homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

birthday parties

3 posters

Go down

birthday parties Empty birthday parties

Post  flibsey Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 pm

we worked out over the last couple of years that having a party for soph's friends at home isn't the cheap option once you factor in craft items to make games, prizes, food, party bags, drinks and nibbles for parents. her last one was for 8 kids and cost us about £120 all in. and we had to clear up afterwards.

this year she wanted to do something different, so we were going to take some of her friends for a mcdonald's happy meal and a go on their indoor play centre at lakeside, but within the last week we've gone from 5 kids each with a parent who drives to trying to fit 6 kids and 5 parents (one dad can't take care of an older brother while the mum takes sophie's friend to the party, so older brother must come with little girl and her mum) into two cars due to various problems... 1 family has lost their car due to MOT failure and no money for repairs, 1 has sold theirs quicker than expected and were going to use parent 3's friendship and car to go collect a new car, but parent 3 broke her foot yesterday and can't drive for 6 weeks... so I sat sophie down and asked her to pick something nearer.

she said Bowling. I looked at their pricing, one game of bowling per child, shoe hire, parent's entry fee, drinks, snacks etc was going to cost us about £14 per child, whereas an official bowling alley and quasar party includes: food and drinks for the kids, ice cream, shoe hire, free parent entry, 2 games of bowling or 2 of quasar of 1 of each, balloons, dedicated lane and kiddie weight balls (and ramp for the littlies), dedicated seating area for parents and I don't have to clean up all for £9.95 a head. they have a min party size of 6 kids. sophie only had 4 friends she wanted to come making 5 kids, so she invited the older brother who has no babysitter mentioned above (personally I think she's got a little crush cos she keeps making googoo eyes at him). so he gets to have the food even if he doesn't want to play with the 5 little girls. so for just under £60 I think we're getting a great deal, it's walking distance from everyone's houses as we all live really near the town centre (and broken foot mum will be getting a lift from us) and again, I don't have to clean up after it.

I'm excited!!!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

birthday parties Empty Re: birthday parties

Post  knitmylife Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:23 am

that sounds wonderful. im sure they will all love it.

we have done a few bowling parties over the years and its always been good fun.

hope you all have a great time x
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Children today are so lucky so many parties to pick from.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down