homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you feel about the summer coming to an end?

+11
Anne
tooties
life_in_termoil
PurpleIvy
froogs
SilverBird
stiltwalker
lollyfin
alec eiffel
Rosie
TP
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you feel about the summer coming to an end? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you feel about the summer coming to an end?

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:44 pm

We've had the heating on twice this week. Once just for 45 minutes in the afternoon when it really was cold, the buns were cuddled up for warmth! And one evening Dan stuck it on for a couple of hours. It was gorgeous! It was boiling hot here yesterday afternoon though so more of that please!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about the summer coming to an end? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you feel about the summer coming to an end?

Post  SunnyMummy Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons although I love being able to dry washing outside when it's sunny - not that I had many chances this summer Shocked I am on some tablets to try to prevent migraines and one of the side effects is increased warmth so I can look a mess in the summer - all sweaty and red faced Embarassed Plus I find it easier to put more layers on and get warm than to cool sown if that makes sense!

I love winter cooking all those stews, hotpots, bakes and casseroles and enjoy being able to curl up with my blanket and read or crochet. I have made DH and the boys a blanket each too so we should all be snuggly warm. The excess gas bills are a worry especially with us not working (DH & I worked for the same company and were both made redundant in May Sad ) but the heating system is only 2yrs old and is an all singing and dancing combi boiler thingy. The council also re-did the roof, soffit boards and loft insulation in August so hopefully, fingers crossed, we'll be able to manage ok.

We all have fleece matress toppers, hot water bottles, warm pj's and socks etc thanks to the preparing for winter thread on MSE Very Happy
SunnyMummy
SunnyMummy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:27 pm

fleece mattress toppers sounds good never heard of them.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyMummy Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:57 pm

I got mine from Argos they're these oneshttp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1271058.htm

Hope the link works its ages since I did one! The toppers have been brilliant and very warm. HTH.

Last edited by SunnyMummy on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Checking link)
SunnyMummy
SunnyMummy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:06 am

They say some warm weather next week. Razz
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:37 am

I hate the loss of sunlight, but I love the colder weather.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Much as I love the winter it would be great if the weather forecast is right and we have some good weather this week!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:33 pm

alec eiffel wrote:Much as I love the winter it would be great if the weather forecast is right and we have some good weather this week!

I know! Could get temps of up to 25 degrees by Friday. My not so trusty phone suggests 21's where I am all week. You know what the sad thing is? I'm chuffed I shall get my washing dried outtside bounce Embarassed pale Shocked lol
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Me too! I've just set the first airer outside and it's great. It's always quite breezy here so I'm looking round for things to wash!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:41 pm

apparantely Wednesday is the day How do you feel about the summer coming to an end? - Page 2 300268043
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:41 pm

TP wrote:apparantely Wednesday is the day How do you feel about the summer coming to an end? - Page 2 300268043

I'll dig out my bikini Shocked

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:01 am

Dont know about bikini got my shorts on today though its lovely just my kind of day. Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:15 am

I wish this weather was just the start of the Summer not the end.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:22 am

Well, I got the sheets out. Lovely day, but shame I had to spend it on taking ds out shopping so he has enough clothes to last more than a week at Uni. He's not good at clothes shopping. It doesn't interest him.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2