homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Chat Thread - come in, say hi!

+2
Aisles
alec eiffel
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

April Chat Thread - come in, say hi! - Page 2 Empty Re: April Chat Thread - come in, say hi!

Post  Aisles Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:28 pm

oh dear I do hope things don't go bad at Dan's place of work.

Are there any local groups your MIL can go along to where she lives?

And can you go over at a different time of the day occassionally via local transport, as sometimes local transport works out cheaper.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

April Chat Thread - come in, say hi! - Page 2 Empty Re: April Chat Thread - come in, say hi!

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks Aisles.

We have mentioned groups or clubs to her and she is at least thinking about it which is good. She's very much a homebody and has this "thing" about not wanting to see people she used to know years ago incase she has to deal with someone she doesn't like. She seems to have a mindset that people are only nice to you if they are after something or feel that they have to be. And she doesn't understand why someone would have a relationship with someone where you're just an acquaintance, she's very much an all or nothing person and I don't know whether she is willing or able to change. People are reaching out to her but she's quite guarded and thinks people have an agenda or she thinks she'll be in the way. We'll just have to see... She knows she has to do something with her time but (and I agree with her) she doesn't want to start doing something just for the sake of it.

We've suggested that she could try something and if it does the trick for a couple of months then that's fine, nothing has to be forever and I think that might be giving her food for thought. Usually if she does something she does it wholeheartedly so the thought that it's ok to have a casual interest in something is new. But she's not just rejecting the idea which is a start.

When she's up to it I will go across on the train. Luckily there is a direct train so it is an option for during the day. She isn't one for having people stay over to to stay at people's houses but she has made noises about maybe coming over here during the day occasionally and I've said I would venture over too. I think we're a little way away from that happening though.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi guys - sorry I have been MIA for a wee while, it's been absolutely mental here. Hope you're all ok - alec sorry to hear of your FIL. I seem to have had an endless stream of appointments for either me or one of the kids, umpteen OU assignments and we've been away up to my parent's as well and all of a sudden it's a month later.

DD has had an MRI and we are seeing her Paediatrician on Friday so will get the results then. I'm totally in 2 minds about what I want to hear, in some ways for something to show up that would give us a diagnosis would at least be a line under and we would know what we are dealing with - then we can get stuff in place to provide appropriate care/therapies etc. On the other hand if anything shows up it means that there is something other than the hypermobility at play and we will have to emotionally deal with that.

I had 2 wisdom teeth out under GA on Monday, still not eating properly as I can't open my mouth but I feel fine physically (apart from a bit of discomfort) so I'm absolutely starving!! Don't think I've had much more than soup and soft bread since Sunday although did manage some jacket potato middles with cheese last night but it's hardly gourmet fare!

DD turned 3 at the end of March and DS turns 1 next month so 1 party down and 1 to go - I just do a cake buffet (lots of different cakes, biscuits and buns) as it keeps the hoards happy.

Been getting on with my quilt - done 10 different blocks now, mostly without swearing at them! Although the Trafalgar one caused so blueing of the air!

DS is trying to crawl and sit himself up but the poor little sausage is struggling terribly as he keeps trying to use his big sister's techniques and he doesn't bend that far but he's getting there - he can go backwards quite competently and he's getting the hang of forwards slowly.

Think that's about the lot. Keep well all.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 am

First day by myself in ages, DD been home and OH been hanging around with a bad back.
I can have the radio on as loud as I like (DD was revising so the radio got dusty) and what ever station I choose Laughing
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Didn't have a great night last night as there were parent issues but nothing too serious, just niggling.

Good news that my best friend from university is moving back to the UK after being abroad for the past 10 years. She's going to be in London but it's closer than before so I might get to see her finally *yay*. I've done the housework for today so now I can just settle in for some reading and quilting. Simple but relaxing.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Does anyone have anything planned for this weekend?

We are getting back to decorating. We've been visiting MIL the past few weeks so haven't showhorned any in *hooray* but this weekend we're hoping to get a fair bit done.

Today I've been shopping and nipped in to make an appointment to get my hair cut (haven't been this year) and she could fit me in today so I'm going at 12. Very happy with that. Have a good weekend everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Not sure to go away in camper the weather is putting me off, quite a small space to be stuck with OH saying "I think it might be brightening up" If at home I can take myself off into the other end of the house Laughing
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 am

I was going to Brooklands Motor Museum and Track with the Mazda Rotory Club and going to take part in the hill climb in DH RX7 however the engines not back in and I've now been asked to do a charity craft show instead.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:08 pm

We decorated on Saturday and part of yesterday then last night we walked up the beach a couple of miles then back home along the dunes. It was a gorgeous even and there were plenty of folks out power kiting, walking their dogs and stuff like that. Today I'm having a general tidy round and need to sand the walls. Think that's all.

Hope everyone else had a good time this weekend.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:56 am

Gosh April 23rd last week in the month another week older but not sure if wiser
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Ooooooh , it's a bit chilly today. I was going to wander off to the library but I don't think that's going to happen. I'm having a cuppa and doing a bit of quilting - good to sit under as well as stitch!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:33 am

Getting fed up of this rain Sad
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2