homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motivational thread!

+9
2boysmum
dolly blue
marciared
Bitsy Beans
PurpleIvy
knitmylife
flibsey
alec eiffel
MrsH
13 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Motivational thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Motivational thread!

Post  MrsH Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:59 am

Hi! Well, lunch all over and done with. DD 'helped' with the shopping, which was really more of a hindrance if I'm honest but don't want to discourage her. Just realised I'm totally out of washing powder, so no washing going on today Rolling Eyes but pleased with my efforts this morning.

This afternoons jobs will be to clean the bathroom, and wash up and clean kitchen which now looks like a bomb has gone off. Oh, and put fresh sheets on the beds. Had mum call round which was nice, she brought one of my aunties though which made me feel a little awkward and quiet as she's a bit of a judgemental type (something to say about everything you do/ are planning to do), and I can feel judgement in the air whenever she's around. Shame because she is a lovely lady minus the unwanted opinions. It makes finding topics of conversation difficult.

I didn't hear that on the radio this morning Alec, but sounds funny! Well, I best get off again and find that motivation, if you see where I left it, please post it back to me!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:08 am

I usually find motivation is hiding amongst something I need to clean - need to start the job before I find it though Wink

Dan phone before and is going to finish at 3 today and do a bit of work at home so I can have a rest from looking after the grey beast for a bit. He's also going to come via a coffee shop and promises to bring me a Christmassy coffee. I know they're expensive but I know I'll really enjoy it!

Have been doing bits and bobs - have aired and made the bed, put laundry away, cleaned the bathroom and toilet, tidied my wardrobe, swept the living area, swept the pantry, put the dishes away, tidied the coffee table and dusted the living and dining areas. Will still have to do a bit of a clean before our visitors land tomorrow but I'd have had it to do anyway so it makes no difference really.

Mini confession, I am about 2 years away from running out of laundry liquid. Bought loads of the brand I use when it was cheap at home bargains and have it stashed away. Couldn't help myself!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 am

Well, I managed to finish my jobs off on Friday, clever me!

DD has been unwell over weekend and it would appear she is coming down with chicken pox Sad DH off for a couple of days now so should still manage to get through the house work if luck is on my side. Only got my washing powder today so a bit of a backlog for the week ahead, some in now.

Tomorrow, I plan to:

*Tackle more washing/ drying.
*Dust
*Hoover and mop
*Clean bathroom.

Have to pop out for a couple of appointments in between so should be achievable.

Are there any stain removal pro's around? In the last few weeks, the carpets have been battered pale Unusual in this house but seem to be having a 'stain spate'. I have tackled all with Vanish foam, but not completely come out. I have vomit in our bedroom (cream carpet!) no odour, just seems ingrained. Felt pen and playdough in the lounge (mid brown so not as obvious, but still visible), I'd be grateful if anyone has the answer???

Anyone feeling particularly motivated about the week ahead? Mine is medium, a little apprehensive as I don't know how DD will be and I find it's easy for a sick child to dissipate any motivation I may have had.

How is everyone?

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:20 pm

awww chicken pox hope you manage to get some things done.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi MrsH,

How's DD today?

The house was really clean and tidy this weekend as we had guests so I'm hoping to keep it looking this good from now on. So far I have decided to ditch another forum I post on to free up some more time for other stuff and that feels good. so far today I have done my minimums, a lol is nearly ready to hang out, the kitchen is clean and tidy, bunnies are dealt with and the living area is swept. Just have to write a shopping list and do some planning for one or two things.

Erm that's about it. I am looking forward to this week. The bun is feeling a bit better so I'll be able to venture out a few times. Later this week I'm going to join the library - it's a different county area to where Dan works so we should have different books available to us. Erm, that's about it. Have a good week everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Hey there!

Well, honestly, getting nowhere fast. DD awoke being driven mad by the itching around 11pm last night, and cried in our bed for around 3 hours on and off before we managed to settle her again. Didn't sleep too brilliantly after that as I was listening for her. Any way, we all slept in as a result and managed to shower, dress and breakfast before heading to the GP. Chicken pox (or chicken spots according to DD!) confirmed. Got home a little while ago, and I was ravenous, so we all had lunch. Have to head out to another appointment which could take a while in around half an hour. DD and DH have loads of tidying to do after themselves but neither looks like moving any time soon, can't even be bothered nagging Laughing

I'm off to try and get washed up and wipe down in kitchen before heading out and possibly putting away some washing and getting another load on. I'm not going to be too hard on myself if things don't get done with how things are - there's always tomorrow Very Happy I WILL remain positive Very Happy Good days to all, pop back later.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:55 am

well I have done amazingly today. two built in wardrobes cleared out (one is 6ft 8in wide by normal wardrbe depth and floor to ceiling height, the other runs the whole length of soph's room so 10ft x normal depth x full height), the stuff being stored in soph's has been moved into ours, (xmas decs, old tapes, landlord's ugly things).

soph's now has only sophie stuff in... soph's room also got cleaned out too, and furniture moved around to make more sace for big girl things (and santa, and the yule fairy ahem lol). found a load of stuff I didn't know I still had, and binned most of it hahahaha!

I also found a bag which contained some photos from when me and jim were first together and in it I found some polaroids from the days before digital cameras and well hidden folders on computers... yes. the *dirty* kind of polaroid!!! let's just say they're now shredded lol!

soph was so happy when she got back to see more space to play.

tomorrow will bring a trip to the tip, and a bit more sorting and binning.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:47 am

Wow, well done flibsey!

In the end, I managed to wash a load and put on airer, tumble dry bedding, hoover and mop, clean bathroom, wash up and wipe down after tea (DH cooked!), so not too bad. Will be a bit of catching up to do tomorrow, but right now, bed is calling me Smile Can't wait to wrap up in my duvet, hope DD sleeps through but expecting disturbance later bless her.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:01 am

A bath with lots of bicarb to help dry out the sports and maybe some Piriton for the itching. Hope DD is over the pox soon MrsH xx
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Good work flibsey!

Not sure what's going on today. All the big projects we have to do are a two person job sooooo, just a case of keeping things ticking over for me I think. Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:41 pm

MrsH, do you have a lush near you? Dreamwash shower cream is calamine and aloe based and is amazing on chicken pox. they used to do a bath bomb with bicarb and calamine too, but they don't appear to do it any more.
also, stick some porridge oats into an odd sock or some old tights and run the hot water through it for a bath. it's very soothing.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Ooh, thank you for the tips all. There isn't a Lush nearby but I am going on an xmas shopping day away with mum on Friday and will likely pick up some dreamwash shower cream - she'll be over the worst by then but it may help her eczema which has flared up since the onset of spots. A day of doing odd jobs as and when today, thankfully, she slept through and didn't get up until 8:30, lovely.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm not particularly motivational at the moment am I?! Laughing

I managed naff all yesterday, my mother in law visited, and with DD poorly, I gave up Rolling Eyes

This morning, I have:

*polished wooden furniture
*cleaned all glass including french doors and lounge door panels, phew!
*cleared the drainer.

I need to:
*Clean kitchen sink
*Put on a wash load
*Dust
*antibac light switches and door handles
*Hoover and mop (the floors keep getting mucky so quickly lately Mad )
*Put away dry washing

Have a great day whatever you're doing, I wish you a bundle of motivation Laughing

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:53 pm

On a fitness forum I visit I saw a thread about motivation that said something along the lines of - if I don't have motivation I start off like I do then let it catch up with me. Thought that was a good one.

Not sure what's going on again today. Dan has gone to an event at Sage in Gateshead, he left the house just before 3am and will be back at about 9.30 tonight so the day stretches out! There's not too much to do though so I'll just do the minimums and maybe look for something else to do. Otherwise I'll just keep on quilting.

Have a good day, hope DD is not feeling too bad.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:24 am

I love that quote Alec, I may use it for my fb status! Feeling quite pleased with my little self as in spite of DD not being at preschool due to pox, and having a massive nauseous hour or so this morning, I have actually done it all! Very Happy

Just have to put wet washing on airer, DD currently eating her tea (I'm having mine later), wash up later and I think I will order shopping online to come Friday. I seem to have a few rubbish days, then make up for it by being ultra efficient for a day at the moment. As long as it all gets done I guess.

Ooh, thought I'd mention - don't know whether anyone has tried Domestos Total Blast Toilet Gel, but I don't recommend it. I used it, and the the stuff stuck to the bottom of the bowl for days. Once it cleared, it seemed it had actually uncovered some brown staining. Well, I was mortified as we've never had a stained toilet like that. I think maybe it's TOO good and uncovered stuff that bleach normally hides Embarassed I didn't realise it was the cleaner until this happened about 3 times, and each time, I've had to cover up the staining with bleach. Only problem now is I have 4 bottles to get through as it was on offer, d'oh!

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:33 am

MrsH... also get DreamCream moisturiser. it's amazing for eczema.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:00 pm

I will indeed avoid that product MrsH! Sounds hardcore. Although if it is limescale or similar then you could be right it might just have been removing the stuff bleach had just... bleached. Although I don't actually know what I'm talking about I'm just making it up as I go along. I don't use bleach or anything like that... maybe I should...

Another day of tranquility and joy here. Gorgeous day, a little breezy and everywhere smells like the seaside. Great conditions for drying laundry so that's what I'm doing. Have also done my minimum tasks, had a quick tidy round and done some dusting. Have to think of something to make for tea and then that's that for today I think.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:12 am

Had a great day Friday, spent a small fortune in Lush Very Happy Although, I hadn't been in nearly a year so that's how I'm justifying it to myself.

Weekend has been pretty good on the motivation front, DH and I began the decluttering at long last and I feel GREAT for it. House looking better already, we have to head to the tip and the charity shop, ideally before we try and tackle any more or I will become annoyed with bags laying around the place. Sometime this week I would like to clean the pram chassis and vac the actual pram bit thoroughly.

Tomorrow, my list is as follows:
*Dust
*Hoover and mop
*Clean bathroom
*Tumble dry towels
*Wash a load for the airer

Should be fairly easy to get done as DH is taking DD out in the morning, always takes half the time with an empty house! A happy Monday to all Smile

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Progress update: I have dusted, cleared drainer and cleaned sink in kitchen, put DD's blanket collection (don't ask!) on to wash, put towels in dryer, hoovered, mopped, and cleaned leather sofas and dining chairs.

Started feeling a little off colour so am on here for a well earned break Smile DH has taken DD to see FIL this morning, this afternoon we have to pop to Aldi, then the tip to get rid of rubbish decluttered yesterday. And later do the bathroom. Am very pleased with recent progress and generally feeling less ill. Although must remember not to overdo it, and sit down before I have no choice!

Going to mosey on here for a while, then get lunch.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:59 am

I know I'm going on a bit today but I am that chuffed with my little self!

After lunch, I washed up, put the washing machine on a maintenance wash (soda crystals in powder dispenser and hottest temp), as not done that in ages, cleaned the bathroom, went to the tip (very satisfying), dropped acceptance slip for DD's pre school place at local primary, folded dry washing and put away, folded towels from dryer and put away.

We've given DD early tea, and DH is making a curry for the two of us once she's in bed Smile After that there will be another round of washing up and will wipe kitchen down, but that's basically me done for the day! So productive this last few days Smile

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:50 am

well done Very Happy

I've battle with the local council got a undertaking from them however the guy didn't turn up so will have to send in a solictor's letter now instead. grrrrrrrrr.

I've done a pile of paperwork, nearly finish crocheting a scarf, cleaned up the kitchen,

Gather some yummie veggie's from the veggie garden and awaiting for the dinner to finish cooking another 5 minutes of cooking and dinner will be served.

After dinner I have a have fuel regular and small piece of fuel line to change on my car, DH will be assisting by hold a torch Laughing

Then it's test drive the car, take dog for a walk.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Well done MrsH!

Not got much going on today. Made a start on today's stuff last night by doing some laundry, so that's nearly dry now. Need to do a ten minute tidy downstairs as I have had loads of cookbooks and magazines out. Need to dust the living area, do another load of laundry and put the dry laundry away this afternoon. Not much else going on so I'll probably just work on the wallhanging.

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:04 pm

Morning all! I'm popping on now as have to take DD to preschool soon. I'm very fortunate that my friend is dropping us off before uni, otherwise I'd have to bus it both ways with no seat at our bus stop (don't know why, but it's disappeared), and with my blood pressure dipping low all the time I was feeling very anxious about it. Just have to bus it home afterwards, will put my feet up for a short while, then jobs today are:

*Tidy and clean kitchen
*Polish wood
*Antibac door handles/ light switches
*Hoover and mop
*Change DD's bed sheets, she had an accident during the night, possibly in her sleep and told me when we got up. Thank goodness for pampers mattress toppers!

Then later it will be back to preschool to collect DD and DH will pick us up in town en route home from work. Hoping to convince him to nip to Aldi for some fruit as running low on snacks.

Check in later, good days to all.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Another busy day MrsH!

Not sure what's happening today, Dan is on strike but he still has a ton of work to do so he's going to be working here for a while so I need to find quiet things to do! Have already done minimums and a load of laundry.The woodwork still needs to be painted in the porch so I might get on with that and find a few other puttery jobs to do.

It's very much going to be a no spend day, this much I do know! Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Morning, achieved my jobs yesterday, feeling really quite on track recently. DD's behaviour has improved somewhat the last few days so hoping that continues. Planning on wrapping up and heading to the park later before lunch.

Minimal domestics today really; hoover through, wash up and wipe kitchen, do a wash load and put dry away. I want to get my xmas cards addressed later - I've written a load, and discovered that I have LOST my address book Shocked Not sure how I'm going to regain all addresses, probably through inlaws as all family that live away are all on their side. Must buy an address and birthday book when next in town, and fill it in and store away somewhere I won't forget! Hate losing things, and there is also my usual set of keys missing, and even a pair of expensive Clarks shoes Shocked I must search around later if DD gives me time. Suggestions welcome and gratefully received! Laughing

I best go and make a start on the kitchen and take chicken out of freezer for tea. TTFN x

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next