homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday 1st September - what you up to?

+8
tooties
TP
stiltwalker
life_in_termoil
Anne
2boysmum
alec eiffel
PurpleIvy
12 posters

Go down

Thursday 1st September - what you up to? Empty Thursday 1st September - what you up to?

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Morning you peeps! It's a lovely day here - well at the moment. I'm just about to start work finishing a jacket. Then some serious homemaking required, as DS has his mates round for beer and pizza tomorrow. Belated 18th celebration with a few friends. HM pizza, HM brownies and icecream, choc sauce. The kitchen scales aren't working! Have ordered some new ones, but think I will need to borrow for tomorrow.

Must write some lists and rally the troops.DD insured on the car from tomorrow for three weeks till she goes away (Italy on teaching placement for 9 months Sad Very Happy both sad and happy!) so she can do the shopping.

Choir tonight - I belong to an all female fabulous a capella group. We're having a recruitment drive 'Singin' in September' where people can come and try us out, so a bit different to usual.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Thursday 1st September - what you up to? Empty Re: Thursday 1st September - what you up to?

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Sounds like a fun packed day in Cheshire (when isn't it I ask myself?)

The Ocado man has just been *hooray* so now I am free to waste my time as I choose. Time for a cup of tea I think! Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Thursday 1st September - what you up to? Empty Re: Thursday 1st September - what you up to?

Post  2boysmum Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 pm

As I left my job yesterday, today was my first day of freedom, sadly it is not turning out how I hoped it would be. Feeling really poorly, have a temperature and can't stop coughing, to the point where I think I'm going to be sick, got no sleep again last night. Workmen have turned up to install a new electricity supply so the power will be going off at one point, they just don't know when, so can't put on the washing machine.
DH has just phoned me from work, he will be popping home at lunchtime to get some paperwork so will bring me in a McDonald's for lunch (feeling sorry for me) and he is taking us out for dinner on Saturday to celebrate me stopping work! Not all bad just wish this horrible cough would go as it's draining me
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Can't believe it's September already !!!
Today I'm taking my nearly 17yr old into work, then doing some shopping with my 14yr old. Probably have a meal out together and catch up, because she's been away for a week, and we start back with homeschool next week, and I want to have some chill time with her :-)
It's my hubbies birthday Saturday, so want to see if I can see something he'd like. I have a double birthday coming up at the end of the month.
Out of my 10 children, I have two sets of them sharing the same day, though they are different ages, so on the 22nd Sept I have one daughter who will be 21 and the above mentioned daughter who will be 17. Also, on the 4th Dec I have a son who will be 26 and a daughter who will be 19. In June, my youngest who is 14 (daughter) has her birthday a day before my eldest who is 33 (daughter) So I nearly made it a hatric :-) lol. My eldest grandaughter's birthday is a day before mine also in June lol and close to my girls :-) and my youngest grandaughter's birthday is a day after my 23yr olds (daughter) So, there's a chunk of us all together lol.
Sorry. Totally off topic :bball:
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Im chewing a frog!!!
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Car still in garage so stuck at home again - they had a mechanic call in sick and he was the one with down to replace our brushes (long job) so didn't get done. Boss has promised it for today as going down southshire tomorrow for a night. So stuck in again, time to get ironing done and something for my parents to have for tea tomorrow with DD, that is if DS actually lets me put him down for longer that 5 minutes without shrieking! If car is done in time we'll go over to parents in law to sort out MILs new toy (ipad), well my technical advisor will be dealing with that I can post on forums and submit assignments for my ou course electoically and that's about my limit! Embarassed

Have a good day peeps.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:32 pm

sunny here. Ive been swishing and swiping and some general cleaning. I walked into town its lovely out and did some errands and got some shopping. Laundry done and on the line.

Might get the chair and go and sit out in a bit.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  tooties Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:11 am

hi everyone,
so far have managed most of my horrible, boring wee daily jobs, and i have been having a massive declutter,
have cut up old clothes so hubby now has 2 binliners worth of rags to take to work.
think i might have a short nap once i leave here Very Happy
regards

tooties

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:13 am

I'm making Sunday Lunch for tea, broth for tomorrow and a blackberry crumble - I'm stressed! lol
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:14 am

Downstairs still looks like an explosion in a hay barn but I have exercised so that's a partial win. The man is coming home early *yay* and we're having curry for tea. All this and it's sunny, surely not?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Chipps Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:21 am

I'm at home now. Went out to lunch earlier with my mum, grandma & niece. It's a beautiful day here. DH has not long come in from work (finished fairly early today) and DS has come in with his fiancee - it's her birthday today so he took a day off work & they have been out to lunch together.

I rang the garage to book the car in for its MOT, & the only day I can get is the day its due - I hope it passes!!!! The garage has a promotion on at the moment for £10 MOT tests, so it is very popular.

Anyway, not the most enthralling day - but at least the weather's good & the washing got dried! Oh, the things that pass for excitement in my life!
Chipps
Chipps

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:37 am

I've made my second batch of apple chutney of the year. That took me all day, as you can't rush peeling & coring apples.
Sat in the garden & spent time on here and MSE.
Walked the dog but no home styling though. I am really rubbish.
Maybe tomorrow I can chew some frogs or something.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:54 am

I have done nothing today except sleep and be on here, i feel really 😢
hopefully i will feel better tomorrow because the house is starting to get out of hand, a couple of days of me not doing much and it looks like a bomb site
I am sitting looking at the mess but dont have the energy to do anything so it can just stay there Embarassed its not like its going anywhere unfortunately Very Happy
sorry for being a moody moo will be back to chirpyness soon
big hugs (and no germs)
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:14 am

lollyfin wrote:I have done nothing today except sleep and be on here, i feel really 😢
hopefully i will feel better tomorrow because the house is starting to get out of hand, a couple of days of me not doing much and it looks like a bomb site
I am sitting looking at the mess but dont have the energy to do anything so it can just stay there Embarassed its not like its going anywhere unfortunately Very Happy
big hugs (and no germs)

today is probably the worst of the lot lollyfin. I dare bet you'll be a lot better tomorrow. I hope so anyway! Sad
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:18 am

lollyfin wrote:I have done nothing today except sleep and be on here, i feel really 😢
big hugs (and no germs)

Hopefully taking it easy for a few days will get rid of the bugs faster, sometimes you need to do what your body says, & if it needs to rest so be it.
Hope you're feeling better soon
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 am

Awww thanks guys thats really nice of you
tomorrow i will feel great..positive thinking is the way to go
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:28 am

get better soon.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down