homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Material for sun lounger covers

3 posters

Go down

Material for sun lounger covers Empty Material for sun lounger covers

Post  dolly blue Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I would like to have ago at making some covers for a sun lounger and padded chair, was thing something natural and cheap then fancying them up a bit. Would like to get the material online so buying a bit blind, calico would be a bit thin hessian a bit ruff was thinking a type of canvas any ideas anyone.
If I was buying out of a shop I would know by looking and feeling what I want
Any ideas tia
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Material for sun lounger covers Empty Re: Material for sun lounger covers

Post  Aisles Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 pm

You'll need a very heavy duty cotton or linen for strength.

You could also try a upholster as they often have very good materials and will sell you what you require.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 am

I had a lovely sun lounger, a 3 seater one with individual padded, buttoned cushions and paid quite a bit for it and after my children and dog had used it for a while I wanted to get new covers and just couldn't get any to fit and so disposed of it, shame as I loved that sun lounger.

Good luck with your search and hope you are successful in recovering yours as I still regret having to give up with mine as I am not at all handy and when I went to a local upholsterer they wanted almost what I had paid for the whole thing in the first place, frame and all.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum