homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats for Tea????

+12
stiltwalker
mesh
helen jelly
SilverBird
juliapenguin
wendy
knitmylife
lollyfin
TP
alec eiffel
Rosie
life_in_termoil
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whats for Tea???? Empty Whats for Tea????

Post  life_in_termoil Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 am

What you all having tonight?

We are having sweet n sour chicken and soggy rice!! (crap at making rice I think I over cook it!)
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Whats for Tea???? Empty Re: Whats for Tea????

Post  Rosie Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:14 am

I haven't done a meal plan yet so don't know, I've just ate my lunch.
I do have a lump of gammon festering in the fridge that I cooked last week, I cannot throw it away so I will need to do something with that, hopefully it won't give me food poisoning. It smells like smoked gammon & not rancid.
I may slice or hack it & freeze & then tonight make a thick stew with some of it & frozen veg, & lentils.
It feels like autumn here today, I'm freezing, I'd quite like to put the heating on. Or light the coal fire even better.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:17 am

We usually always have curry on Friday night but tonight I fancy lentil bolognase, so that's what we're having. If we've got any bread we'll have some garlic toast too.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:24 am

We will have a chicken breast fillet marinated and done under the grill with some flavoured rice or pasta. Easy.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 am

I had great plans but am going to the chippy cos my head is killing me Sad
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:20 am

dh and dd are having crabbie patties (from spongebob) which is actually just a fishcake in a bread roll - i dont like them but they love them.

im out for tea at friends and having tapas plus my dessert im taking which is orange cheesecake - yum cant wait x
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:43 am

we're having pork loin medallions, new potatoes, carrots (all from Lidl) and cauliflower and cabbage from my veg box....oh and gravy.

i'm starving and can't wait

Lots of veg so shouldn't hurt the diet too much Very Happy
wendy
wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  juliapenguin Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:15 am

knitmylife wrote: im out for tea at friends and having tapas plus my dessert im taking which is orange cheesecake - yum cant wait x

Can I come too? I love tapas so much - or any meal that consists of lots of little dishes... There's a fab Lebanese restaurant near us that does scrummy mezze. Num num num.
juliapenguin
juliapenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverBird Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:31 am

I forgot to get something out of the freezer so it's fish fingers for tea unless we decide to venture out to eat. (Nothing fancy, probably the local Harvester and their Early Bird Menu!)
SilverBird
SilverBird

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:10 am

Woop woop think I cracked the soggy rice thing I had going on. Usually I just pour rice into a pan, pour over water and boil for 20 mins!!

Tonight I actually measured rice and measured the water. No more soggy rice WOOP WOOP!
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  helen jelly Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:12 am

We'rehaving Tuna Pasta Bake - DH normally cooks but I offered to for tonight [must be mad!!] and as I'm rubbish at cooking it has to be something easy lol
helen jelly
helen jelly

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:54 pm

tonight we are having.....egg an chips!

I feel quite chuffed at being OS all week.... I bought a leg of lamb on saturday, OH deboned it and I stuffed with stuffing and dried fruit. Had this on Monday night with roasties, veggies and dribble, same again on Tuesday, wednesday hot lamb and onion baps (with HM bean and tomatoe soup), then minced left overs into shepherds pie bulked out with butter beans, onions and carrots and had this Thursday night and enough for Saturday night. So having a night off from lamb.... hmm having read that I now feel quite tightfisted! am surprised how far the lamb went. I would have frozen the shepherds pie but my OH has a flap on at work and it wont be finished until next week. This way, he has quick meals whatever time he gets in, bless..

mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Good on you mesh
i wouldnt say you were being tightfisted you were frugal, a clever shopper and green by not throwing away any of your food to landfill and using up leftovers Very Happy
that sounds better doesnt it
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Not tight at all mesh - creative! That's just what I do (just not with lamb as I'm not a big fan). My record is a full week (7 meals plus sandwiches) from a £10 piece of knucle end bone in leg of pork, and my OH does like his meat! I made roast pork, sunday dinner pasties, pork and broccoli lasagne, chinese stirfry, cold cuts and chips, pizza, and pork, courgette and aubergine pasta bake. I usually manage to get about 4 meals out of whatever meat I've bought for the week and the rest of the time its veggie and I'll buy a different meat each week, depending what's on a good offer.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 pm

not a clue yet, but it has to be something with leftover roast pork as that needs using up today.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:16 pm

not sure oh is organising.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:17 pm

we're having something from the greasy spoon cafe! ☀

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 am

lollyfin Today at 8:06 am
Good on you mesh
i wouldnt say you were being tightfisted you were frugal, a clever shopper and green by not throwing away any of your food to landfill and using up leftovers Very Happy
that sounds better doesnt it

Ohhhh sure does, feel better now, ta muchly!! when I opened the cupboard door I had ran out of spuds so had to walk to Mr S for some as I really really fancy egg and chips...

stiltwalker Today at 12:12 pm
Not tight at all mesh - creative! That's just what I do (just not with lamb as I'm not a big fan). My record is a full week (7 meals plus sandwiches) from a £10 piece of knucle end bone in leg of pork, and my OH does like his meat! I made roast pork, sunday dinner pasties, pork and broccoli lasagne, chinese stirfry, cold cuts and chips, pizza, and pork, courgette and aubergine pasta bake. I usually manage to get about 4 meals out of whatever meat I've bought for the week and the rest of the time its veggie and I'll buy a different meat each week, depending what's on a good offer.

Hmmmm Chicken is cheap this week so I am going to have a go at 7 days with chicken, roastie dinners (2 off) curry, chicken and leek pie, and soup. will let you know how I go on.. what are you having this weekend?

mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:24 am

This weekend we're having pizza on Saturday and leek and butterbean crumble on Sunday.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:56 am

we're having broth tonight with crusty bread. The best thing is it is already made and just needs a heating up (the worst thing is I no have time to tidy little DD's bedroom... almost done Sad )
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:45 am

tonight... spag bol made with left over roast pork.
child is having crap from the freezer because she requested a "roast". so she's having one emergency mini toad in the hole, some brocolli, a little stuffing (I make and roast a batch then freeze in sophie size portions lol) and some mash.
in the oven with her toad are two large potatoes for tomorrow. one is so big it will do both me and child!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:49 am

I now fancy everything that everyone else is having.
Lamb that can stretch to that many meals is brilliant, not at all tightwad.
I like anything that can be converted & rehashed to make something else.
One of my faves is pork hock, because it's only me I can make it last about a week, it's soup by then but still loads of flavour.
I quite fancy the egg & chips that has been suggested.
How does everyone else cook their home made chips?
I had done the slimming world oven chips for years using spray oil but they never really crisp much, so the other week I used a spoonfull or two of lard, what a difference. I'd forgotten how much better they taste & crisp up.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:51 am

how do u do chips the oven rosie?
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:57 am

froogs wrote:how do u do chips the oven rosie?

Yes, I slice then boil the potatoes, I don't peel mine, cook mine right through, drain & fluff the edges a bit by shaking in the dry pan.
Put the lard on a tray & heat up in the oven then toss the potatoes in the hot fat & stick back in the oven, turn them over a few times.
If I remember I put them on the chip crisper thing after getting them coated in fat, with a tray on the shelf below.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:52 pm

Saturdays tea tonight Wink
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next