homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This drives me mad it must happento other people (shopping rant)

5 posters

Go down

This drives me mad it must happento other people (shopping rant)  Empty This drives me mad it must happento other people (shopping rant)

Post  TP Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Went shopping yesterday, the shelf talker says one price normally an offer but it hasnt been changed on the till so when it goes through it goes through at the full price? Got this sorted out after hanging around while the till person finds someone to go and check it and then has to alter the till grrrrr.

In the afternoon in Wilkinsons I bought some fairy which is a premium one limited edition and am sure its 99p. When i check the receipt later on at home its gone through at £1.69. I just feel i have to check everything and if i dont there is a problem? I wouldnt have bought this fairy at £1.69. I am sure its against the law to put things through at a different price. I dont have one local to me to take it back so looks like im stuck with it but feel abit conned. It defeats the object of buying something on offer.

Does anyone else get this and do you feel the responsibility is on you to check. Shops get your act together and make sure the prices match on the shelf and the till. It wastes so much time and its not the till persons fault either. They get fed up too. Mad Mad
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

This drives me mad it must happento other people (shopping rant)  Empty Re: This drives me mad it must happento other people (shopping rant)

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Yep, I pack and Dan watches the scanner!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

This drives me mad it must happento other people (shopping rant)  Empty Re: This drives me mad it must happento other people (shopping rant)

Post  marciared Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:00 pm

I agree think of all the money they make if they charge full price too. Its wrong. Its not up to the customer to check everything.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:02 pm

The fairy better be good for that price. I feel conned. Go in there to save money not be overcharged.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:15 pm

alec eiffel wrote:Yep, I pack and Dan watches the scanner!

its not possible to remember everything and its special price though is it especially if you have alot of shopping?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 pm

He puts all the special offer or reduced stuff at the back so he knows to watch for all the minus amounts showing up on the scanner, if he's not sure he just asks them to check (he adds up as we go along so knows how much we should be paying - what can I say he's a statistics guy!). We did it once with some Kettle Chips and apologised for messing about and the cashier was all "no, you do right, I wouldn't pay full price for these, don't waste your money spending when you don't have to" Laughing Our supermarket is really good tbh and if we have had an issue they've been great, it's only a small chain so you're treated like a real person which I like.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:26 am

they do it all the time. the till and the shelves arent updated at the same time so it happens often. i used to work in a supermarket so i know what they are like.

its rubbish x
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 pm

happened again to me today. I checked the receipt before i left the store so was able to get a refund. Think its time head office got their act together. pale pale
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 pm

I get naffed off when Mr T has its 3 for 2 offers on and theres no stock. 3 days I went in for the offer and told it will be out the next day. On the third day I had a go and the guy eventually said there are no stocks anywhere and they dont know when it will be in grrrrr................ tell me truth in the first place and dont waste my time. Shocked
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:40 am

wilkos said they would send me a giftcard because of this experience. Havent got it yet though.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down