homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children going back to school next week

+5
alec eiffel
life_in_termoil
PurpleIvy
froogs
TP
9 posters

Go down

Children going back to school next week Empty Children going back to school next week

Post  TP Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:39 pm

For those with children/teens back at school etc soon how have your holidays been? :?:

Are they looking forward to returning and are you looking forward to them returning?

Chat here about anything related to back to school?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Children going back to school next week Empty Re: Children going back to school next week

Post  froogs Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:45 pm

I can't wait to have my routine back!

I love to get ready properly on a morning instead of 'that'll do'
I love my walk out to school because I feel refreshed and raring to go.
I love having a bit of free time.
I love having time to do my chores without being distracted by kiddiwinkles and going round in circles tidying up their mess.
I love having peace and quiet to study as I'm missing this just now.
I love sitting doing reading and homework with mine when we come home and miss the chat about the day.

My girls are bored too and want to go back to school. We all win in the end.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Children going back to school next week Empty Re: Children going back to school next week

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:57 pm

For the first time in 17 years I don't have anyone going to school. Uni doesnt' begin for ds till 2/10 and dd is on her assistantship in Italy from 24/9.
Empty nester? Moi? Don't think so!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:11 pm

woop woop woop roll on Tuesday!!!

I cant wait for the kids to go back to school.

It means:-
Get my routine back
Less electricity usage
more food in the cupboards
Kitchen stays clean longer
I get some peace n quiet to do my jobs
House stays tidy

But it also means:-
no more lie ins
Winter is on its way
Its nearly Christmas
and its my bday soon.

life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:20 pm

froogs wrote:I can't wait to have my routine back!

I love to get ready properly on a morning instead of 'that'll do'
I love my walk out to school because I feel refreshed and raring to go.
I love having a bit of free time.
I love having time to do my chores without being distracted by kiddiwinkles and going round in circles tidying up their mess.
I love having peace and quiet to study as I'm missing this just now.
I love sitting doing reading and homework with mine when we come home and miss the chat about the day.

My girls are bored too and want to go back to school. We all win in the end.

are you dressing up for the school run ha.

Have you read that silly piece of research that says mothers dress up, get a new haircut etc for the school run, trying to be impressive, because they dont want to be judged by others in the playground? Wonder who on earth they get to take part in these silly research things.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 pm

It means my peaceful back garden will soon be filled with the sound of yelling children! There's a primary school in the next street, goodness me those small bundles make some racket. I actually quite like it - other than on sports day when the head teacher gets hold of a microphone :affraid:

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:33 pm

lol at dressing up! I do make an effort because I like to look decent when I go out but I would do the same if i was going to the library or the local coop, not just for the school yard but there are mum's that have full make up on and posh stuff just to get out the car and walk 5 yards to the yard. Mind you there are mums who go in their pj's and i can't fathom that one out either
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:23 am

nooooo i so dont want to go back we have had the best holiday ever. done more than every and loved it so much.

dd however is looking forward to going back. she starts high school and is really excited.

i have had six weeks off also cos i work at the school so that might have something to do with my reluctance lol.

i have always loved the holidays tho even when we had 5 school kids.

its a time of relaxation and joy with the family. time to do stuff that we dont normally get time to do cos we are all at work/school.

i love holidays.

only 7 weeks till half term xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:07 am

I have really enjoyed this holidays, and it has gone far to quick.
Monday I re-start homeschool. One pupil left now, and she would be in year 10 if she was in mainstream school. I've tons of ideas, and quite excited about this terms work :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 am

Mine have been back for two weeks already yippee
it is good to have peace to tidy up and know someones not walking round behind you making a mess!
i have never dressed up to do the school walk, most i do is straighten my hair but i do that before i leave the house all the time. I remember 1 mum at my kids primary would show up every morning in full make up, hair perfect, high heels the lot and her kid eating a bar of chocolate for breakfast on the way to school Shocked
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 am

Laughing Laughing
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:13 pm

looking forward to:
not having to chase my tail keeping the place tidy.
having free time.
not having to have conversations all the flipping time about dollies, elephants, volcanoes, poo or CITV.
walking a mile a day at least.
having time to pop into town without having to get someone else ready first AND have an argument about shoes (no, you are NOT wearing your disney princess dressing up shoes to walk the 1.5 miles to asda).
being able to have a nap if I need one.
finding out if soph's wn the summer project competition, she's done really well.

not looking forward to:
loneliness; I LIKE my daughter's company. she drives me nuts, but she's amazing.
getting up early.
having to be well turned out; me AND her!! right now we're both in our jammies and it's 10 am!
having to try and remember things; I was in a coma 5 years ago and have been left with memory problems so I seem to have a notebook permenantly attatched to my hand!
schoolyard social crap. not sophie's, mine lol! this parent isn't friends with this parent, these are arguing etc...
arguments about clothing. No, Soph. School will not let you wear a feather boa, it's not part of the uniform. No, Soph. They wont think it's pretty.

flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Laughing Laughing
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:52 pm

bearing in mind this is what I had to let her wear to asda a couple of months back to avoid arguments...lol!!!

Children going back to school next week IMG_1512
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:58 pm

aWWWW how cute!
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down