homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you use small shops?

+12
lollyfin
the_cat
juliapenguin
SilverBird
wendy
knitmylife
fuddle
Red Doe
life_in_termoil
alec eiffel
Rosie
TP
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you use small shops? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you use small shops?

Post  alec eiffel Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:24 am

Since I first posted here we've decided to ditch Amazon. We had a massive splurge there a little while ago and what has happened? Loads of those bargains have gone unread. Plus I am especially annoyed at the "like new" second hand books I got. Their idea of like new and mine obviously vary wildly. It's just false economy for us. Dan has joined the library where he works and I'm going to join where we live, we have the second hand bookshop and the local bookshop. Between them we'll get everything we want and a few surprises too I should think.

We've bought most of our Christmas gifts from local shops so I'm happy with that. The only things that are from chains rather than local shops are branded items we couldn't get in the town.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:29 am

flibsey wrote:
marciared wrote:I use Aldi, Lidl and Iceland and the Pound shop and Savers. Not much money Embarassed

personally I find aldi to be comparable with tesco and asda on veg. no checked lidl. I don't like iceland's froen meat but their fresh stuff is ok.

Their super 6 I find are unbeatable for value. I do tend to use the veg mostly. I freeze some as well for time to time for adding to soups, stews and curries eg courgettes, peppers. We don't have an independent here any more.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 am

PurpleIvy wrote:
flibsey wrote:
marciared wrote:I use Aldi, Lidl and Iceland and the Pound shop and Savers. Not much money Embarassed

personally I find aldi to be comparable with tesco and asda on veg. no checked lidl. I don't like iceland's froen meat but their fresh stuff is ok.

Their super 6 I find are unbeatable for value. I do tend to use the veg mostly. I freeze some as well for time to time for adding to soups, stews and curries eg courgettes, peppers. We don't have an independent here any more.

I like amazon for listening to the tracks well a sample of them. I like going in a record shop for a look round. Also it tells you whats out. In this shop they have a board with the latest album releases and i didnt realise Kate Bush had a new cd out.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:55 am

I used to use our local corner shop, but it got taken over and made into a mini supermarket and the prices went sky high so I avoid it now if i can.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:16 am

I went into town earlier and noticed we had lost some more small shops. Three Cooks bakery gone into administration and a small butchers and fruit and veg shop side by side.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Sad

I am going into town later. wonder what I'll find missing?!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2