homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Chat Thread - come in, say hi!

+2
Aisles
alec eiffel
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

April Chat Thread - come in, say hi! Empty April Chat Thread - come in, say hi!

Post  alec eiffel Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 pm

A new month a new chat thread. Say what you like!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

April Chat Thread - come in, say hi! Empty Re: April Chat Thread - come in, say hi!

Post  Aisles Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 am

I can't believe it's April already Shocked

I've come home from holiday to see my Greengage and Victoria Plum tree in full flower. Shocked

Yikes it's all going too quickly Laughing

Last edited by Aisles on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

April Chat Thread - come in, say hi! Empty Re: April Chat Thread - come in, say hi!

Post  dolly blue Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:41 am

Hello all, yes April think times goes quicker the older I get
Well summer did come hope its not gone again
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:13 pm

It's not looking too much like summer today! Has anyone had any snow? We haven't had any, but it's pretty cold and very windy.

Aisles, ikwym about the blossom, it seemed like one day my trees were bare then the next the garden was full of flowers. My quince had exploded into a riot of pink.

Not sure what's going on today. I was going to crack through my library book but I hardly slept last night so I'm too tired to concentrate at the minute. Maybe a pot of tea will help. Have a good day whatever you're doing.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Oh dear it's never good when you don't get a proper night's sleep Sad I hope you get a better one tonight.

I really need to check on my spurting broccilli again as I had a carrier bag full nearly 2 weeks ago and it was very tastie Very Happy
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Good morning all,
Its a grey and miserable day here, I'm missing the sunshine already.

My husband starts his new job in just over 2 weeks time and when he accepted this job, we were in 2 minds whether he was doing the right thing by taking a pay cut and moving to a brand new company.
However, my Dh had an inkling that something was going on with his current employer, and he was right. They were told this morning they are being taken over and it looks like EVERYONE is losing their jobs Shocked . He is so lucky to have his new job ready to go to, but I feel so terrible for all his lovely collegues that are being made redundant.

I don't have much planned today, apart from organizing a return of a faulty item on Amazon and the usual tidying/cleaning and washing!

pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:40 pm

Woke up to snow Shocked it was a nice sunny afternoon yesterday OH was painting the windows snowed off now
Still falling but not as think as first thing.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Dolly blue - Can't believe how quickly the weather can change! No snow here (yet), but it feels so much colder than last week.

Last week: sunburnt, sitting outside in t-shirts & shorts
This week: heating on, jumpers on, slanket on Rolling Eyes
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 pm

LOl pipling think I will get my uggs back out, I have put the heating on the first time since the clocks changed, DD sitting revising, she lives in London its warmer down south think shes had a shock.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi,

Ive been away in the sun with fantastic scenery and views, eating outside etc and nice people. Back to normal now in England sadly until hopefully the next time. Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:48 pm

TP wrote:Hi,

Ive been away in the sun with fantastic scenery and views, eating outside etc and nice people. Back to normal now in England sadly until hopefully the next time. Very Happy

Oooo where did you go?
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 pm

sunny Tenerife.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Sounds lovely TP.

I've just had my lunch outside, it's gorgeous!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 pm

really, ive got the fire on here lol.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:00 pm

It's sunny blue skies and the wind has died down so it's really nice.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:53 pm

TP - lucky you! sounds like you had a lovely time.

The Easter clear up starts today, as does the diet pale .

Already this morning we have:
- Gone to the doctors for my monthly blood test,
- took a large bag of bric a brac into the Red Cross charity shop,
- Bought bread and salad for tea,
Jobs to do:
- DH is ordering DDs new playhouse for the garden today,
- Clean and tidy house from top to bottom,
- Lots of washing to do
- Make a cheese and onion pie for tea

Tomorrow, my in-laws leave the country for nearly 6 months, so I am trying to explain this to DD (who normally sees her grandparents a few times a week) that she won't be seeing them for a long time. Bless her, she doesn't understand yet, but I am trying to find activities for us to do in the next few weeks to distract her. I saw a poster for a new "dancing tots" group starting next week, and we sometimes go to "Rhyme time" at the local library. And I am hoping for nice weather so we can play in the garden, she has planted lots of vegetable and flower seeds to look after as well.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Sounds like a nice busy day pipling.

I'm just puttering about the house today. I got a new book from the library at the weekend, I thought I'd start reading it today but I hardly got any sleep so I think a book is beyond me!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 am

wonderful Easter weather wise (not)
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:05 pm

The weather didn't bother me tbh, we were inside most of the time and I just put a coat on when we went to the rugby. I love watching the rain when I'm at home.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Our dog didn't like the rain and refused to go out even when he saw his little westie friend although he got excited and went out to see him he still refused to go Walkies Rolling Eyes

We all have nastie colds, so I don't think I'm going anywhere other than staying in and trying to sort out the house.

I hope no one else is going down with a cold
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Aisles - please keep your cold to yourself! Laughing , Hope you feel better soon.

Today I want to:
- continue with the tidying mission I started yesterday.
- wash the all the towels and bath mats.

Off now to dust the bedrooms April Chat Thread - come in, say hi! 2948976692
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:57 am

Oh no not the dreaded bathroom Sad

well I've managed to vaccum but I still have loads of washing up where does it all come from plus 5 or 6 loads of washing. Sad
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:08 pm

I've done the housework for the day so I'm going to have a cuppa, read a couple of blogs then get stuck into my new library book. I'm still finding it hard to concentrate on fiction and not just speed read through it but I'm enjoying what I've read so far of this one so hopefully my love of novels will come back!

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm in the middle of housework, more mess and dust kids home from uni
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi everyone,

Time is flying by again.

I think tonight we're going to see MIL. We have been going over at the weekend but we're all really aware that we don't want to get into a routine where we spend every Saturday night together. She's having a bit of difficulty filling her days just now (she's so used to having to be quick if she leaves the house) so the days are feeling quite long. Her neighbour is being really good, going out for walks and checking in on her which is a relief. We're taking over a few box sets of tv shows she might like to help in the evening. Not sure what else to do - she doesn't read, she's not up to crafting or anything like that yet so her main thing is tv. But it's less than a month since her husband died so she's doing pretty well so far, her GP is great and is keeping an eye on her incase she hits the wall. It eases some of the pressure on Dan with us not living as close as we used to (we used to live 5 minutes walk away).

Anyway. We are having to have a belt tightening period. There may be another round of redundancies where Dan works so we want to bulk up the emergency fund. The car needs some work and there are some other bits and bobs coming up. Petrol is the killer at the minute, we're over to see MIL at least once a week and she lives 40 miles away so it's costing a fair old bit. It's not the end of the world, we're lucky at the minute we have a little wiggle room. All frugal tips are welcome of course!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next