homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about your family

+10
alec eiffel
flibsey
Anne
PurpleIvy
Bitsy Beans
Teresa
2boysmum
stiltwalker
knitmylife
lollyfin
14 posters

Go down

Talk about your family Empty Talk about your family

Post  lollyfin Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:43 am

I thought it would be nice to share a bit about our families

I have an OH,4 kids and 2 dogs
My OH was 40 this year and works offshore
My kids are 3 girls, one aged 20 (Im sooooooo old!) shes a chef and hoping to work offshore soon, one 16 year old, has not got a clue about anything Laughing and a 12 year old who has just started big school. I also have a son who is 12 and dyslexic, yup blessed with twins haha
I have two dogs that are my furry babies and i wouldnt be without them.
My parents live just down the road from me with my sister and their two dogs.
Not much to say about them except that me and my sister do not get on at all, theres 12 years between us and we have never had much of a relationship which is a shame but just the way it is
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Talk about your family Empty Re: Talk about your family

Post  knitmylife Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:18 am

ok here goes then.

i also have an OH he is 47. im 44. we are both on our second marriage. when we met we each had two children. he had two girls then aged 3 and 5 and i had two boys then ages 4 and 1.

we had our daughter together (who is the only one still at home) after 5 years together and got married after 9 years together. we have now been married 7 years.

hubbys parents are both dead but he has one brother living locally. my parents are very much alive and a big part of our lives. i have one sister who also lives locally and i see on half terms and holidays.

the older children are now 18, 20, 21 and 22. the 22 year old has a baby who is now 2. so we are grandparents too.

we have a dog who is 6 and who dd and i love dearly and oh hates xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:22 am

knit that is so funny about the dog
we used to have a rabbit that me and the kids loved but OH hated, he claimed he was allergic but i think he just didnt like it especially when his eyes swelled up Laughing
your house must have been so busy when the kids were all growing up!
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:26 am

it was lolly. and i loved it.

its so quiet now except when they all come round which is bedlam now they all have partners too. plus we moved from a 6 bed house to a 2 bed house when they all left so it suits us until they all visit - lol x
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:37 am

We bought our 3 bed house when the twins were 6 weeks old and thought we would stay here for 3-4 years and then buy somewhere bigger....didnt happen so it has been a bit of a squash....but there is no point now as the kids are starting to move out.
I know what you mean about when they come round with their OH's. DD20 lives with her BF and they come round a couple of times a week for food so if OH is home and they come round and if DD16's BF is here as well thats 8 peeps all pretty much adults in my kitchen Shocked choas total choas
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 am

Hi all,

I'm 33 and I have a lovely OH who is starting to panic about turning 45 in January! 2 lovely children DD who is 2 1/2 and is hypermobile and is just about starting to walk with a bit of help (either hands or walker) and DS who is 4 1/2 months an is not going to stay a baby for long as he's already trying to crawl and swiped his sister's sippy cup and started drinking from it this week! That's our lovely family complete and so I'm sending off to the hospital later this month - I've told him it's his turn! Laughing

I've been married before (to a pillock!) but OH never has and so I'm planning to make an honest man of him next October.

I never planed on kids until I got together with OH and changed my mind overnight much to everyone's surprise and was pregnant with DD 3 months later! Before I had her I have had an eclectic career starting out as a professional stiltwalker through trainee tax accountant to most recently chef running a Dales tearoom. I'm now doing and OU degree in Childhood and Youth Studies hoping to do the sort of support work that DD is allegedly getting (but really the service is currently very poor!) helping families and kids with additional needs to access services and providing support. I'm not going back to work until they are both safely at school and even then I am looking to be part time at least for the first few years as I want to be there for them.

I have one brother but he lives the opposite end of the country with his family so we don't get to see nearly enough of them. My parents live in the Lakes and are young retired so we see plenty of them - my mum often comes down and takes us out to lunch! My OH's parents are much more elderly although his mother is still very spry but we like to make sure we pop in on them at least once a week. OH's brother and family aren't quite as far away as mine but still too far to pop in for coffee - it's an overnight trip really.

That's the simple version but anything else is much to complicated to explain!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  2boysmum Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:40 am

I'm 36, DH is 40 we have 2 boys 15 and 7. Youngest has Dyspraxia so is constantly falling over and hurting himself and has a lot of problems in school that we are still trying to sort out.
We have 2 cats and 2 dogs, so full house here.
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:10 am

well in our house its me, dh and our 2 sons, youngest was 2 last week and eldest is 4 next week! i work part time 2 days per week, dh is full time. not sure there is much to tell lol

next year when youngest is nearly at nursery i am going to think about going back to college, not sure what to do but i would love a career when they are older. Life has been turnt upside down for us this year. MIL's health is deteriating and will shortly need dialasis or a transplant if one is available and my own dad has been left disabled and now suffers from serious health conditions after contracting swine flu (he was previously healthy)
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:59 am

There's me, 36, H who is 39 and 2 kids. DS aged 6 who has high functioning ASD and DD who's 3 and already as school termed it "strong minded" Laughing is that teacher speak for a little madam. We have one killer cat who looks so cute and small but she's a ruthless assassin who routinely supplements her diet with the local birds Shocked

Life is always busy, hardly ever quiet in our house but wouldn't have it any other way Very Happy
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:05 am

Me 'n' hub.

DD is 21, did gap year (Volunteered in Sweden and Mexico), has done 2 yrs European Studies ( Spanish & Italian) and is now on a British Council Assistantship placement near Milan teaching English to 6-8 year lds for 9 months. Then final year in Uni.

DS just taken to Durham today to start Uni career in Natural Sciences (Maths and Physics)

Had guinea pigs but nnot any more.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 am

I'm 53, hubbie 55. We've been married 34yrs this Saturday coming. We had 10 children, Eldest is 33, youngest 14. Out of the 10, I homeschooled 7. The two eldest are girls, then two boys, then a girl, a boy, and four girls. Making it seven girls three boys.
DD 1 is a head chef
DD2 is a technical advisor for a computer firm. They are a British firm local to us, but when my daughter married an American, and moved over there, they asked if she'd carry on working for them from her home, which she does. She has three girls aged 7, 4, and nearly 2.
DS1 was a computer programmer. Worked for the same firm as DD2. They created the job for him. Sadly he died when he was 19, 9yrs ago, as a result of a car accident.
DS2 lives in Cardiff. He lately worked for a jewelers in the centre, now works in a watch shop there.
DD3 is assistant manageress in a local Fragrant shop.
DS3 is a janitor.
DD4 has just done four years at college. Sports and recreation. Now working with DD1 as a comi chef. She's interested in nutrition, and might take a road down that way sometime, linking it with the sports etc.
DD5 is at college. She's doing child care. Wants to be a teacher, teaching children with special needs.
DD6 is a sales assisant. Couldn't get the college course she wanted, as they cancelled it. So will try again next year.
DD7 is still being schooled :-) At the moment, her interests are in nutrition, and food prepartion.
Out of the 10, I still have 5 at home. All girls. OH out numbered as the only other male inmates are the pets :-)
DS3 has just moved in with my mum, who moved to be near me 3yrs ago from Poole. My dad has dementia and is in a local care home. Mum lives next door to DD1. They are about a 3min walk from my house. As already said DD2 is in the States, and DD2 lives in Cardiff.
Phew.That was tiring lol
We have a cat, a black one, who is slightly deranged, and crazy :-) Not safe to smooth for too long as he will attack you !!!! Far more vicious than the dog. We took him on at 12wks from a young lad 11yrs ago. The lad wasn't very kind to him, and the cat was very traumatised when we got him.
We also have a Rottie, who really belongs to DS2 who now lives in Cardiff !!! The dog is a BIG softie, much safer to touch than the cat lol.
So that is my little family info :-) Love them all to bits :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:39 pm

wow anne! I don't know how you coped!!!!

I am 28, married to jim who is 33, and we have sophie who is 6 in feb.
I have two half brothers and a half sister. I'm 10 years older than B1, 12 than B2 and 14 than Sister. My mum is bi polar and the less said about my upbringing the better; but she's well medicated and cared for now. so well in fact she's got a nearly full time job and is a normal person... nobody would ever guess to be honest. stepdad is a lovely man who needs to be commended for his support of mum.

hubby has two brothers and two sisters in law. older brother is 39 and a trainee train driver. hubby is an engineer for the same company. funnily enough their grandfather was a train driver, and he started as an engineer as well! younger brother is an architechtural technician. older sis in law is a texan vegan who is at uni training to be a nurse, and younger sis in law works in a nursery. all 4 of them share a house.

jim's parents are divorced. his dad lives part time with a woman called lorraine, and his mum is remarried to a wonderful man called harry. sophie thinks the sun shines out of harry's bum!!! sophie knows she's special because she has 3 grandads.

jim and i met in 2002 at APU in chelmsford. he wasn't a student at that point, I was. I lived in halls with his younger brother and we were good mates and still are. after my first year i moved back home and lived in hell for 3 months, moved back to uni and 3 month in had a breakdown. I was on completely the wrong course, home life was terrible etc. jim took care of me even thought we'd only been together about 4 months. after my second year I moved in with jim and his dad and paid rent to his dad. this was hard as we rubbed eachother up the wrong way, and also hi girlfriend at the time (now known as The Widow Goodchild or Hotlips) was even harder to live with.

eventually I dropped out of uni, jim stooped working for his dad and we were both unemployed for about 6 months which was very hard. then we both got good jobs around the same time! he started work where he is now, and i worked for the local newspaper. we saved for a rental deposit and furniture and moved out of his dad's house.

I worked for a year and got pregnant just after we married! literally, soph is a honeymoon baby. first in 5 generations of women on my mum's side to not only give birth in marriegae but to also conceive in marriage too. I know it seems like a strange achievment but my great gran was so proud.

anyway, pregnancy was normal, but horrible as I have a hip disorder I was born with and it was hard to cope with my hip constantly dislocating. then came the birth.... during sophie's birth I suffered an AFE and a combination of that and a consultant's arrogance nearly killed me. I've been left with many health problems because of it.by the grac of whatever, sophie is perfect and we both survived. we didnt find out it had a name until sophie was nearly 3... basically i had two consultants present at her birth. one who claimed I was faking everything and being a drama queen (I think he shut his mouth when i fitted, had both resp and cardiac arest and went into a coma post c section) and one who happened to be walking past at the time i was fitting and took over. he'd seen an AFE in ghana and knew that if i could be resuscitated, i'd need massive doses of antihistemines to keep me alive. he saved my life... but guess who i got to see at my 6 week post partum check? so. yeah. i was tld they didnt know what'd happened and thinking it could happen again, jim and i took the decision for him to have the snip when soph was 9 months old. I am still glad he did because 1. there's a higher chance of AFE if it'd hapened once before, but it's such a rare complication nobody can say for sure 2. we cant afford another and 3. we'd never cope with another lol!!

I have severe depression and PTSD.

so that's me.

flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:43 pm

In this house there is me, my husband and two house rabbits. We're childfree by choice so the house is as rowdy or peaceful as we want it all the time.

I have two older brothers, Dan is an only child but has a step brother and four step sisters. My parents live about an hour and a quarter away from here in Cheshire. Dan's family live about 50 minutes away in East Lancashire. We see my parents about every 6 weeks - 2 months, Dan's dad maybe 4 times a year and Dan's mum and step dad about once a week. That's about it really.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:12 pm

There's me and Mr Tp been together a very long time. Very Happy I have a son who is 21 who lives away from home in another town. Mr TP's parents are dead, mine are still alive. We have siblings but they dont bring us any happiness so i wont bother talking about them.

Nice to hear about everyone.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 pm

how do

I'm 50 years young but today feel decidedly older, married to Ian who is 60, been married 20 years and we have both been married before. No children from our first marriages and none from our marriage despite every available medical intervention/help. It appears I make antibodies against the little tadpoles. Both dog and cat are now deceased and thinking about getting woofa... not sure at the mo. tho. All parents deceased, I have an elder brovver who I havent seen in over two years (he has a serious drug problem and it upsets me too much), OH has younger and older sisters and he speaks to the younger one at least twice a week.

A household which is a bit quiet and could do with a bit of noise injection every now and again! Very Happy

mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 pm

ah twins lolly. I always thought i would like to be a twin. Do they like being twins?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:37 pm

they actually wouldnt look at each other for the first 9 months. we would put them face to face and they would turn away i think they had had enough of each other in the womb Laughing
you wouldnt know they were twins at all to look at them. since they have started the big school and met kids who they ahvent grown up with a couple of them have asked my son if his sister is his girlfriend because they are always talking and spend time together, you can imagine his response" urgh no yuck thats my sister!" Laughing
they are always there for each other tho and heaven help anyone who picks on one of them
they are close and i hope it will continue as they grow up. my son has already discovered the positives of having a twin sister tho.....her friends Laughing
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  cat_smith Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Our household is Me and DH and very hairy woofer. No children by choice. My PIL live about 40mins away and have 2 SIL. Both recently married to naval officers. My parents down in London although we see them fairly regularly. My sister recently married and also lives in London.

DH is a surgeon, I am a self-employed part time accountant. Left the rat race a few years ago with mental health problems and am on lots of medication so I take things day to day.

Dog rules the house. He was my choice for company (although secretly DH adores him as long as he doesn't have to walk him!)

cat_smith
cat_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:46 pm

. my son has already discovered the positives of having a twin sister tho.....her friends Laughing [/quote]

ha good one Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 am

There is me and my daughter. I have a mum, dad, stepdad and 2 siblings. My daughter does not live with me as she has left home now.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:00 am

my sister has a big birthday today we havent spoken for about 3 years now though. Embarassed Shocked Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down