homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Shopping

+6
mesh
SunnyMummy
froogs
TP
alec eiffel
lollyfin
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Food Shopping - Page 2 Empty Re: Food Shopping

Post  TP Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:00 am

its a bit of a chore might enjoy it more if i was mega rich.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:02 am

*likes tp's comment*

I've sent jim out to do it, but I'm annoyed at having to lose control! I like picking our food items, but as I dont' drive and one of us has to stay here with poorlybean, he's the one who had to go. also we've been living out of the cupboards for a month so we need to restock.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:10 pm

panorama tonight bbc1.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 pm

ooooooh yes TP. and ch4 at the same time is Dispatches, landlords from hell....BUT that'll also be on 4+1 lol.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:01 pm

agree i want to see both.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Did anyone watch the show last night? What did you think?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Most of it we know dont we? I dont think supermarkets really care just out to get your money. People will still carry on using the big 4 though.

lots of shops do that was and now thing you just know it never cost that much in the first place its just them trying to make you think wow i saved all that.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Why would they care? They're businesses not charities after all! Dan used to go mad at the "rollback" thing on the rare occasions we went to that shop they were generally "misleading" to say the least. But I guess it would come as news to people who are watching the prices for the first time, not the folks who wander round with a price book and a calculator Laughing

I guess frugal types aren't the target audience for this kind of show though, just for those of us who like a good shout at the telly (I didn't watch it tbh)

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Didn't watch but I'm guessing from what you're saying that it was about the offers that are aimed at mking you buy different or extra and aren't actually going to save you money really. There are a lot of people who don't realise that ok something may be on offer but if it's going to work ut more expensive than what you usually buy or you wouldn't usually buy it then it's not actually a bargain! It takes me ages to do the shop as I work out what is actually the best deal which often is not the thig with he big splashy offer stickers all over it! It's one of the reasons I shop online (that and the kids fighting in the trolley seats) but we've got to brave the supermarket today as OH has his Christmas vouchers now and they don't work online. Wish me luck!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 pm

There was an interesting piece about fruit and veg the big differences in cost when bought loose or packaged.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:42 pm

TP wrote:There was an interesting piece about fruit and veg the big differences in cost when bought loose or packaged.

I have to admit I don't have as much sympathy with people falling foul of that. It does say on the shelf labels the cost per kilo or whatever so all you have to do is compare the numbers.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 am

alec eiffel wrote:
TP wrote:There was an interesting piece about fruit and veg the big differences in cost when bought loose or packaged.

I have to admit I don't have as much sympathy with people falling foul of that. It does say on the shelf labels the cost per kilo or whatever so all you have to do is compare the numbers.

I know what you mean but people don't tend to even read them simply because they are unable or unwilling to try to work it out as their basic maths just doesn't exist. Rolling Eyes
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:35 am

Aisles wrote:
alec eiffel wrote:

I know what you mean but people don't tend to even read them simply because they are unable or unwilling to try to work it out as their basic maths just doesn't exist. Rolling Eyes

Fair enough, but people can't then blame supermarkets for being misleading in this regard.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 am

alec eiffel wrote:
Aisles wrote:
alec eiffel wrote:

Fair enough, but people can't then blame supermarkets for being misleading in this regard.

I completely agree
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:19 am

[quote="alec eiffel"]Why would they care?

They claim to care though thats the thing. They say we dont intend to mislead our customers etc.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:41 am

[quote="TP"]
alec eiffel wrote:Why would they care?

They claim to care though thats the thing. They say we dont intend to mislead our customers etc.

That's very true. It's weird isn't it, if we met a person who kept telling us they had our best interests at heart, they were doing all this stuff for us and just wanted what was best for our family we'd think they were a bit creepy but when it's a company like that we lap it up!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 am

went into supermarket today and Mr Kips mince pies were on sale at two different prices? Hows that? I mentioned it to the cashier she said she would get it changed, bet she forgets and dosent bother.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2