homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone make anything and sell it?

+13
flibsey
Rosie
lollyfin
PurpleIvy
froogs
wendy
stiltwalker
Bitsy Beans
knitmylife
csarina
alec eiffel
life_in_termoil
TP
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

does anyone make anything and sell it? - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone make anything and sell it?

Post  flibsey Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:06 am

thanks!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

does anyone make anything and sell it? - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone make anything and sell it?

Post  marciared Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:01 am

I think its great all you who make things.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:11 am

oh makes burgers, grillsticks, kebabs. Laughing Laughing
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:07 am

I do lots of different things I used to sell mainly at craft fairs

Now I tend to sell via word of mouth, parties, and via ebay.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:13 am

I finally sold something via folksy!!!!
gift tags. woo!!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:17 am

yay.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:29 am

flibsey wrote:I finally sold something via folksy!!!!
gift tags. woo!!

wooohooo well done Very Happy
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Well done :-) What is folksy like, is it like etsy ??? I've been reading up about etsy, mainly for my daughter to sell things on. Is there any difference between the two???
I went to a craft fair on Saturday, and there was some great stuff there. We ended up spending to much, but I love what I bought :-) Some of the sellers were very willing to chat about the stuff they'd made, and costs etc, which I thought was good of them.
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:08 pm

the difference is folksy is a british based company. the original reason I went with folksy was it was free, but now they charge.... they're still cheaper than etsy though I think.

etsy will get more coverage, but I was on there 3 months and not a bean. mind you I've not been on folksy about 5 months now!

also etsy sellers are kind of snobbish, a lot of them have very little artistic talent and then bitch about how they're not managing to sell anything, and I don't like how etsy allows stuff like this to happen...

http://www.regretsy.com/category/compare-and-save/

flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:33 am

flibsey wrote:the difference is folksy is a british based company. the original reason I went with folksy was it was free, but now they charge.... they're still cheaper than etsy though I think.

etsy will get more coverage, but I was on there 3 months and not a bean. mind you I've not been on folksy about 5 months now!

also etsy sellers are kind of snobbish, a lot of them have very little artistic talent and then bitch about how they're not managing to sell anything, and I don't like how etsy allows stuff like this to happen...

http://www.regretsy.com/category/compare-and-save/

Well now that's shot in the foot for etsy

I nearly joined etsy but the issuse of buyers details being shared about was a big problem due to our Data Protection Act. I know it was also a big problem for the Canadian sellers on etsy.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:28 am

Thank you. That's very interesting :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 pm

I have been thinking of making cakes and selling them. Been making cupcakes and practicing icing them with buttercream and posting pics on my facebook page. Bought a giant cupcake mould but not used that yet. I am making a carrot cake today for my Mums birthday tomorrow and topping with cream cheese frosting.

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:32 am

loving life wrote:I have been thinking of making cakes and selling them. Been making cupcakes and practicing icing them with buttercream and posting pics on my facebook page. Bought a giant cupcake mould but not used that yet. I am making a carrot cake today for my Mums birthday tomorrow and topping with cream cheese frosting.

If you intend to do this you really should do your Health an hygeine certicate

Also you need to get liability isurance if you are going to be selling food items.

Also contact your tax office as you'll need to be registratered as a small buisness.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  loving life Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:02 am

Yes I know, but thanks anyway.

loving life

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Fri May 04, 2012 10:58 pm

ohhh hi 'loving life' I was wondering how you are getting on with the cake making?

I hope you are finding good customer's who are willing to pay a proper price for all you hard work.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Sat May 05, 2012 2:22 am

I now have folsky shop here's my addy http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2