homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

+7
PurpleIvy
dolly blue
stiltwalker
pipling
alec eiffel
Aisles
TP
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

Post  pipling Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Morning all,

Dh went out in the cold this morning to get me and DD some pain aux chocolat for breakfast and a paper, bless him!

We are going to in-laws for lunch and thats all we have planned today.

Have a great day everyone!
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you doing today Feb Chat Thread

Post  Aisles Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:46 am

I did a load of parcels for the royal mail, nipped into town to buy my stitching magazine, some more hot water bottles, and lots of doggie treats for Garrett.

Poundland is amazingly good value for doggie treats and they have 2 size's of mini hotwater bottles for £1 each a 600ltr and a 300ltr size Very Happy
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Vets again today, need to have a tidy up also sort out house insurance. Drop some of DD old clothes off at the charity shop and sort out meals for this week out of the freezer
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Got some sewing jobs to do for people, then normal housework tasks, then the list of jobs I need to do before I go to the States on my sewing course next week. Busy!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 pm

our phone isnt working the main one, so ive been informed so will have to look at that. We may go to badminton tonight and we will will tape the Liverpool and Spurs game if we do.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 pm

I have a long list of jobs to do today, as I will be out all day tomorrow.

Nothing too taxing, just cleaning, tidying and washing and I am waiting in for a parcel as well.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

I've spent this morning cleaning, now having some computer time. This evening we're meant to be going to the cinema to watch an opera but Dan's in two minds now, he's rushing round all day at work so thinks he might be in the mood for Liverpool v Spurs rather than Il trittico.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:30 am

Trying to keep very quiet and crocheting like mad
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Today i am going into town to do the usual errands and im having an eye test at 10.40.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:32 pm

today:
watching the latest episode of House
cleaning
getting shopping delivered at 11-12
phoning Office and complaining about some shoes I bought in november which leak and have the heels falling off already
collecting minime
putting up with minime's behavioural problems, keeping calm and not getting angry (she has suspected FMF and her behaviour becomes horrific for one week every 5 or so weeks, we're used to it. it's not her, it's "crazy sophie")
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:34 pm

minime lol.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:45 pm

I've just watched SuperScrimpers, I'm doing some more deep cleaning, I have a couple of new books to have a look through and then there's the general day to day puttering. Maybe there will be some time to make another quilt block too.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:15 am

I went to the city centre shops today, because I didn't have much money it was more of a window shopping trip.
Managed to get Dh a valentine and a birthday card and a "token" small valentines present.

Lots of the shops were virtually empty of people, I don't know how some of them can afford to stay open to be honest.

Then we went to an all you can eat buffet for lunch (which was packed with people and at £8.99 a head, I can understand why)
It was this place: http://www.zazabazaar.com/ which is the largest restaurant in the country.
It serves lots of different types of food: Indian, chinese, sushi, vietnamese, thai, english, italian etc. So something for everyone (including fussy old me!)
Quality was mostly very good, especially the Indian and Chinese.

pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 am

sounds good pipling.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Today I am on orders to "take it easy" after a busy day yesterday.

So nothing much planned except the usual cleaning and tidying.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Quilting and relaxing today. Someone was meant to be servicing the boiler but they were a no-show so I emptied the airing cupboard unnecessarily. I'm part way through the final block for my wall "art" which is exciting (to me). Erm not much else going on, Dan is working from home, the bunnies are playing chase me chase me and there are loads of birds in the garden to watch.

Have a grand day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Been doing a messy job this morning. Got to go out later.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:53 am

Today I am mostly putting DD's glasses on her (over and over again!) She's just got her first pair and as she's not 3 til March she's still very young to have them. She's doing much better now than she was this morning we're coming up on 10 minutes without her taking them off but she is distracted drawing a picture for he godfather's birthday. We're supposed to try and get her to wear them as much as possible as it will make a big difference to what she can see and the sooner we can get her wearing them full time the better.

Got said friend (DD's godfather) coming for his dinner tonight so once I have picked up OH from work and picked up my boots from the cobbler I will make a start on the curry mountain, I usually do 2 curries, a dahl, samosas, pakora and onion bahjji together with a couple of pickley dips and homemade chappatis when I do curry night. So will have a busy afternoon.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:34 am

My sons worn glasses since he was about 3, it was picked up at the eye test that they ran at the age, gosh he was quite short sighted Shocked we never picked up on it Shocked
He took to glasses well but they were always in for repair, bent arms, broken arms, lenses falling out even with a spare pair it seemed like I visited the options more than the supermarket, the good news is hes better now he is 20 Laughing
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:32 am

been to voluntary work this morning we had a quiz.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 pm

I have a busy week planned so I need to get lots done today.
I will:
- do all the washing,
- Put all the clean washing away,
- work out some meal plans for this week,
- Tidy the kitchen,
- work out my spending and add it to my spreadsheet,
- vacuum and dust downstairs
- Empty all the bins. And fill a carrier bag with any junk that has been hanging around for a while!
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:30 am

We are off to our local theatre tonight to see a medical farce. Looking forward to it and weather much better today.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:30 am

Still feeling a bit ill so haven't really ventured far from the sofa today. I think we were meant to be going out later but I think Dan might just have to find something to do while I flop about the place coughing!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 pm

I went to the dentist first thing and they were closed due to a leak so I had to come back. Glad it wasnt far. They said they will ring wonder if they will?

I am hopefully going to be entertained this afternoon by some young singing and dancing teenagers. They are putting on a show at my voluntary work for people. They came this time last year and it was good. They are the youth section of the local am-dram society.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Looks like I will be staying in today and pottering around the house.
DH is working from home, which is always nice to have another "grown up" around.

Yesterday, I had a medical appointment first thing, then went for a coffee with DH. Later I went shopping in my local high street, I bought 3 books (A large book on French cookery, A gathering storm by Rachel Hore and a brand new copy of a Lark Rise to Candleford collection) and a Postman Pat DVD in the charity shop for just a few £'s, which will keep me and DD busy for a while.
The fabric shop were selling off their sample curtain fabric for £2 each and got a very heavy, lined curtain that I am going to turn into a postmans satchel for DD, She loves collecting the post from the letter box playing at being a postman!

Then we went to a local restaurant for lunch, which is one of those places we pass everyday and never go in. But the food was amazing - all home cooked and fresh and best of all good value too. So we are already planning on going back really soon.

We will be out all day tomorrow at my parents house. And on friday Dh has a day off so we might go out for a day trip.
Saturday Dh has an all day training day, and sunday is his birthday - so we have a a packed few days coming up.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next