homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is anyone else a wannabe stay at home homemaker

4 posters

Go down

is anyone else a wannabe stay at home homemaker Empty is anyone else a wannabe stay at home homemaker

Post  sunrisecards Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:47 am

as you may have read in my previous posts my children are older so in reality there isn't really any need for me to be a stay at home mum BUT I did work while they were little and I absolutely love being at home and being in my friends eyes ' an old fashioned wife '
my friends think I'm mad as I try and have the house tidy for when hubby gets in ( we still have one daughter of nearly 20 living at home , but she wouldn't notice if the house was tidy or not lol ) and I like to have his dinner ready and a drink made for him, I think that he works full time , he is the main breadwinner and is always there for us so he deserves it, yes I do work but not as many hours and he does help out with the housework / cooking on his day off , weekends etc
but I am getting sooooooooooo frustrated as I can't be a stay at home Mum as we need my money to run the house etc
I'm cutting down my hours after christmas so thats a start and to be honest I'm not bothered about working some hours but I just don't want to do as many as I do at the moment
I will be cutting down to 23 hours and my ideal hours ( if I have to work ) is 20
I make and sell handmade cards so plan on building that up more and fingers crossed as they do better , I can drop hours
but I want it all to happen now lol

sunrisecards

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/sunrisecards/106821402675991

Back to top Go down

is anyone else a wannabe stay at home homemaker Empty Re: is anyone else a wannabe stay at home homemaker

Post  knitmylife Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 am

im in a very similar position to you except that our youngest daughter is 12.

i currently work 25 hours a week and desperately want to work 0 hours a week but need the money.

i am hoping to drop a day next year and do 20 hours x
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

is anyone else a wannabe stay at home homemaker Empty Re: is anyone else a wannabe stay at home homemaker

Post  alec eiffel Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi,

I am "an old fashioned wife", not a stay at home mum and have been since 2003. There's me and my husband and our pets, I think I'm the only childfree housewife I know. I agree with you about the work, Dan goes out to work all day so our agreement is that the house stuff is my job. There's still plenty of time to do the fun stuff like making things and painting so it's all a bonus. That's that. It works so we do it.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:56 pm

sunrisecards wrote:as you may have read in my previous posts my children are older so in reality there isn't really any need for me to be a stay at home mum BUT I did work while they were little and I absolutely love being at home and being in my friends eyes ' an old fashioned wife '
my friends think I'm mad as I try and have the house tidy for when hubby gets in ( we still have one daughter of nearly 20 living at home , but she wouldn't notice if the house was tidy or not lol ) and I like to have his dinner ready and a drink made for him, I think that he works full time , he is the main breadwinner and is always there for us so he deserves it, yes I do work but not as many hours and he does help out with the housework / cooking on his day off , weekends etc
but I am getting sooooooooooo frustrated as I can't be a stay at home Mum as we need my money to run the house etc
I'm cutting down my hours after christmas so thats a start and to be honest I'm not bothered about working some hours but I just don't want to do as many as I do at the moment
I will be cutting down to 23 hours and my ideal hours ( if I have to work ) is 20
I make and sell handmade cards so plan on building that up more and fingers crossed as they do better , I can drop hours
but I want it all to happen now lol

dont worry what your friends think. Its whats right for you. I think its nice that you look after hubby so many people dont care for each other really.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down