homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'potatoes not prozac' support thread

+5
lollyfin
alec eiffel
Bitsy Beans
Rosie
froogs
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

'potatoes not prozac' support thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 'potatoes not prozac' support thread

Post  Bitsy Beans Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Still plodding, am finding I need to be organised about breakfast, especially as most of my protein I am getting from meat or eggs. It's a bit of a slog some days but I am not trying to work myself into a frenzy about it. Might give it another week and then perhaps start the journal. I think I am going to find that a chore if I am honest, especially since when the kids are home everything is done at 90 miles an hour LOL
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

'potatoes not prozac' support thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 'potatoes not prozac' support thread

Post  TP Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 am

excellent T Razz hread.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:13 am

I have just pigged out on apple strudel and custard. Absolutely fed up because since cutting out the sugar and lowering my refined carbs I have put on 3 lbs.

I know what I've done. I have eaten so much at meal times to stop me snacking in between and I fear I did what alec eiffel warned us about - eating too much fat in the protein.

3lbs on and all that work boooogared because I've just indulged. I'm feeling rotten and look what I did? Ate sugar. Sign of a true sugar addicted emotional eater? Rolling Eyes Embarassed

So feeling lost in everyway really. Need to regroup and replan.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself, it doesn't mean you're a sugar junkie but yeah maybe it was a bit of emotional eating. It happens, you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself and it's not necessary. When we need a bit of a foodie cuddle it's fat as well as sugar and sometimes it can make us feel better. Don't feel guilty - food is neither good nor bad, it only has a meaning in so much as you ascribe a meaning to it.

Drop the labels, it's another layer of chutney your don't need to stress yourself about. Take what works from the book and leave the rest. use it as a basis for getting on but not as a stick to beat yourself with.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:51 am

So been doing a lot of thinking about this. Like froogs I too have gained a bit of weight and if I am honest I am sick of the protein at breakfast.

I know it's not technically a diet but I am finding it a major faff trying to make sure I eat enough protein. As such portion control went out of the window hence the gain in weight.

In my hearts of hearts I KNOW mindful eating is the way forward for me. Not protein, not complex carbs, calorie counting, low carbing or any other thing. By focusing on the protein I have completely ignored my bodys natural feelings and massively overeaten at times. This isn't actually teaching me the way to live healthy its just replacing one unhealthy way of eating with another.

So I am bowing out of this thread, I shall probably keep myself motivated via my diary.
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Bitsy,

So at least some good has come out of doing this. It's confirmed to you that you know the best way forward so now you can just go for it and not have to do the stressful bit.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:42 pm

That Alec is a VERY good way of seeing it, thank you Smile
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5