homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

little extras to make money?

+4
TP
helen jelly
froogs
Admin
8 posters

Go down

little extras to make money? Empty little extras to make money?

Post  Admin Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:34 am

I am signed up to a few survey sites, ive also got the usual loyalty cards although they drive me mad. I look out for freebies too. I just made a very good free £100 by changing my bank account.

Admin
Admin

https://homemakers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

little extras to make money? Empty Re: little extras to make money?

Post  froogs Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:53 am

I tend to dabble in ebay myself and like my cashback via quidco. I like to collect nectar points and treat street via Boots Advantage card
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  helen jelly Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:06 pm

I do the Ebay thing, Quidco and supermarket points

Anymore and it involves spending much more time on the internet and I do enough of that now!!!

Helen
helen jelly
helen jelly

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:57 pm

i just remembered i log mailings on a site and get paid in a high street voucher. Its easy work although not very busy at the moment, they are a reliable company and pay out ok. They sometimes ask if i know anyone in other areas of the country who would be interested so i will post if they mention any areas where they need someone.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:27 am

I know through facebook that a mum at the school gates hired out her son (that sounds awful doesn't it) for modelling to Reid furniture. He's on their website, the little boy playing on the handheld computer sitting on the sofa.

Anyway, I don't know how much she got paid for it but I don't think I could do it. I like to protect my little ones from the internet and plus I couldn't spend any money that they earned, I would have to treat them with it, maybe a day out somewhere.

Would you do it? I guess if the little one (he is 8 ) is up for it then what is stopping you.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:07 am

We used to be mystery shoppers which was fun. I can't remember how but the man found his way onto a testing panel and would toddle off to Manchester to taste food and drinks every now and again. I was also collared by a bloke at Asda (no I wasn't messing with the yellow sticker person) and invited me to be a part of their panel - £30 a go, well worth it, they're usually there at teatime as that's when most people say yes as they generally don't have their children with them apparently. So keep an eye out!

I used to do test beauty products too but it was a few years ago so I can't remember how I got into it. I got a fair few bob out of Pinecone too, when we were in debt we used the LV's to go to starbucks as our fortnightly treat. Oh those were the days.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 am

i used to do mystery shopping and checking cinema ads and reporting on them and the audience reactions. It was called cinecheck back then but think it goes under something else now.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:51 am

alec eiffel wrote:We used to be mystery shoppers which was fun. I can't remember how but the man found his way onto a testing panel and would toddle off to Manchester to taste food and drinks every now and again. I was also collared by a bloke at Asda (no I wasn't messing with the yellow sticker person) and invited me to be a part of their panel - £30 a go, well worth it, they're usually there at teatime as that's when most people say yes as they generally don't have their children with them apparently. So keep an eye out!

I used to do test beauty products too but it was a few years ago so I can't remember how I got into it. I got a fair few bob out of Pinecone too, when we were in debt we used the LV's to go to starbucks as our fortnightly treat. Oh those were the days.

i do pinecone and we used it towards the shopping. Very good survey company. Everyone always wants to get on board.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:20 am

I used to do loads of surveys but Pinecone were the best as the payment was instant - no having to save up points and all that stuff and they sent the vouchers really quickly :cheers:

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 am

have you stopped doing them now?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:24 am

Yeah, I've not done them for a few years. Once we were out of debt I stopped doing a lot of that stuff. I don't know why I think it was just because whenever we used them it just made me feel like we were skint (which we were) so very much like white rice it's just something I don't do now. Weird how the mind works.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:48 am

I sold a little bit of gold. My mum gave me some gold cufflinks that she didnt want anymore they belonged to my uncle who died ages ago. I also sold an old ring i didnt want anymore. Obviously this is not a regular income as most people dont have an unlimited supply of gold they dont want (wishful) Smile but if you have anything its such a good price at the moment. Smile I find it best to go into a jewellers shop rather than a cash converters type place.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:52 am

We sold a load of stuff too to get the debt snowball rolling - it was about 8-9 years ago, we sold most stuff through Amazon. It was really depressing at the time but I don't feel too bad now as it was mainly technology, so it would all be defunct now anyway, being in debt obviously did have its plus points after all!

I had a could of bits of gold and even before the price went up we did ok going to the jewellers, I agree with you loads better to go direct than to a gold cashing service or cash converters.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 am

another one i just thought of i used to fill out a food diary for TNS and get a voucher. I have to say it was quite a bit of work filling out what the family had to eat every day, and how it was cooked etc and what you used, what time you ate etc. I suppose when you have done it and forgotten about the voucher comes in handy though. I dont do this anymore though.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:21 am

TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:26 am

i changed my bank account recently i got £100 you can get abit more through cashback i believe.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:33 am

tenerifeprincess wrote:i just remembered i log mailings on a site and get paid in a high street voucher. Its easy work although not very busy at the moment, they are a reliable company and pay out ok. They sometimes ask if i know anyone in other areas of the country who would be interested so i will post if they mention any areas where they need someone.

if your in Canterbury, Farnborough or Portsmouth let me know as they need people there atm?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Someone turned up at our house last night to do a survey, he asked Dan if he'd fill in a follow up survey, he said yes and the man said he'd get £15 for doing it! Unexpected bonus.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:42 pm

I am currently selling on ebay. do this about 4 times a year and make a reasonable amount. Have done car boots but none this year as most of my junk ehm valuable objects are now gone! its amazing what people buy. Also sell on facebook to my local area. just sold two stools within 2 hours full asking price.

I too have done secret squirrels and thoroughly enjoy doing this. wouldnt mind doing it again.

My OH pointed out to me that I am sat on the most valuable object which I can sell!!! cheeky sod.... Shocked
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:43 pm

TP wrote:i just remembered i log mailings on a site and get paid in a high street voucher. Its easy work although not very busy at the moment, they are a reliable company and pay out ok. They sometimes ask if i know anyone in other areas of the country who would be interested so i will post if they mention any areas where they need someone.

yes please, I would be interested...... I live just outside Cambridge....
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Dan has been invited to join the Sky Arts forum thingamy. If he posts, answering their questions about the Sky Arts channels and Sky tv in general he gets a £20 Amazon voucher!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 pm

thats good how did they invite him?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:06 pm

He subscribes to the Sky Arts newsletter, last week there was a survey included and her filled it in. There are only 50 people on the panel at the minute so I guess he was selected because he's male and in the youngest age group.

So far they've just asked him which other sky channels her watched, does he have any extra packages like films or sport. Then questions about what he watches on Sky Arts, what does he think of the opera coverage and what else would he like to see.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:10 am

Having 3 gardens I grow my own fruit and veggie and exchange some with 2 friends for fresh chicken eggs.

Supplus fruit and veg that I can't store when I have large gluts is sold, made into preserves and jams and sold on.

I also give some of it away as I alway grow far more than I can use especially the fruit as I have a 8 fruit tree's and numberous fruiting brushes.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:07 am

aisles i want your life xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down