homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What little things do you like to do at Christmas Time?

+2
TP
Aisles
6 posters

Go down

What little things do you like to do at Christmas Time? Empty What little things do you like to do at Christmas Time?

Post  Aisles Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:48 am

DH and I love to take a walk with the dog around the estate in order to see what lights, decorations people have put out. We started doing this about 5 years ago and we really look forward to it.

We come back and DH has a big glass of mullied wine while I either have my hot fresh orange and cranberry with ginger and cinamon drink ( my own receipe) or a hot choccy. The dog gets his favourite treat a yoghurt Laughing

Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

What little things do you like to do at Christmas Time? Empty Re: What little things do you like to do at Christmas Time?

Post  TP Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 am

nice post. We Go to the victorian Christmas Fayre this weekend. Next Sunday they have carols in our local park and we may go to that.

Christmas itself just chill out, eat and watch TV, maybe go for a walk, as the Xmas week is hard work for oh and as he is s/e he dosent get many days off.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

What little things do you like to do at Christmas Time? Empty Re: What little things do you like to do at Christmas Time?

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:02 am

I'm not sure yet, but I'm really looking forward to developing some traditions. This is only the second Christmas we've had here but we didn't celebrate last year because Dan's step dad was really ill.

We always go to the Christmas market in Manchester, that's a tradition we're carrying over from where we lived before. Other than that I don't know. Hopefully it'll involve lots of walking on the beach.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:15 am

When we stop at my parents' for Christmas we go down and sing carols with the brass band around the tree in the square of the next little village on (weather permitting of course), Last time we were there not last year but the one before someone was doing mulled wine from the back of their car for donations to help the heros - hope they are there again! When we're home we go to the Christmas carol service at the village church on Christmas eve.

We always have buffet on Christmas eve wherever we are and make plenty so that after Christmas day with leftovers from the buffet and from Christmas dinner we don't need to do any more cooking for days!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  rosesnan Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:23 am

We go to the carol service at our local church and we alway walk so we can look at everyones lights and decs
rosesnan
rosesnan

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:48 pm

my mum and I have a tradition of going to sainsbury's at near closing time on xmas eve as they reduce everything perishable, and they used to give away free veg as they closed. last year I couldn't go with her so my sister went instead!
it's a tradition now after doing it for 19 years!!!! we buy a snack and a drink to have in the car too. not necessarily something festive, although one year we bought a tin of chestnuts hahahaha!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 pm

hope you find something good.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:56 pm

thanks. I'm still not sure if jim is working on xmas eve so that will denote whether or not I am the one going with mum. I was incredibly jealous of my little sister last year, but aparently she's built better for elbowing people out of the way of the reduced meat (she's very tall and quite stocky) lol!!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:11 am

chill out.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down