homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weight Loss Thread

+15
Teresa
Bitsy Beans
taurusgb
Gien
2boysmum
Rosie
fuddle
cat_smith
PurpleIvy
lollyfin
TP
Admin
wendy
alec eiffel
froogs
19 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Weight Loss Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 am

In spite of dinner out on Friday evening I still registered my lowest weight so far. Total of exactly 7kg.

This is what I count as my current weight. because of whether you are retaining fluid (menstrual cycle, because you've had more carbs or salty food) it's hard when you go up and you're not expecting to. So I forget minor fluctuations and in my head, providing I've stuck to the plan, then that lowest weight is how much I've lost. I record my losses on a spreadsheet but not the daily ups and downs. This is because I want to learn how to use the spreadsheet on my 'new' (Sept 2010!) laptop, which is Apple, not MS. I shall have a go at trying out all the functions and so on at some time in the future when I have a slack moment (LOL!yer right!)

I'm overjoyed at the 7kg, as that's probably half way there to my desired goal (not that I have a definite goal in mind yet, but it will be thereabouts)

Hope you've all done well on your chosen food plan this week, thinking of Flibsey as she gets going.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Congratulations on your 7kg!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:27 pm

I haven't been doing much differently really. I have made sure to weigh rice, pasta and stuff like that, I've cut out snacks, not been drinking alcohol and have moved about a little more - although I'd class this as "activity" rather than "exercise". I'm too focused on getting the decorating and other stuff done to worry about doing weights and things like that at the minute. That will come later.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Well, my weight's down again today in spite of being away at the weekend and at MIL on Friday. We did walk down the hill and back up again from DS's college into Durham city centre. Not far, but quite a hill on the way back! WOuldn't really call it exercise, as you say, more activity than exercise.

I find I do better when I've been doing stuff in the house, rather than some of the days that I've spent sitting on the sofa feeling rubbish!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Bad day yesterday, or at least bad afternoon.. I inadvertently ate 2 slices of tea loaf. Stupid thing to do.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:06 pm

That tea loaf can be sneaky and leap into your mouth, I've fallen foul of that one in the past!

I have to confess to being a teensy bit envious of my brother today. Whilst under the influence he offered to help his mate who wanted to run the Helsby half marathon. Forgot all about it until last week when his mate wanted to arrange to meet up. Got out of bed, ran 13 miles to check he could do it and is now waiting until the race starts in a week or so! The swine, I know I would crumple into a big heap after about 6 miles... I think I need to get back on that bike (although of course I'll never tell him he inspired me! Wink )

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:51 am

you could do 6 miles? I couldn't make it to the post box!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 pm

If my life depended on it!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:29 pm

This must be the only weightloss thread that is quiet in January Shocked

Went on the exercise bike yesterday and remembered how much I love it. Did a big hill climb and felt great afterwards. Food is going well, I'm enjoying cooking these days which is good and we're well under budget too.

How's everyone else doing?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:10 pm

New lowest weight this morning, but not by much and it's been a lot of days coming! Now lost 7.7kg. Ever so almost 17 lb. Feeling well. Hoping to have another kg off before I go to the States, but it doesn't happen not to worry. I still have between 3 and 6kg to go.

I stopped keeping tally of food spends earlier in the year, but fairly sure that out of habit I'm doing OK. First I had my gall bladder op, so other people were shopping, then DD's 21st was a big spend, then our silver wedding and so on, but most of the time I feel in control of it. It's been more expensive over the last 3 months as I'm doing the Dukan diet, which relies heavily on low fat protein foods. But then I'm not spending on a lot of other cr@p, so I guess it will even out in some way.

The one thing I'm not happy with at the moment is that I'm wasting veg. Did a bit of a clearance yesterday so will start again and try and plan more for our needs.

Shopping patterns have been really erratic this year.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:59 am

Welllll, mustn't be too hard on myself, as I've had a really stinky cold last week, but weight loss seems slow at the moment. have made it up to 8kg lost, but this weeks was a grand total of 50g! Still better off than on!

A week on Tuesday I go to the States for just over a week for my sewing course, so really hoping to do well this week. No/low carb will be nigh on impossible whilst travelling I think. We get our lunch provided for the days of the course as well, so will just have to try and stay relatively low cal/low fat and hope for the best.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Oooh, that could be tricky, portion size is a big thing isn't it as well as not knowing exactly how things are prepared. The one thing I would say about the US is that most places are excellent if you want something preparing in a certain way but I think you're very wise to adopt the mindset you're going for.

I made the huge error of eating bread this weekend and I have swelled up like a big balloon. I don't know why I do it!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 pm

I'm just having a go at the DUkan bread, my friend gave me a slice to try and it was quite nice, got oatbran, wheat bran, wheatgerm, fat free dairy, eggs in it. No flour.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 am

That sounds interesting, I'd love to know what you think of it when you've tried it.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 am

Ahem, it was rather nice, although slightly salty for my taste. When I do it again I shall put a bit less in though.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:22 am

Hmmm, that could be an option for me... I have a pretty low salt diet so I'd probably have to experiment with that too. Thanks for the idea, I searched for a recipe and have made a note of it.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:21 am

does anyone put a picture of themselves in the kitchen when trying to lose weight. Read that this can help if you are tempted to go into the cupboards for stuff. You have the pic to remind you that you want to lose weight.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't do that but I know people that do and it works for them. I think anything that motivates you is a good thing as long as it's healthy.

I am a little under the weather at the minute, a bit chesty a bit sniffly, so not quite well enough to do "proper" exercise so I decided to dust off the wii fit board (haven't used it for over a year). I have to say I was more impressed with it that I remember being in the past. I can really feel my abs this morning after doing some of the muscle "workouts". Just goes to show a change can be a good thing. Even switching to something easier than my normal exercise has a benefit.

It also reminded me how much I like doing yoga, I'm thinking of joining our local gym to do some classes.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:59 am

Well, 9 days away in the USA and I thought I might have put on some. After the water retention from the flight had gone I was delighted to find that I had stayed the same. Now back onto the plan to try and lose some more!

I had all kinds of things to eat in the states, but most of it moderately OK. Had wine most days, which I don't at home, but was on my feet a lot of each day and walking round the biggest fabric store in the US! Woop!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 pm

That's really good going, you must be well pleased!

Hope you enjoyed your time over there too.

I don't know how much weight I've lost but I'd guess at least 2kg as I wore a shirt last night that was too tight last time I tried it on so I'm pleased with that.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:00 pm

..... and now, have shown a loss today. Been back on plan a couple of days, so hoping for good things.
Well done Alex, it feels good when something fits again, doesn't it?
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 pm

It is a good feeling, especially as I didn't think I'd been trying to lose weight. Congratulations on the loss, bet your body is enjoying being back on the plan. Have a great week.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:03 am

Horizon was interesting tonight it was about weight loss and exercise.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:18 pm

I started off watching the Horizon but I found it a bit dull, we were 20 minutes in and he hadn't really said anything so we switched it off and did something else instead.

Dusted my weights off and will be heading off for a workout soon, really looking forward to it. That's all there is to report Very Happy

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 pm

I did an upperbody workout yesterday and lower body today so I'm pretty achey but I enjoy using weights more than any other form of exercise so I don't mind too much.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next