homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weather...and things to do today

+6
alec eiffel
SunnyMummy
life_in_termoil
froogs
Rosie
flibsey
10 posters

Go down

weather...and things to do today Empty weather...and things to do today

Post  flibsey Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:39 pm

I don't know what it's like for you people, but here the heating put itself on this morning, which means it got bliddy cold overnight... therefore it is time that I announce the commencement of BLOOMER TIME. yes people, it's time for your thermal undies to come out of hiding.

later on I'll be going into town with some friends and having an all you can eat chinese buffet to celebrate our children's return to school.
child has decided that as it's baked potato day at school, she wants school dinners today so all I have to do before the school run is force her into some clothing and pour some food down her throat!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

weather...and things to do today Empty Re: weather...and things to do today

Post  Rosie Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 pm

At the moment it's nice here, fingers crossed it stays that wat to get my washing dried. Body warmer from charity shop, so will need lots of drying.
Off to walk the dog & then to my daughters house to finish the last bit of decorating & cleaning as there's a tenant moving in on Monday. Hopefully I'll never have to go there again.
I then need to start sorting my own hovel out.
Pull out all my winter suff.
Enjoy your buffet.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:31 pm

First day back to school today. DD is going to wear here winer coat, eve though there's a teeny bit of sun. It looks like rain and this time of year you never know when a cold wind will blow.

DD2 has her new winter boots on and will be wearing her new winter coat.

I'v pulled my autumn coat out to wear ( a thinish wool black one) but still wearing pumps without socks. weather...and things to do today 2244421188

yeah this is the start of wrapping up and cracking on with the jobs regardless. On the plus side - snug, cosy and warm
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Lovely sunny Autumnal morning here. The wind has died down from what it was yesterday, its not raining and I can patches of blue sky through the white and grey clouds. Hopefully it wont rain today (fingers crossed) as ive got washing out on the line and im at work at 3 o the kids wont think to bring it in so it needs to dry before I leave.

Ive got all the windows open and have got jobs to do so if it gets abit chilly I will just have to work harder!! Im determined no heating and no winter clothes till October at least.
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyMummy Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Good morning from a very wet and windy Lancashire Sad There is a bit of sun now and again but it soon goes to be replaced by dark rain clouds. Both DS's have set off with umbrellas and a plastic bag in their bags to put the wet brolly in once they are at school/college so *hopefully* we won't have any wet work books.

Tea tonight is Moroccan Chickpea soup for DH & I and veg and lentil soup for the boys with crusty bread followed by apple crumble and custard. Definitely got the Autumnal food here!

More washing and ironing today and hopefully more crochet this afternoon if I can stop reading the Christmas posts on here Embarassed

Have good days all whatever you are doing.
SunnyMummy
SunnyMummy

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Righteo todays list (and I'm raring to go now I'm back to being ready properly and already walked a mile and a half!) I do like the school run (when it's not raining that is)

In no particular order:

More of my crochet project
clean and tidy the playroom
cut willow branches for homemade 'wicker' wreath.
washing hung (going to be a radiator job today pale ) ironing put away
breakfast dishes washed
stairs and landing hoovered.

Off I go! weather...and things to do today 2961018439 weather...and things to do today 3545360127

froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:07 pm

I think my friend's little 3 year old will be the only child starting preschool today with a full on entourage! there are 4 of us. at least.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 pm

It's super windy here again today, the windows are covered with sand!

Today I am deep cleaning the main bedroom, so far I've wrestled the mattress topper and mattress off the bed, cleaned all the bed slats and hoovered underneath and behind the bed, spot treated a new marks on the carpet and cleaned the blinds (my least favourite job). Back to hoover the mattress and put everything back together.

Have a good day everyone!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Hope you enjoy your banquet flibsby..... love chinese food.

washing out as its blowey, dry and snatches of sun in suffolk, ironing now completed, summer packing for the loft completed last night just need to suck the air out of the bags and struggle into the loft with them !! Yikes.

curry already made for tea and am going to start sorting out my craft room ready for resumption of hobby and go for my walk this afternoon, an easy day today before the busy day tomorrow..

hope everyone enjoys their day and all the washing gets dried..... Very Happy isnt it nice that simple things make us smile and happy??
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:29 pm

froogs wrote:

clean and tidy the playroom and DD's bedroom Smile
breakfast dishes washed

Just catchig up on Pinterests (is there a slang name for these? like Tweets for twitter?) My blogs and here, having a cuppa then going to crochet. I feel on a roll today and the sun is out - washing is going out!! weather...and things to do today 1849994756
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 pm

froogs wrote:
froogs wrote:

clean and tidy the playroom and DD's bedroom Smile
breakfast dishes washed

Just catchig up on Pinterests (is there a slang name for these? like Tweets for twitter?) My blogs and here, having a cuppa then going to crochet. I feel on a roll today and the sun is out - washing is going out!! weather...and things to do today 1849994756

They're "pins".

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:18 am

weather dry and abit windy but not to bad.
Going to buy a small lawnmower today also bought a mouse on Sunday and it dosent work grrrr so got to take that back.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:29 am

TP wrote:weather dry and abit windy but not to bad.
Going to buy a small lawnmower today also bought a mouse on Sunday and it dosent work grrrr so got to take that back.

What jobs did you have planned for the mouse Laughing , sorry couldn't help myself

Well I've picked 95% of my tomatoes, don't think they will ripen outside now, dd bf as made some chutney with some smells a bit spicy
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:34 am

i know i thought that when i wrote it! Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:44 am

dolly blue wrote:
TP wrote:weather dry and abit windy but not to bad.

What jobs did you have planned for the mouse Laughing , sorry couldn't help myself

Well I've picked 95% of my tomatoes, don't think they will ripen outside now, dd bf as made some chutney with some smells a bit spicy

I've a lot of green tomatoes and haven't a clue what to do with them
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:05 am

chutney!!

flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:40 am

More of my crochet project very nearly completed Wink
clean and tidy the playroom and DD's bedroom
washing hung (going to be a radiator job today ) ironing put away
breakfast dishes washed
stairs and landing hoovered. and dusted

really pleased today, dinner in oven and the place looking tidy, the day has flown by and I feel like I have been organised. I earned my job title today and that makes me proud and fulfilled.

Looking forward to more graft, positive thinking and homemaking tomorrow.

Oh, and off after tea to faff about with my willow branches bounce weather...and things to do today 2873396784 weather...and things to do today 2244421188
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:42 am

I'm planning a bind weed wreath base this year, I heard about them on www.selfsufficientish.com and really want to try it.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 am

OMG flibsey, thanks for that.

I now know what that horrible stuff is that I keep having to cu back round the pond and decking... bindweed! So you dry it out and make a wreath with it? Off to investigate bounce

PS, thanks for self sufficientish - right up my street that is weather...and things to do today 2873396784
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:42 am

Well, eventually it looked just windy instead of wet and windy, so I hung a few things on the line....but it didn't get completely dry! I couldn't be bothered with hanging all the socks and pants (mega heap from kids) up so have been very naughty and put the TD on. It doesn't go on often, but the time between not getting stuff on the line and when the heating is on is tricky for getting stuff dry inside. It takes too long and stuff starts to smell.

I have been working on a t-shirt memory quilt for someone and thought I should get it done ahead of elbow injection tomorrow, as it's really heavy. Was just musing on the fact that I don't have very much paying work at the moment. Later on I got a call from someone who had been given my number by the designer I work for. Urgent job which will arrive on Friday. I think you have to be of a certain mindset to be 'freelance' and just accept that work will arrive at its own rate. I'm quite prepared to work 12-14 hours per day when I have the work. I need to make myself understand that there are advantages of having weeks when there is much less work. I can do other things then.

Kids and hub due back shortly, having been to a prom last night. They went to a shop beginning with H this morning and checked out the stuff I had sewn for my designer chap, who has it stocked there. Woop!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:57 am

froogs wrote:OMG flibsey, thanks for that.

I now know what that horrible stuff is that I keep having to cu back round the pond and decking... bindweed! So you dry it out and make a wreath with it? Off to investigate bounce

PS, thanks for self sufficientish - right up my street that is weather...and things to do today 2873396784

make the wreath, then dry it out. basically pull out a load of bindweed, strip the leaves (and burn them), coil into a wreath shape and then twist bits around to hold it. then leave somewhere warm and dry to dry out. should be perfect by first week of dec. (and on that site I'm MrsFlibble, on the acknowledgements page of the selfsufficientish bible I'm MrsFibble 'cos Dave Hamilton spelled it wrong before sending it to the publisher's.)

flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down