homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They are stuffing their faces

+3
PurpleIvy
TP
marciared
7 posters

Go down

They are stuffing their faces Empty They are stuffing their faces

Post  marciared Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:21 pm

On another forum it says are you still stuffing your face and list all the things they are eating and say they cant stop. Found it quite revolting actually that people have no willpower and are pigging out badly. pale Or is it me?
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

They are stuffing their faces Empty Re: They are stuffing their faces

Post  TP Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 am

Hope they go for long walks after all that. Fruits just as nice Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:04 am

Not allowed fruit at the mo! Sad
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Must admit I did eat ALOT over the festive break. Shocked and I daren't get on the scales. I spend most of the year watching what I eat and dieting, so I always give myself 2 weeks off at christmas.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:13 pm

I was in danger of stuffing my face, but it was because the stuff was there, so I chucked it out. I don't know why people buy us chocolates and stuff because they know we avoid stuff like that. But ikwym Marcia, it makes me feel *bleugh* just thinking about all that food!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 am

We try not to through out food that hasn't gone off as it's just a waste of resources and monies. So if we have leftovers we'll box and label them up for the freezer to use at a later date.

I'm not one for choccies all year around as I'd be so large I'd not fit through the doorway Laughing Laughing also they contain too much fat and sugar which tends to make me feel very sick.

I love receiving loads and loads at christmas then very slowly eat them and share them over the next few months with friends and family I even freeze some chocolate like easter eggs.

I'll be taking one box with me to the Arts & Crafts class I teach as it's huge and will take a army to consume Laughing Laughing
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 am

Well, I would argue that for someone to buy us something they know we don't want is wasting money. That's no excuse for me to wreck my healthy eating plan because someone else didn't think of us when they bought something. As someone who was formerly obese I know I can't keep food like that in the house because I don't have the willpower to keep it there even if it's frozen I'd eat it. So it needs to be out of the house. Congratulations to you if you are that type of person but I'm not.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:15 am

I know the feeling alec, why buy a caffeine free, dairy free household a starbuck's gift set... consisting of mugs (useful) caramel syrup (useful) and fresh coffee and massive chocolate coins, both of which wont be used?! why not just get us the mugs?!

oh well. my brother enjoyed the chocolate and my dad will enjoy the coffee.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 am

flibsey wrote:I know the feeling alec, why buy a caffeine free, dairy free household a starbuck's gift set... consisting of mugs (useful) caramel syrup (useful) and fresh coffee and massive chocolate coins, both of which wont be used?! why not just get us the mugs?!

Craziness flibsey. At least some good came from it, but don't you just sometimes think "do you know me at all?"? There must be so much cash spent on unwanted gifts doing the rounds at the minute...

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:27 am

alec eiffel wrote:Well, I would argue that for someone to buy us something they know we don't want is wasting money. That's no excuse for me to wreck my healthy eating plan because someone else didn't think of us when they bought something. As someone who was formerly obese I know I can't keep food like that in the house because I don't have the willpower to keep it there even if it's frozen I'd eat it. So it needs to be out of the house. Congratulations to you if you are that type of person but I'm not.

Over the years I've been obese and I've been anorexic so I understand what you mean. I've been a size 22 and I've been a size 8 and have always had to fight with my wieght.

I don't bake very often or buy in sweet or fattie things in very often due to this. I do find now that if I do try to over eat on sweet or fattie items I'm just left feeling extremely sick.

When I feel there's too much in the house of something that's full or fat or sugar and I'm too tempted to indulge I pack some of it up and pass it on.

I've given complete unopened boxes of choccies to friends before simply due to the fact I know I'm being over tempted to eat 'just one more'.

I don't know about yourself but I get the odd craving for chocolate but other time's I can simply pass on it and the very thought of chocolate came make me want to throw up.

I'm fortunate as I can take in cakes, biscuits, choccies etc into my Art & Crafts Class for my students to eat or take them into my Mother and Toddler Group for the parents/carers to either take home with them or eat.

I guess they thought you'd like something a bit special to eat at christmas compared with the rest of the year. People who don't have our worry about our wieght don't always understand. Sad

I know with my SIL who 6 years ago gave up chocolate no one really got it untill quite only recently. They'd send her chocolate and chocolate related food items which she'd give away to other people.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 am

flibsey wrote:I know the feeling alec, why buy a caffeine free, dairy free household a starbuck's gift set... consisting of mugs (useful) caramel syrup (useful) and fresh coffee and massive chocolate coins, both of which wont be used?! why not just get us the mugs?!

Aww bless at least they tired. Maybe they don't fully realise you don't like the usual coffee or cann't take dairy products. I know people don't remember I don't drink any kind of coffee or tea in fact I don't eat or drink any thing that has coffee in it.

I've been given the same kind of gift in the past and I've just taken what I don't use out of it and given that bit away just like yourself.

I suspect with all those gift pack items there's always something in them that the receiver won't like or use.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:15 am

I'm struggling with day 2 of being back on my healthy eating plan. I was sufficiently organised to send the rest of the mince pies with dd when she went to visit friends this week.

I have been given some chocolates at Christmas, one from my 'boss' (the designer I do some work for) and 2 from visiting guests. Boss ones got opened and shared and left on the table (there were 13 in the house). Box two is still fastened up, so will go in the cupboard till I get them out for after a meal when we have visitors. Number three was the problem, beautiful fresh and so rather short dated belgian chocolate truffles. Opened them on Monday night knowing I was starting again yesterday, had a couple (well, 3 actually!) so will now give a couple of the remaining to dd who was away and ds. Being very luxurious chocs there weren't many in the box.

Wouldn't you rather have something of super quality in a small amount, than a big box of something cheap? I would! The kids bought their boy cousins big tins of Roses/QS, but the only thing those lads have to worry about is their teeth dropping out!

Like the OP, I feel bettter when I'm not shovelling in higher fat foods, it was interesting to see that tummy pain came back when I was abusing my system!

PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:29 am

PurpleIvy wrote:I'm struggling with day 2 of being back on my healthy eating plan. I was sufficiently organised to send the rest of the mince pies with dd when she went to visit friends this week.

Wouldn't you rather have something of super quality in a small amount, than a big box of something cheap? I would! The kids bought their boy cousins big tins of Roses/QS, but the only thing those lads have to worry about is their teeth dropping out!

Like the OP, I feel bettter when I'm not shovelling in higher fat foods, it was interesting to see that tummy pain came back when I was abusing my system!

Welll done for being so organised with the mince pies Smile I love them so I as not to be tempted not to pig out on them and end up feeling ill I decided not to buy any this year. I ended up eating 2 mince pies all christmas and now feel as if I havn't missed out or over done it on the naughtie stuff.

I hope you start to get back into the flow of your healthy eating soon, and well done for starting out on it again Very Happy

mmm I'm with you on the best quality choccies I'd rather have one of those very small 4-6 choccy in a boxes than have a huge box of the cheaper one's. That way you don't eat as much naughtie foods yet you do have something extra special to enjoy. Very Happy It's the eating everything in moderation thingie mother used to tell me. Laughing

Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:49 am

Aisles wrote:

Aww bless at least they tired.

exactly. It really is the thought that counts, and I know there was some thought in it from her because the mugs and syrup are VERY me.

incidentally, while we were eating I asked my mum if the mincemeat in her mince pies for pudding had apricots in, to which dad said "why?!" my mum (I see her once a week) and my aunt (giver of coffee gift, only seen twice a year in person but spoken to on phone about once a month and constant facebook contact) both shouted "'cos she's allergic to apricots!" at the same time, in the same voice lol. you'd think my dad would know I'm allergic to apricots, but nope. my auntie seems to know more about me than my dad hahahaha.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:14 pm

we still have a christmas pudding left but i know they last ages till 2013 actually.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum