homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

+7
PurpleIvy
dolly blue
stiltwalker
pipling
alec eiffel
Aisles
TP
11 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

Post  pipling Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Ohhhh Carrot Cake, thats my favourite! I made one for DH's birthday last week and it went down a storm! I used Rachel Allen's recipe here: http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/607032 And it was really great.

I don't have much planned today, I might wander up to the library later for Rhyme-time with DD.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

Post  loving life Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:53 am

We had a taste tonight at Mums and it was delicious, first carrot cake I've made apart from muffins. Will definitely do that again. Have two more birthdays in March for the inlaws, not sure what to make for them.

Today I worked in the charity shop, it was a bit boring as not much to do today.

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Today I am at home, cleaning. Also will be making some jam muffins for the weekend. DH is going away for work on Monday so need to get his shirts ironed. Will have to venture into the 14 y/o sons pit to change his sheets. Would really rather stay on the internet though lol

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 pm

I have 2 loads of washing to do today, and I want to get all the washing dried and put away by this evening.
Dishwasher on and kitchen all clean and tidy already.
I need to go and put some disinfectant in the wheelie bin whilst it's empty pale

DH has discovered that his new job is "casual" rather than the "smart shirt/suit" type of office he is used to, so will need to get him some new clothes. He said that they all wear rugby/polo shirts and Jeans, this is great for him as he hates suits!
I need to buy some new jogging bottoms for wearing round the house. I realised I had the same 3 pairs for at least 6 years, 1 pair have had to be binned, the other 2 are so thin and faded they are embarrasing Embarassed . So I will need to do some clothes shopping this weekend, probably in Next and M&S.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 pm

just been to the shop for bits that's running low, rang insurance broker about the quote that was sent through, they now given me a better deal Very Happy
might go through the freezer later to make a list of what I've got to menu plan(never done that before Shocked )
I What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 2961018439 & What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 2853251097 What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 1849994756 yesterday, I could do the dogs blankets but they need a goods brush first to remove some dog hair.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:07 am

That's one of my least favourite tasks Dolly - fur removal. Until the pair we have now we'd only ever had Rex rabbits, they have really short fur and don't shed (they're like the Velveteen Rabbit) but this pair have longer fur and shed ALL THE TIME, especially the big grey thing so I am always out with the wet rubber glove defluffing rugs and stuff!

We went to the town this morning and had a wander on the prom, the sea was very far out so the beach was huuuuuge, loads of people and dogs running about which is always nice to see. Came back and have been doing a bit of housey stuff. We're going out with a mate tonight for a meal and drinks - it's the night out we were meant to have last Saturday but we had to postpone because DH injured himself doing who knows what.

Hope you're all having a good weekend so far.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:06 am

Its a lovely day outside isnt it? I went to the car boot that Pipling mentioned, first time I've been and definitely go again. Not happy about paying £1 for parking but I like that there are no commercial stalls, just people selling their junk mainly and its all on concrete. I only bought boring things but saved some money, a colander to replace mine as the handle broke and a stainless steel ice cream scoop for making cakes.

DH going away on Monday with work so nice line of washing out and doing some ironing. Also popped up to Lidl this morning as they have a half price deal on minced beef, got 6 packs at £1.14 each. They have huge 5kg sacks of onions for £1.34 ish, wish I had got one now but wasnt sure if I really needed that many.

DH got a bonus so having fish and chips tonight, cant wait for that.

Have a fab weekend people xx

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:50 am

lovely day, done some housework, sat and read the paper in the sun Razz and put washing out. Been into town done a few things. Loads of people around.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:17 am

I was singing in the village square this morning.

Just got home now from a friend suprise 80th birthday afternoon tea Very Happy
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 am

loving life wrote:Its a lovely day outside isnt it? I went to the car boot that Pipling mentioned, first time I've been and definitely go again.

Well if you saw 2 men (one with short dark hair in his early 30's, one with grey hair in his 60's) selling boxes of baby clothes, that was my husband and father in law!
Sounds like you got some bargains, it was not a good day for selling as hardly anyone was buying though - DH only made £26.

I have had a quiet day in today, I am loving all this sunshine though!
I put DD's pram on ebay this afternoon, I already have a bid and lots of interest. I have a few more bits to put on in the next few days as well.

Planning on going out tomorrow and enjoying the nice weather.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:33 pm

I did see a stall with boxes of baby clothes I think. Aww shame he only made £26 though.

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:34 pm

We're heading off to the rugby soon, we're going to lose heavily I think so probably not all that much fun but you can't have everything!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:49 pm

loving life wrote:I did see a stall with boxes of baby clothes I think. Aww shame he only made £26 though.

Apparently Whitchurch car boot is starting soon, and most people went to that one instead Mad

I have put lots of things on ebay over the weekend - including lots of Warhammer 40,000 role-playing books and games. Loads of interest in it so far, we have 1 little figure that sells for £50-£60 alone, I never saw the attraction of those games tbh, but I am glad the DH invested in it all those years ago now! After a bit of research we are looking at making a few hundred £'s!

We went out for the day yesterday and enjoyed the sunshine, the playparks were packed with people and DD had to queue for the swings and slides! We then stopped off on our way home and had a lovely carvery lunch.

Back to reality today though, I have steam mopped the kitchen floor, loaded the dishwasher and started tidying the house.
Later I will vacuum and dust downstairs and get some washing done too.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Wow, that's really good. So often people buy stuff and then think later down the line they'll be able to make money on it but can't it's so great that you can make some money from the models and stuff.

We had a great day yesterday. As predicted our team did lose heavily, but not as bad as I feared, the atmosphere was electric and I had the best time. I was totally pumped by the end!

Today is a quiet day, Dan is unexpectedly working from home so I can't do any laundry or hoovering or anything like that - no complaints from me there! So I've just done some general tidying, dusting and things like that. Now I'm going to have a good poke through my bookmarks and look at some sites I haven't visited for a while and relax.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Back to my sewing today, some material came on Saturday to make covers for seats in my camper van so made a start on that. Got some other sewing to do in the next couple of days then the machine can go back to bed for a few months Smile
I then need to start on painting my house window frames Rolling Eyes was on the list last summer but didn't get done Embarassed Not today but sometime in March.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Dolly - we planned to paint our garage last year, but I can still see the peeling paint whenever I go out there! We'll do it this year, it's going to be yellow!

My parents are coming up this afternoon to help me with some DIY, Dan has hurt his shoulder so can't really do anything at the minute. So that's my day. Depending on what time they leave we might go to the hospital to see Dan's step dad as he was taken in yesterday. We shall see.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi all,
Quiet day planned today as we had a busy one yesterday. so Just going to let the kids chill and make a mess in the living room (bricks and crayons everywhere if I know my two!) whilst I am chief referee and dispenser of nuggles (hugs but DD prefaces ots of words with an n sound). I may also try to sneak in a bit of next weeks OU work to get ahead as we are going away!!! What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 300268043 What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 2873396784 We're off to centre parcs, the Sherwood one for a midweek break so will be MIA here. We're all really looking forward to it. Booked a babysitter one night so we can even have a grown up meal out.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:22 pm

stiltwalker wrote:Hi all,
Quiet day planned today as we had a busy one yesterday. so Just going to let the kids chill and make a mess in the living room (bricks and crayons everywhere if I know my two!) whilst I am chief referee and dispenser of nuggles (hugs but DD prefaces ots of words with an n sound). I may also try to sneak in a bit of next weeks OU work to get ahead as we are going away!!! What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 300268043 What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 4 2873396784 We're off to centre parcs, the Sherwood one for a midweek break so will be MIA here. We're all really looking forward to it. Booked a babysitter one night so we can even have a grown up meal out.

sounds great, have a fantastic time and tell us all about it when you get back!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  tooties Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:44 pm

quiet day planned for me,
just pottering about doing the housework, got a quick cake to make, some de cluttering of craft magazines, some knitting and sewing planned .

oh yeah another page or two of the dreaded dla renewal form what joy.
hope everyone has a good day and achieves all they want
regards

tooties

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Have a good break we are looking forward to ours too.

Been into town why is there always something to do. Been to the bank, the Post Office to get stamps, bought some food, and took some things into the charity shop. I have near enough competed the declutter now.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:12 am

Today I am making lots of phonecalls. Got the letter about DD's DLA today and she has been awarded mid rate care and higher rate mobility from her birthday next month. Thought I'd be really pleased as I'd psyked myself up to having to appeal but it's come through just what I thought 2 weeks after they received the form but actually I just feel a bit sick as it's another of those moments that brings it all home. Have already applied for carers allowance online and I am just filling in her blue badge form. Need to ring tax credits next when I have gathered my strength.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:36 am

dont expect to get through! Those numbers are a nightmare. Not enough people on to handle the calls.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:28 am

The phone gods must have been with me as I got almost straight through
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 am

I've been in my shed doing a bit of dejunking and now in the garden, got a bit of hand sewing to do tonight while watching tv
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 am

Wahoooo! I applied to attend a short course at the art gallery and there was still space so I am in! It includes a trip to a gallery in Birmingham too so I'm pretty excited bounce

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next