homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you miss the 'gut wrenching it's work tomorrow' Sunday night feeling?

+7
parsniphead
alec eiffel
lollyfin
PurpleIvy
TP
wendy
froogs
11 posters

Go down

Do you miss the 'gut wrenching it's work tomorrow' Sunday night feeling? Empty Do you miss the 'gut wrenching it's work tomorrow' Sunday night feeling?

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:00 am

I know a silly question but I think I do you know.

I don't like how each day merges into one. Saturdays are the same as Mondays. There's nothing to dread and nothing to get excited about. Do you get what I mean? All the same........ all the time Sad
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Do you miss the 'gut wrenching it's work tomorrow' Sunday night feeling? Empty Re: Do you miss the 'gut wrenching it's work tomorrow' Sunday night feeling?

Post  wendy Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 am

Couldn't you decide to do something special on a Monday ?

It's taken me some time to settle into being at home all the time, but I felt so pressured when I left work, that I felt relieved on Sunday nights and thought thank heavens I don't have to go to work tomorrow!

Tuesday mornings are my 'special morning'....I volunteer at my local Red Cross shop. I was very nervous to start with, but I can honestly say it was my saving grace. I've met some lovely people, both volunteers and customers. It gave me some confidence back.

I'm not saying it's the ideal thing for everyone...but boy, has it been the ideal thing for me Very Happy
My Mum even comes along with me now, and it's done her the world of good too Very Happy
wendy
wendy

Back to top Go down

Do you miss the 'gut wrenching it's work tomorrow' Sunday night feeling? Empty Re: Do you miss the 'gut wrenching it's work tomorrow' Sunday night feeling?

Post  TP Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 am

i dont really have this problem as i dont find all the days seem the same. I usually find there is something to look forward too anyway and enjoy just sharing everyday sharing life with the other half. :bom:
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:03 am

Because I'm doing some work at home each day is a little different. I love the ones most of all when there is nothing in the diary. I had a bad time with my line manager over the last few years. I handed in my notice so won't be returning in September. I found I got very worked up on the days I worked and shan't miss that feeling at all.

I've had fittings ( for my sewing and alterations) and/or beauty/holistic treatments each day this week, hoping that I can get these clustered together so that I have a day or two free in the week when I can go out and do something, or just enjoy peace and quiet to get on with either sewing (even for myself, that would be nice!) or some 'homemaking'.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:16 am

I suppose that old saying 'there's too much of a good thing' rings true.

I'm in the house day in day out, with my children and right now with the school holidays I haven't even got the walk to school routine.

I guess I miss my independence and freedom from not having a car and living semi rural that bus fares are an absolute no no because of the cost.

I do like the idea of volunteering for charity shops though so if I ever get a runaround car it could be the way forward.

Yeah, when homemaking is all you have it does get dreary. I wonder what I could do to make a day special... maybe a day could be baking day (I'm trying to diet! lol) but it's worth thinking along those lines.

I like the idea of shabby chic'ing so I could maybe get myself a project to do bounce

see inspired already lovely ladies - do we have any men homemakers?
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:29 am

ooh thats a good thought men homemakers!

hows your business idea coming along? Does that excite you give you something to look forward to?

must be a pain being semi rural without a car.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:36 am

Yeah it excites me but I have to get real and do a business plan.. guess where I have been all day lol I dare not spend any more money on wool until I know there's a great possibility it will work.

So just mulling along as ever.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:40 am

ive got an idea up my sleeve as well. I am always trying to think of things. I reckon i might have found a gap in the market re childrens clothing cant give too much away though. No idea if there is really a need for it though thats maybe why it hasnt been done ifyswim?

I might try and find someone to run it by.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 am

I dont miss it at all. Ive had jobs where ive sat and cried the night before cos I knew I had to go in or had my kids crying because they knew i was going to be away for 12 hours or more.
I know how you feel about the holidays tho my lot went back to school last week and I am now getting back into a bit of my routine. It is horrible when you are sitting without the slightest clue what day of the week it is
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:55 am

Goodness me no!

Although I enjoyed all the jobs I had before my last one working for one of the big charities, so I only had that feeling of dread when I had to face that ordeal every day.

I don't really get the feeling that all days run into one though, I guess I'm used to it as I've been a housewife for 8 years. I do slightly different things every day and just I don't know, I just love my life so there's little to make me feel down these days.

Volunteering can be a good idea, I gave up my favourite ever charity shop last year because we moved house, I looked for another when we'd settled in here but they were all too organised and like little factoriess, no fun at all- one of them didn't even have chocolate biscuits I couldn't believe it :affraid: But if you find the right one then it's great. Although I did end up on a night out with the manager and the other vols which culminated in me being happy slapped (by two ladies older than my grandmother) and an 83 year old vol being carried around the pub on the back of the barman... scary stuff. I think I'm going to join the beach/dune cleaning group when they start up again next month.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  parsniphead Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 pm

No definately not. Mind you this is only my third month of mat leave so perhaps I may change my mind eventually. I love every minute of being at home at the moment. Very Happy
parsniphead
parsniphead

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 pm

parsniphead wrote:No definately not. Mind you this is only my third month of mat leave so perhaps I may change my mind eventually. I love every minute of being at home at the moment. Very Happy

Hi parsniphead and welcome bounce

I loved maternity leave! There's something about that time that is special, even though it is the most shattered I have ever been in my life.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:28 pm

I worked Thursday to Monday running a small tearoom before I left to have the kids so it was more like a Wednesday Evening feeling of dread - actually I didn't dread work, although it was really hard work, particularly in the summer, I loved it and found it very rewarding. Still haven't missed it though!!!

Parsniphead - How old is your little one - my little man will be 15 weeks on Saturday? Aren't they wonderful when they are just starting to discover the world. Although have to say little man is clingier than his sister - he's nosy but she was nosier!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 am

well im on six weeks summer holidays at the moment and it is utterly fantastic.

i definitely get the sunday night dread i hate it with a passion. however i do love my job so its a bit mixed.

what i really hate is working monday to friday. saturday food shopping and cleaning. sunday ironing all the clothes and cooking a roast dinner. monday back to work again. boo hoo. how much longer xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverBird Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Do I miss the 'gut wrenching it's work tomorrow' Sunday night feeling?

Mmmm, let me think about that for a millisecond... Quess what? Absolutely NOT!
SilverBird
SilverBird

Back to top Go down

Post  parsniphead Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks for the welcome froogs.

stiltwalker wrote:I worked Thursday to Monday running a small tearoom before I left to have the kids so it was more like a Wednesday Evening feeling of dread - actually I didn't dread work, although it was really hard work, particularly in the summer, I loved it and found it very rewarding. Still haven't missed it though!!!

Parsniphead - How old is your little one - my little man will be 15 weeks on Saturday? Aren't they wonderful when they are just starting to discover the world. Although have to say little man is clingier than his sister - he's nosy but she was nosier!

Sorry in taking a while to reply, I have been on holiday for a week.

He will be 13 weeks on wednesday. Mine is really noisy too. He doesn't cry much but constantly gurgles and coos. He is the best thing I have ever done.
parsniphead
parsniphead

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyMummy Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 pm

I don't miss the Sunday night feeling but I do miss the Friday night thank god it's the weekend feeling if that makes sense! I am suffering from lack of routine brought about by the school holidays too I think so have decided to clean through the house this morning then will get back to my usual routine from tomorrow when they're back in.

I generally do what I need to housework wise in the mornings (including cooking/prepping the evening meal) and have the afternoons to myself to either work on a craft project, see friends (not often though as they all work) see my parents, menu planning, household projects etc. I try to have one afternoon a week where I have a nice bubble bath, pamper myself and do my nails - it keeps me sane Smile
SunnyMummy
SunnyMummy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down