homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could you live without Sky, how would you go on?

+4
Aisles
TP
Bitsy Beans
bildanto
8 posters

Go down

Could you live without Sky, how would you go on? Empty Could you live without Sky, how would you go on?

Post  bildanto Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 am

Quite well here now Freesat has come in. We did used to be Sky subscribers a few years ago but after having to raise complaints about being charged for a "free" deal we had taken up to watch films for so many months we decided to do without. Is it about £20 a month now for the starter packages I have lost touch as we wouldn't want sports or film packages. Sometimes I think we are missing out as there seems some good series on Sky One but my eldest is getting Lovefilm (he is paying) so I have noticed I can order the series I can't see on Freesat on there so have given him a list of what I want him to get. Think we are perhaps in the minority without Sky though now.

Last edited by bildanto on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra added)
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Could you live without Sky, how would you go on? Empty Re: Could you live without Sky, how would you go on?

Post  Bitsy Beans Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:22 am

We only have medium package on virgin so no music channels which I confess I still miss. However given kids bedtime routines (one of us has to sit with DS until he goes to sleep at 10pm due to ASD) I rarely watch much TV. Most of the stuff I currently watch are on terrestrial channels. Sometimes I see an advert for a TV show that looks good but never actually get around to waching it. Can miss what I never saw Wink

Take away my Internet however and I will flatline Shocked
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Could you live without Sky, how would you go on? Empty Re: Could you live without Sky, how would you go on?

Post  TP Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 am

we have the full monty with sky and love it. Very Happy Oh likes films and we love the footy and other sports so its well worth it for us. We would seriously miss it if it wasnt there. We dont spend alot on going out and never go to the cinema these days so its not bad value.

The last year we have also had hd free its well worth phoning up and asking what offers they can give you especially if you have been with them a while.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 am

We have cable and we found out if we had all the packages it was cheaper than just having the channels we do watch and we have our broad band with them and the second telephone line.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:48 pm

We got rid of sky last year, we only had the basic like op for the last couple of years after having it all for about 4/5yrs.
I kept the basic bit for DS who worked evenings so he could record crap Laughing , when he left for uni it didn't seem to get used or OH would record but didn't get around to watching.
Also if we had it now OH would watch more crap than he can now Laughing
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:03 pm

If we didn't like sport we wouldn't have sky at all. But we watch rugby league, football and ski jumping so we have it. It's worth the money to us as going to the pub to watch the games would probably end up costing us more in the long run - and the pub doesn't show ski jumping. Were it not for the sport the only thing I would really miss would be the opera on Sky Arts, but they show live opera at the cinema so we'd go to see it there more often.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 pm

I remember the days pre sky we either had to miss the game or once we went to a friend. A couple of times we went to the pub. Not our thing. You cant always see the screen either and you have to buy drinks and sit amongst people you dont want to be with.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 am

I have freeview HD here no sky. If i want to see a film I watch a DVD or go to the cinema.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 am

We don't have sport or movies but would miss the rest and the sky + recording and series link stuff as we have a very poor selection of freeview channels round here. Didn't have any at all until they switched off the analogue last November, didn't even have Channel 5! As it is our main entertainment (we only go out every 3 months or so) I don't mind the cost too much, but I will be glad to get rid of the extra cost for HD as I don't think it's worth it. We had to get it though as we were having so many problems with the old sky+ box and they kept replacing it with so-called reconditioned ones which had the same or similar faults. Couldn't even get any kind of deal as they knew we didn't have an alternative as at the time we had no freeview or cable in our area! Mad
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:26 pm

getting rid of hd as dont feel its worth the extra money. May try and do a deal with them later in the year. Razz
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down