homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you keep your house smelling fresh?

+5
stiltwalker
flibsey
PurpleIvy
alec eiffel
TP
9 posters

Go down

How do you keep your house smelling fresh? Empty How do you keep your house smelling fresh?

Post  TP Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 pm

I love glade air freshners but its costly. Is there a cheaper way to keep a nice smell going? Not that my house smells lol but i love having the air freshner smell? Do people still use pot pourri? Its still costly though?

like to hear what you all do?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

How do you keep your house smelling fresh? Empty Re: How do you keep your house smelling fresh?

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi,

I don't do anything. I have the windows open every day but that's about it. I think the living area sometimes smells of rabbits so I clean to keep on top of that but I don't like artificial smells so do without.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

How do you keep your house smelling fresh? Empty Re: How do you keep your house smelling fresh?

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:32 pm

I hate the airfreshener smells and lots of those plug in things make me sneeze. We don't have pets. Baking bread freshens things up, if I've been cooking fish or curry I might light a joss stick.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:43 pm

I don't like air fresheners. I use open windows, or for a boost I use inscense. I also sprinkle the carpets with cheap washing powder instead of shake n vac.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:00 am

I use shake and vac and i like glade spray fresh laundry smell. I also put some fabric conditioner in a spray bottle and water with it, shake it up and spray it round on the bedding and cushions. Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:08 am

I'm not a fan of air fresheny smell things as they tend to make me sneeze apart from the really expensive ones that have no synthetics! My house usually smells of food cooking TBH as mostly there is something on the go. Bread rising at the moment. Will be tea on the go in 5 minutes.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 am

I usually just have the windows open
having 3 daughters my house usually smells of whatever perfume or deodorant is their favorite at that moment, they have no restraint and just schoosh all over the place, it is nice but boy makes me and dogs sneeze
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:56 am

doors and windows open here all year. cant stand artificial smells of any sort so definitely none of those here.

i usually find keeping the house clean keeps it smelling fresh.

xxx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 am

The smell of the washing drying in the flat is nice.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:26 am

I can't stand air fresheners either, they make me sneeze. I never shut windows, unless it's very very cold.
I sometimes dilute some essential oils & spray it around, if I'm aware that its smelly, or a dab of it or your fave perfume on either a rad or light bulb means that when they get warm you can get a waft it.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Rosie wrote:I can't stand air fresheners either, they make me sneeze. I never shut windows, unless it's very very cold.
I sometimes dilute some essential oils & spray it around, if I'm aware that its smelly, or a dab of it or your fave perfume on either a rad or light bulb means that when they get warm you can get a waft it.

I've seen that tip before it's such a good idea. I don't wear perfume though which is a bit of a drawback! Having the smell lingering on me makes me feel ill whenever I get a waft of it. Love smelling perfume on other people though. Not that I go round sniffing people you understand Very Happy

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:08 pm

yes good tip.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down