homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello to all

+2
dolly blue
bildanto
6 posters

Go down

Hello to all Empty Hello to all

Post  bildanto Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself (thank you Jane for the link). I am a soon to be 46 stay at home mum to two boys, 21 and 10 years. I love being at home, I went back to work with my eldest but felt very guilty and dissatisfied and when my youngest came along I decided to be a stay at home mum so since his birth I have been at home. I love reading and play a couple of the facebook games and in the past did a lot of patchwork (I have a double bedspread I made when I was at middle school so was probably 11-13 years and I remember going to jumble sales and buying old clothing to cut up and make the spread so some of the material I had to work with is not what I would pick today) and cross-stitch but haven't done anything for a good few years. I also love collecting pottery. I have a little patterdale terrier who keeps me company in the day as I hate driving but live quite rural so don't have good public transport. Anyway enough about me, I hope to visit here every day and make myself some new friends, Mandy

bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Hello to all Empty Re: Hello to all

Post  dolly blue Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi bildanto I live in the sticks too, but I don't mind driving well I have to if I want to leave the house Laughing not keen in the snow have had a few scary moments.
Forgot to say welcome Embarassed
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi Mandy,

Welcome aboard.

I love Patterdale terriers, they are so cute! What kind of pottery do you like collecting, or do you just go for whatever takes your fancy?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Mandy,
Welcome to the forum. Smile
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Thank you for your replies and welcome. Re pottery I have a few different collections most of which I don't add to anymore. I love the Beswick Beatrix Potter figurines and the Bramley Hedge and Snowman figures, I was in the Lorna Bailey Collectors Club so have a cupboard or two full of those and now have started to buy a few Emma Bridgewater pieces. I am only interested in the Buy British brand really. My favourite piece is a Moorcroft piece (I only have one) with foxes in the snow that my husband bought me.

Yes not loving driving has its drawbacks when you live in the sticks it just seems to me that everyone is in a rush so I start to get nervous. Stopping work has not helped the situation since I don't have the daily commute any more. When the weather starts to get a bit better (again putting it off a bit) think I will have to venture out. My husband has suggested some driving lessons again to build my confidence but I am dragging my heels.

My dog is a sweetheart, we got him from an animal shelter and he is such a lovely nature. He is getting older now which saddens me as I lost my bearded collie when he was 14 and when you are at home all the time with them they are such good company.

Well we still haven't got rid of the snow from the weekend as we are quite high up so if we get another lot it will cause some disruption here.

Mandy x
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Some of that stuff is really cute and quirky. I really like 1960's German ceramics, I don't collect it though as I like to keep the house simple. It's enough to see it every now and again. I do own a couple of bits and pieces though.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Yes I have my "collections" in cupboards behind glass it cuts down on the dusting especially with a coal fire I would be forever cleaning if I didn't.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:16 am

Welcome to the forum and tell your friends. Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 am

Hi. x