homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have the strikes affected you or your family today?

+3
alec eiffel
flibsey
TP
7 posters

Go down

Have the strikes affected you or your family today? Empty Have the strikes affected you or your family today?

Post  TP Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:31 pm

Are your children off school etc? Has it affected you and how?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Have the strikes affected you or your family today? Empty Re: Have the strikes affected you or your family today?

Post  flibsey Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:19 pm

it's not affected me at all. even if sophie was at school at the moment, hers is open.
i think my sister has gone to work with my mum because sister's school is shut, but mum's isn't. she's going to be painting scenery aparently.
my aunt is on strike (head of media studies at some academy or another in the midlands), as is my uncle (something in council property up in scunthorpe).
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Have the strikes affected you or your family today? Empty Re: Have the strikes affected you or your family today?

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Dan is on strike so it's affecting us in that we'll have a day's less cash next month along with all the other strike associated stuff. He's gone off to the borough where he works to a rally type thing this afternoon. Really hope this is the last one, I find it really stressful and it just makes the future seem so uncertain.

He had exemption last time there were strikes because the housing stock transfer from the council to housing association had to go through on that day and he was the person who had to make sure it happened! He didn't like crossing the picket line even though he had to.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Have the strikes affected you or your family today? Empty It has affected us.....

Post  MissyG25 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:59 am

It has affected us in a good way though! The sun was shining this morning, so we went out on the bikes and cycled around! My youngest was in nursery so it gave me and my son a chance to have some one to one time together.
This afternoon was spent watching a film and having cuddles on sofa! Cant all be bad lol

MissyG25

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:44 am

I went on strike today. I was given permission from my homeschooling daughter. She wanted to spend the day with her friends lol :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:43 am

Nope my kids school was open Very Happy
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:14 am

alec eiffel wrote:
He didn't like crossing the picket line even though he had to.

hubby gets the same feeling. he's not a union member because he's still unsure about whether or not joining the RMT is a good idea, but whenever there is strike action planned he either has time to book it as a day off or if there's not enough time to book, he's miraculously "ill".
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 am

yes. i work at the high school that my daughter attends.

the school is shut today to pupils and although im not in the union or striking i had to have the day off to care for her so i will lose the money.

we have had a lovely day out christmas shopping. ive no complaints xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:06 pm

No they didnt here.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down