homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toothbrush question

5 posters

Go down

Toothbrush question Empty Toothbrush question

Post  TP Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 am

Do you all use an electric or a manual and what do you think of the differences? Are the electrics really best? I am not sure if this is why but I had an electric one and put a new head on last week. It was so hard I think it might have caught my gum while brushing and given me the problem I had last week. The dentist didnt really say if it was that or not. I am now using a manual with medium bristles. Feels odd. I am so used to the electric? Do you get a better clean?

Has anyone else had to be careful with heads on an electric one?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Toothbrush question Empty Re: Toothbrush question

Post  alec eiffel Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:30 am

I used to have an electric one but now I use a manual. I asked my dentist and he said for my teeth just any old toothbrush would do, he was more concerned that I flossed so I just buy whatever is cheapest when I go to Home Bargains.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  mollieblogs Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:51 am

I have used an elecric toothbrush for over 10 years now. At the moment I have a sonic one. I used to suffer with gum problems when I used a manual but since I changed to electric they have been fine. If I ever have to use a manual one now I don't feel as if I have cleaned my teeth!!
mollieblogs
mollieblogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 am

funny you should say that. I was going to put that in my original post. The clean dosent feel the same. Do you find the brush heads abit hard when new?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  mollieblogs Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:56 am

Hi TP

No, to be honest I never have a problem with new heads.
mollieblogs
mollieblogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:37 am

anyone else?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 am

I've used both.

With a electric the direction is only one way with a manual you can change the direction you brush in different ways.

I find the best is to use a small headed brush and then use those inter dental brushes that you poke inbetween your teeth like the floss.

I find if you're not careful floss can cut your gums and make them not only bleed but then of course you have an open cut germs can get into Sad
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:58 am

I use a Sonic toothbrush and you just place it gently on your gums and let it do the work itself so it is like a tickle. The dentist told me not to press it on to my gums and I can't really see the bristles move. Since I have started using it (about a year) my gums have improved considerably (they used to bleed quite badly and had to go every 3 months to have them cleaned) and I went today and the dentist was really pleased and said they are the best she has seen since I have been going to her, she has put the cleaning back to every 6 months and now they hardly bleed. I didn't pay a lot for mine, I got it from QVC and it came with 4 brush heads and an enclosed case which sterilizes all the heads with blue light when you plug it in to charge, it was under £30.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:59 am

PS. the heads on my sonic toothbrush are really easy to change, they just slip on and off. I did have another sonic brush before this, another make, and I broke it trying to get the heads off.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:03 am

sounds good.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content