homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Fox comes a calling

3 posters

Go down

Mr Fox comes a calling Empty Mr Fox comes a calling

Post  Aisles Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:50 am

Now that one's geting less shy he's just run across my garage roof in broad day light.

Ealier in the year he would closely watch me from the other side of the veggie plot as I watered it.

Thing is my Irish staffordshire Bull Terrier is frighten of him and will not even venture out the door if he realizes fox is in the garden. He just stands at the open patio door and whimpers, whines and barks but he's the same if next doors cats are in the garden. Laughing

The young fox cubs kept digging a large deep hole in the side garden this summer. Every time we filled it in the next morning it was there again Laughing

But at least this year they didn't flatten my sweetcorn or dig holes amongst the veggies.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Mr Fox comes a calling Empty Re: Mr Fox comes a calling

Post  TP Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:00 am

my parents get a regular fox cross their garden in the daytime. They reckon the neighbours feed it they they dont know for sure. Must be quite worrying if you have young children in the garden while the fox is around?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:20 am

TP wrote:my parents get a regular fox cross their garden in the daytime. They reckon the neighbours feed it they they dont know for sure. Must be quite worrying if you have young children in the garden while the fox is around?

No worry there and tbh if you get too close he runs away. In the summer next doors little one's wanted to come into my garden to watch him but they scared him off.

Fox's might appear they arn't afraid but you get too close and they make a run for it.

Only problem is with young clubs they are a bit inquistive so if kids slowly and quietly approach them they are less likely to flee and will allow people to get much closurer as they havn't yet learnt it's not safe to approach us humans. As soon as you make a noise or sudden movement they'll run for the nearest exist.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:00 am

I have foxes coming into my garden, usually at night and you can hear them (I live in the sticks). I cant do much about them, they dont do any damage and no one appears to be feeding them. Last year they had cubs but I haven't seen any this year. they have a snuffle around, a bit of a dig and jog off!! Dont know where they go to after my garden tho!
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum