homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the Bank Holiday Weekend - got anything planned?

+5
stiltwalker
life_in_termoil
SilverBird
alec eiffel
PurpleIvy
9 posters

Go down

It's the Bank Holiday Weekend - got anything planned? Empty It's the Bank Holiday Weekend - got anything planned?

Post  PurpleIvy Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:50 pm

I thought maybe folks would be busy so we could have a thread for this weekend for 'what are you doing today?'.

I've got a combo of work and homemaking till mid afternoon. got bro coming with his family, so catering for up to 8. Will be nice to have them here. I will probably treat my SIL to a manicure as well while she is here. DS taking the younger ones to the park/zoo/minigolf in the morning so please request some good weather for them. Hub will be reading his paper after a hard day's walking today and I will go with Bro and SIL to IKEA.

Going to make meatballs with proscuitto (or rather kids will LOL!) and lemon syllabub pud (James Martin) so kids can assemble that as well. Italian out tonight so no cooking bounce

Got large quantities of fiddly sewing to do for my designer, so short stints on that for good concentration I think.

How about you?
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

It's the Bank Holiday Weekend - got anything planned? Empty Re: It's the Bank Holiday Weekend - got anything planned?

Post  alec eiffel Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:32 pm

My parents are coming this morning to help us relay the rest of the patio area. Then we'll watch the rugby league Challenge Cup final and have a takeaway (we always do when the parentals visit). When they've gone home we might watch an opera. Tomorrow just some general puttering about then we'll be watching United v Arsenal in the afternoon. Not sure what we'll be doing on Monday.

Have a good time everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

It's the Bank Holiday Weekend - got anything planned? Empty Re: It's the Bank Holiday Weekend - got anything planned?

Post  SilverBird Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Nothing much planned for today, so far. I need to go shopping for a few bits and pieces so best get on with that so as to not waste the the day. Will sort out some lunch when I get back and then might make a few more Christmas cards this afternoon. It's been a busy week so am enjoying a quieter day today. We're been invited to a friend's house tomorrow for lunch. Afterwards I'll be uploading some listings onto eBay. No definite plans as yet for Monday although DS and family might be calling round. Hope you all have a good week-end and Bank Holiday.
SilverBird
SilverBird

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Im working today and tomorrow but off on Monday. Today and tomorrow I will be doing abit of home styling then on Monday im taking the kids into the city to watch some boating thing on the river and treat them to a McDonalds!
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:14 pm

OH is working all weekend and having mostly lived in touristy areas I grew up not going out on the bank holiday as places were so much nicer the rest of the year when they weren't so busy so it's fairly normal. We do have to go to the garden centre on Sunday though, which will probably be heaving, as we need to get some herbs. Going for a flying visit down southshire to visit OH's brother who has just come out of hospital after a fairly major heart episode and he's been told to cut out salt almost completely so thought we'd take some nice herbs so he can pep up his food without salt.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi,

Ive just popped on not usually online at weekends. I am going out soon to town. We have some street theatre and music performing as part of our summer festival so am going to watch that, also have some food shopping to do. Not sure what we are doing the rest of the weekend depends on the weather. Monday night we are at the theatre to see The Buddy Holly story i bought tickets for oh birthday. I love bank holidays and oh is looking forward to Monday off too.

Have a good weekend all and good to see you online.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:36 pm

alec eiffel wrote:My parents are coming this morning to help us relay the rest of the patio area. Then we'll watch the rugby league Challenge Cup final and have a takeaway (we always do when the parentals visit). When they've gone home we might watch an opera. Tomorrow just some general puttering about then we'll be watching United v Arsenal in the afternoon. Not sure what we'll be doing on Monday.

We will be watching too or recording and watching later who do you support?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:24 pm

We don't normally go out on BHol either, I hate crowds. We usually just enjoy the time at home.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  helen jelly Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:03 am

I have no kiddies today or DH so I'm having a massive clearout - 5 bags so far on freecycle, tomorrow its just me and DS and I've no car at the mo so a lazy day is planned and then on Monday its DS and DD and me [DH working] and again I'll have no car so another lazy day - we tend not to do anything on Bank Hols as its too busy everywhere!!

Helen x
helen jelly
helen jelly

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:15 am

tenerifeprincess wrote:
alec eiffel wrote:My parents are coming this morning to help us relay the rest of the patio area. Then we'll watch the rugby league Challenge Cup final and have a takeaway (we always do when the parentals visit). When they've gone home we might watch an opera. Tomorrow just some general puttering about then we'll be watching United v Arsenal in the afternoon. Not sure what we'll be doing on Monday.

The rugby? I was supporting Wigan Warriors but my team is Widnes Vikings (I'm a season ticket holder there). The footy I will be supporting United - my parents met on a train back from Old Trafford in the 60's so they rubbed off on me. The same can't be said of my eldest brother who supports Liverpool FC. There's no accounting for taste.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:44 pm

I am going to list stuff on ebay today, I can't keep my house tidy die to the amount of crap, oops, lovely stuff that has accumulated.
Also changing my name on here I think, if I can. Yes I can & have gone from hermum, for anyone who's interested. I've kept the same avatar.
I hope that everyone has a relaxing/productive day depending on your plans.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:38 am

We got home from Blue Anchor, near Minehead today. Just had a long weekend there. It was lovely. Took the caravan :-) There was a raft race there yesterday which was great fun :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:10 am

alec eiffel wrote:
tenerifeprincess wrote:

The rugby? I was supporting Wigan Warriors but my team is Widnes Vikings (I'm a season ticket holder there). The footy I will be supporting United - my parents met on a train back from Old Trafford in the 60's so they rubbed off on me. The same can't be said of my eldest brother who supports Liverpool FC. There's no accounting for taste.

United here too. What a win 8 goals.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:43 pm

tenerifeprincess wrote:
alec eiffel wrote:
tenerifeprincess wrote:

United here too. What a win 8 goals.

It sure was, I could hardly believe it! I think the penalty save will do De Gea the world of good too. Even better for me I have Phil Jones and Wayne Rooney in my fantasy league team. Sadly for me I also have Michael Dawson and Wojciech Szczesny! Still you can't have it all Very Happy

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down