homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'keeping an eye on our grocery spends' Thread

+9
mesh
knitmylife
TP
Bitsy Beans
PurpleIvy
flibsey
lollyfin
alec eiffel
froogs
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The 'keeping an eye on our grocery spends' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'keeping an eye on our grocery spends' Thread

Post  Teresa Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:44 pm

well i have just spend the last while meal planning and writing a list of shopping that i would need monthly and weekly. have came in at 130 (4 weekly) for all the things that are dried/can be frozen etc and will need a further £30 per week for fruit/veg and dairy things that i buy weekly. if i can acheive to spend £250 4 weekly then i would be amazingly happy. i just bought £50 of meat on thursday so i have enough to do us at least a fortnight which gives me the extra pennies to plan to go 4 weekly!
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

The 'keeping an eye on our grocery spends' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'keeping an eye on our grocery spends' Thread

Post  lollyfin Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Its amazing how much you can save and how much you actually have in once you look at it.
I have put down a month of meals using up the meat in the freezer but could easily do another month using the beans, lentils and grains i have just OH and the kids would not be happy if i did Razz
total update

lollyfin £13.53/£100

this was for toilet roll, milk, fruit,coffee,eggs and choc it is an essential Very Happy
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:47 pm

I did an inventory too. I'm going to have fun being creative with food. lollyfin, same here and same problem of fussy family here too lol.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:31 am

i did a little top up shop yesterday which was £29.90. had to be done. had no fruit or veg etc.

so £32

is there a way to look at the last post i read without having to try and work out where i was up to??? just a thought.

by the way that £30 ish went on the credit card. bad i know but i have NO money at all xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:16 pm

hello

did my main shop and it came to [b][color:d8e1=red£29.30] on Friday and topped up a minor shop yesterday at £4.10

total of £33.40

mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Larger shop than planned last night but we've bought all our lunch stuff for the rest of the month and things like that so won't complain too much.

household £6.84
dairy £7.39
bread £3.33
pantry £18.65
treats £0.78
drinks £4.29
"other" food £5.84
f&v £10.33

total £57.45

£77.98/£150

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:33 am

£114.54/£240 - just bought some toiletries
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 am

my budget is £240, but do have a lot still in so hoping to have this drastically reduced, hoping to spend max £20 this week, £10 on things we need and DH does like a few little 'luxuries' as i call them, 5 pack of sweets (i only but if £1) and a multipack of irn bru!! i cant really complain though as i essentially get all his wages (joint account) and he gets £10 a week (which he is happy with). just realised this seems like a small amount but he takes lunch and drinks to work which are out the shopping bill and this is for him to spend on what he likes.

£0/£240
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Not small at all Teresa. My DH works long hours for us and only ever gets his fishing bait or a book or CD out of his wage. He's a happy little chappy with that.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:51 pm

well my hoped £20 spend is blown out the water this week lol!

spent £23.83 on some shopping yesterday and dh got some wellies so he can join us on our muddy walks, plus if we get weather like last year hes got them! today have spent £3.45 as needed some bread and nappies and ive promised ds1 a cake for nursery tomorrow as its his birthday on tuesday and nursery breaks off tomorrow for 2 weeks and he always tells me when they have had cake for someones birthday! still in budget though, (if only just, still need to pick up few things for ds's bday too.)

£37.28/240.00 (22.72 left for this week and £202.72 left for month)
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Seem to do nothing but shop at the minute

dairy - £2.20
household - £2.70
bread £1.53
other food £0.49
pantry £2.35
f&v £1.80

total £11.07

£89.05/£150

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:26 am

I have completely lost count with not feeling great but am determined not to buy any more meal stuff just necessities
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:45 am

And still the spending comes!

Household £12.62
f&v £1.10
bread £2.70
drinks £1.00
dairy £1.20

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:06 am

i have lost count on what i spent when but i must have overspent last week but i did have extra things to buy so my budget for this week is £30 but i have plenty food, just fresh things i will need. im determined to stick to it aswell

£90/240
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:22 am

now at

£100/240
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:01 am

opps i completely forgot but my total for the month was £440. about £200 more than i needed it to be.

onwards and upwards. will try to reduce again this month xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:06 pm

I gave up recording it here as no-one else was really posting. But I have just over £4 left, the pantry is full and there's enough veg to get us to next week. Heinz beans were on special offer this week and we still had enough cash left to take advantage of that and buy a couple of bottles of beer so all's well.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:51 am

we are £120/240 and a little bit more i think, not much though, generally pleased.
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:06 am

genuinely i forgot.

im not critising but i do find it quite hard to see where ive posted before and what i would like to look at again.

on another forum that i am on the threads i have commented on appear on a different list/ highlighted so it is easy to go back to them iykwim x
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Anyone doing this for November?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm going to try. I always start off with good intentions then slip by the wayside :-( Done well today though, and the majority of tonights meal is using up stuff hanging about, that would be in the bin if left any longer, so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Anne wrote:I'm going to try. I always start off with good intentions then slip by the wayside :-( Done well today though, and the majority of tonights meal is using up stuff hanging about, that would be in the bin if left any longer, so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself :-)
Anne x

Good stuff Anne. I just had a poke about and found some stuff that needed using and so have made some curry, chilli and a winter veg pasta bake. No fresh veg left and tea for the next three nights done, plus some leftovers *yay*

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:29 am

:-) It's fun thinking up meals with odds and ends :-) I've done a veggie casserole from veggies left over from a very generous veggie box, just had to buy a swede and parsnip and onion, the rest of the veggies, leeks, pumkin, lentils, tinned toms etc I had in. I forgot to buy some suet esrlier while out, so made dumplings from SR flour, baking powder and herbs, all stuff from the cupboard, and they're looking good :-)Then, as I had some cheese and bacon needing to be used in the fridge. I made a couple of pizzas for the non veg casserole eaters in the household. I did buy some Mr S. basic garlic bread to go with it. The house is smelling like a dream :-). I'm hoping to not have to buy much this week, and use up cupboard, fridge and freezer stuff.
Anne x
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:33 am

That all sounds yummy, veg casserole and dumplings sounds particularly delicious. I have requested pizza for this weekend - Dan is the breadmaker here and I love Saturday night pizza!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:54 am

:-) Same here. I make two (7 of us at home often having extras breezing through lol) My 19yr old had one piece so I asked her if she'd had enough, and she yes, it's so filling. If I buy pizza I have to cook more, because they just don't fill up!!! The casserole was lovely. More like a rustic chunky soup. Enough for dinner tomorrow as well, What's left after that I'll freeze down :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next