homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Chat thread

+4
dolly blue
pipling
alec eiffel
TP
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

March Chat thread Empty March Chat thread

Post  TP Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:25 am

New thread for March. Nice here now. Been at voluntary work this morning, then into town after for some errands and shopping.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

March Chat thread Empty Re: March Chat thread

Post  alec eiffel Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Today is a normal Friday, getting the house ready for the weekend. I'm about to go and workout for an hour or so. Hopefully Dan will be finishing work at 3 so we're planning to take some coffee and go for a drive up the coast and have a wander about on the beach. Tonight we're in, we have a few beers in and we're going to watch the rugby.

Tomorrow we're at home, Dan has work to do so I'll just be puttering and Sunday we're going to Hull. Have a good weekend everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:28 pm

I've had a busy morning so far, cleaned and tidied the kitchen, dishwasher on, clothes washing done and hanging on the line outside to dry (although grey clouds overhead at the moment are making me regret that decision).
Whilst I was busy, I let DD do some painting - when I got in from the garden she had painted both hands and one arm right up to her armpit with dark blue paint! She also had some on her face and given herself a moustache too! So she has now been showered, hair washed and dressed again, and kitchen has been cleaned again. At least she had fun, and she won't need a bath tonight either.

DH has a meeting today, but doesn't know how long for so he could be home anytime between now and 6pm.
We have some more items ending today on ebay, we sold the pram for £82 yesterday, which I was really pleased with.

No other plans today, tomorrow we are going "over the bridge" with in-laws to Wales for a spot of shopping, maybe going out for lunch too.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:40 pm

you should have taken a picture pipling lol and sent it in to a magazine! Smile

have a good one all. Weather isnt supposed to be as good as last weekend.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Well I've just finished mucking out the downstairs, March Chat thread 2961018439 & March Chat thread 1472570176
Need to find something for tea, start packing a box of food for my camper, put the bedding in and anything else I need.
Weekend off no domestics in the house for me Very Happy
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:18 am

TP wrote:you should have taken a picture pipling lol and sent it in to a magazine! Smile

I did take pictures, lots of them too! Dh couldn't believe it when I showed them to him! Very Happy

pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:23 am

rain today what a change from last Sunday. pale Football later on Sky.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:24 am

We had quite heavy rain followed by sleet, followed by full on heavy snow that then changed back to sleet then rain.

We did have 3 hours of sunshine now we have wind and rain yet again.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Well, we didn't go to Hull in the end. Dan had to visit his stepdad in hospital, I didn't go as they had to talk about serious things and it was easier for me to not be there. Although it was an awful reason to not go to Hull I'm glad we didn't as we lost heavily and it was really bad weather and the away fans weren't under cover. I don't think it would have been a fun afternoon! So I stayed at home and watched the footie.

I'm having a blitz round the house today as there seems to be loads to do, I've done most of that already just having an internet break for an hour then I'll get back to it then do some exercise. ALso need to write a menu plan and shopping list. Bit of a basic day but I am going to be busy.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Theatre tonight looking forward to it.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Lots of washing to do today, and hopefully I will be able to hang it outside if the weather stays dry.

I have to wrap lots of ebay parcels that sold over the weekend, but I am still waiting to hear when the person will pick up the pram that I sold last week. The person who won it lives 2 hours drive away, even though I said it was collection only. she is arranging someone to pick it up for her "some time this week" Mad . I just want it out of the house now because it takes up so much room!

We had a lovely day on saturday, we went shopping in Abergavenny with the in-laws. There are some great independant shops there and the market is fab - we bought lots of goodies, including welsh cakes, dragon sausages (!), pork and pear pies, 2 chickens for £4.99 and loads of books. Then we had a pub lunch on our way home.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  2boysmum Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Stressed today, my assignment for my OU course is due in tomorrow and I've only just started it, can't get my head around it at all! Have also signed up to sell Scentsy so waiting in all day for UPS to deliver my kit! Done a bit of housework this morning before the kids went to school but that will be it for today I think as I'll probably be up to all hours doing this essay!! Can't wait until tomorrow when it's sent and I don't have to worry about it anymore Sad Sad x
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 pm

I've been sent to my room lol. My daughter loves cleaning, and wants to clean, and I was in the way. lol :-)
Later I'm visiting friends, then back to get on with dinner, and hopefully tonight, get the bathroom before my daughters, and have a bath :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Gosh a daughter that likes cleaning Shocked send her around to me Smile
One load of washing on the line, waiting for a bank transfer so I can then put some pennies into OH isa.
Need to pop to post box, sorted dinner out might do some sewing later.
Freezer is on this list this week to defrost, I hate this job! not sure which day it will be but it needs to be done by Thurs before I go shopping.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 pm

a bit rainy here. Been into town, Bought a new sheet for the bed.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Today started off a bit rubbishy weather-wise but it's gorgeously sunny now, windy which makes it colder but the sky is bright blue.

I'm just at home today. Dan has gone to Manchester for a meeting so I'm hoping the gift of a muffin or something exciting like that might come home with him bounce So I've just exercised and done some housework. If my arms will hold out I might put the last coast of paint on the landing ceiling - maybe I should have done that before the exercise!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Forgot to ask TP, did you enjoy the theatre?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:41 pm

yes thanks it was very good.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:39 am

Sorry I've been a bit quiet here, but DD is poorly at the mo.
Dh and I were supposed to go a fancy restaurant yesterday as he had a day off, but we had to cancel because DD was so ill.
She is now sleeping, thankfully. I really hope she gets better soon, it's horrible to see her like this. Sad
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:09 am

well I've defrosted my freezer today, found some odd bits that I can add to the dogs dinner.
I need to get it back in place but need a bit of man help, I also tidied the cupboard the houses washing cleaning stuff, chucked a few old clothes away and found a box of dishwasher tabs.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 am

pipling wrote:Sorry I've been a bit quiet here, but DD is poorly at the mo.
Dh and I were supposed to go a fancy restaurant yesterday as he had a day off, but we had to cancel because DD was so ill.
She is now sleeping, thankfully. I really hope she gets better soon, it's horrible to see her like this. Sad

sending good vibes your way pip.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Loving the sunshine :-)

Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 pm

been out walking lovely day. Then went to an exhibition for International Womens day which is today if anyone didnt know? Washing drying nicely.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Well its March Chat thread 2853251097 March Chat thread 1849994756 March Chat thread 2961018439 March Chat thread 1472570176 for me today
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks TP, the good vibes did the trick and she is on the mend at last.

She has barely eaten since monday, only a few bites of toast this morning. It was the dehydration that worried us, after her initial sickness she completely refused all fluids and only had a few sips of water since monday. She became delirious, unable to stand etc. I was really worried but she has (thank goodness) made lots of improvements this morning.

Nothing much planned today, In-laws will be visiting us later, just need to catch up on washing and cleaning now.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next