homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday October 6th

+5
appletree
2boysmum
alec eiffel
froogs
TP
9 posters

Go down

Thursday October 6th Empty Thursday October 6th

Post  TP Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Morning,

What are you doing today?

I am off to voluntary work this morning. We have a discussion group today. We sit round in a circle and discuss things that have been in the news or anything else anyone wants to talk about. Razz Then I shall nip into town after and do some shop banking and a few other errands then home.

TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Thursday October 6th Empty Re: Thursday October 6th

Post  froogs Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Have fun today TP.

For me, my sister is coming over with her little one so I shall have some company. I can't see I will get much house work done though, housey isn't too bad I suppose.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Morning,

Today I am taking the plunge and getting some paint onto my wallhanging *eeep*. I've painted the background but need to add more colour now. Bit nervous about it but I'm sure it'll be fine. It's super windy and chucking it down with rain today so I'll be very much indoors. Mt new Frank Lloyd Wright book arrived yesterday so I might read that. And someone has asked me to do a "getting organised 101" article for another forum I visit so I've been working on that too.

Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  2boysmum Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Today I'm going into the boys room, said I wasn't going to tidy it again for them, but it's starting to irritate me now and just want it tidy and nice again (not long decorated it for them).
Hubby got a huge shock this morning, checked his online bank and electricity DD had went up from £70+ to £170, he was furious as they hadn't even sent a letter to say they were putting it up, anyway got it sorted and turns out we are using 17 units a day, I don't really know much about it, but the lady on the phone was telling him how many units everything uses, so no more tumble dryer for me!! Have hung washing on airers but don't know how I'm meant to keep on top of all the washing we go through. Good thing is we are in credit with the gas so can put the heating on if I'm a bit chilly, don't want to do that though as I'm sure we'll need all that extra credit when the winter really comes in, so just an extra cardi for now.
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  appletree Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Morning! Is nice and sunny but chilly here, have put washing on airer in house, am off out later and worried it will rain like yesterday and if it does, I won't be here to bring it in. Slow cooker on got chilli for tea, just cleaned kitchen, having 5 minutes now then go clean living room Thursday October 6th 2961018439 these smilies do make me chuckle!
appletree
appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi appletree!

Well, I've painted the first bit of the wallhanging, I only think I'm so worried about it because it's so very very black! Leaving it for a while now so I don't overwork it.

Time for a cup of tea and a bit of a sit I think.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Afternoon

cleaned upstairs so thats all done, sun is shining and its a bit windy, washing out so should be dry soon, now there are some clouds....grrrr go away, getting a little cooler so need to shift myself and get the backdoor and windows closed. Ironing done, cleared up, time for me to start some crocheting me thinks... Thursday October 6th 2853251097 I like the new emoticons too!
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:01 am

Been sorting out more thing for the charity shop, if I'm going to donate and get rid up junk its more economic to take a boot full!
Almost discovered my dining room, well its never been a dining room, it did have a pool table in for yrs, sold that in April then put a dining table in. Both kids returned their uni things for the summer and it seemed to get used to store any junk! DS just dumped loads of box's bags and didn't look at them until the before he went back.
Need to line the curtains in there for the winter and hope to revamp the curtains with a boarder to make them different, don't fancy buying 4 new pairs of curtains, will measure up later for the material.
Waiting for the rain to stop then I will put out the recycling ready for tomorrow, also pop out and post some letters.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:09 am

today i have been with ds1's nursery class for a walk in the woods, and it was bloody freezing!! its now tipping it with rain and very cold here so not much planned for today. really really need to go and gut the kitchen, but now ive sat down i cannot be bothered lol not much planned for the rest of today. play with my boys and chill! nice hot baths and early pj's i think!
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 am

I've tidied my wardrobe, cleaned the bathroom and hoovered throughout. There are a couple of shirts to iron and a two minute tidy to do in the living area, I'll do half an hour or so on the exercise bike then that's me for today other than the washing up after tea.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:12 am

Today I did school with DD. Started a new topic with her about current economical events, and comparing today's times with the 1930's and war years. While chatting with her I asked if she wants to cook today, which she said yes, then followed a conversation along the lines of
"Ok, I'm doing lamb chops tonight in the oven, need to get them in by 4pm so your cookies will need to be in the oven by 3.40, we need to be in the kitchen between 3.15-3.30"
"Why so late? I want to do it earlier."
"We're fuel saving."
"How does doing it later save fuel?"
"I don't want to turn my oven on having it heat up, cook the cookies, then turn it off and it cools down, only to have to be turned back on to heat up again to cook dinner"
DD shrugs shoulders, and resists the "whatever" lol.
Hope you're all having a good day.
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down