeks and my daughter nearly 2 1/2. when I'm not running round after the kids I'm doing an OU degree in childhood and youth studies, tending the garden or cooking, there's also a huge pile of crafty stuff up in the attic that I've not had chance to go near since the kids arrived - lol!
My daughter has hypermobility and is only just getting around to walking but she's really getting the hang of it these last 3 weeks or so, no independent steps yet but we're not far off I hope.
I was a chef before I stopped work to have the kids but hope to go back to work in a few years in the support side of education (hence the degree) as much as I love to cook for people the hours are dire. In the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying being at home even if money is tight.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:53 am

Hi
I'm Anne, known as salome on the OS site. Was going to sign in with the same user name, but messed my registration up lol. Looking forward to being part of this forum :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:39 am

Afternoon

another one from mse here!

same user name, to keep it simple (mainly for me!)

SAH recently redundant and like being at home. working on my plan for jobs in and around the home as this will be a 'work in progress'.

no pets but big garden bird watcher/feeder and local wildlife watcher. I live in Suffolk but originally from altrincham, cheshire and like my home in rural suffolk.

Nice to have somewhere else to come and 'met' with like people.

catch up with you all soon.

mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  2boysmum Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:34 am

Another one from MSE, same user name.
Giving up work next wednesday, currently in a part-time job I hate, stressing out over childcare so DH has told me to give it up as it's not worth the grief!
I'm a little scared but looking forward to it too. I have 2 boys, 15 and 7, looking forward to spending more time with youngest ds as he has dyspraxia and needs a lot of extra help with homework etc, so hopefully things will be less hectic now!
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:02 am

Hi guys
im another one sneaked over from MSE
I have 4 kids dd20 lives with us occassionaly (when she hates her BF!) dd16, ds12 and dd12
I always worked as we needed the money, either part time or full time, even ran my own little business from home for 3 years making soaps and bath stuff

have not had a job now for a year and a half but am really enjoying "just" being at home tho do need a kick up the b*m to get motivated to do stuff
my OH is happy for me to stay home, he prefers it he says because he works away he likes to spend time with me when hes home (suck up!)

Lollyfin
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmum Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi,
Another one from MSE same name.
My OH is disabled and I am his carer. I am 55
I go out once a week on a friday to do the shopping and also to the libary to pick up books for my OH as he orders them online.
I have been going through the house trying to declutter as much as I can as we have way to much stuff.
Starting selling on ebay a few weeks ago, and have sold quite a few things.
So will keep going with that till everything is gone which should take me about a year LOL
All the money from ebay is being paid off the debt we have so aleast its a help.
I try and do a room a day some times it works sometimes not, all depends how often I need to stop to help my OH.
I love my OH very much he is and always will be the sweetest man I have ever meet.
He was sports mad before he became disabled, I know its been very hard for him but he never complains and is always happy.
kimsmum
kimsmum

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:21 am

i forgot to introduce myself. I am in Worcestershire and had the idea for this forum after reading the thread on MSE. I am 43. I do voluntary work one morning a week and my oh has a shop which he has had for 28 years i am involved in a small way with that. We have been together since 1994 ❤ ❤

TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  cat_smith Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:33 am

Hello. I'm Cat_Smith here from MSE Very Happy . I gave up work due to mental health issues and now try and run a business occassionally from home. I enjoy homemaking but find myself very isolated in a small village where I have no friends. Need to get out more!
cat_smith
cat_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:43 am

Hi, I'm another MSE'r, I'm not sure though if I'm really supposed to be here. I guess I'm classed as a Homemaker, due to losing my stressful job a few years ago. It made me ill & I've not been able to sort myself out since.
I'm 50, single, my daughter lives 3 hours drive away.
I'm in Devon.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:46 am

Hi just joined I'm a mse lurker, will fill my profile in later, live in Shropshire, live in sin and have for over 20 years, 2 kids at uni one otherhalf(ones enough Smile )
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:48 am

lots of new people Smile

thats really lovely and welcome xx
wendy
wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content